Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you in this thread are funny. Last year you all wanted to tank for the lottery. This year the Spurs are losing games and on this trajectory appear to be on the way to doing that and are upset about it.

There is nothing this team is going to do overnight that is going to fix this. Might as well ride this out for another few weeks and then evaluate where we are at.
    Play a lineup that's at least fun to watch and plays hard. Look at the clippers last year. Those guys should not have even made the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SniffVP - Is there any other coach in the league that would have played Dejounte/Derrick this few minutes together tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Pop preach defense and then goes and plays Patty Mills, Marco Belinelli and other bad defenders heavy minutes? Even sometimes making them guard the best offensive player on the other team?
    Patty and Forbes on luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SniffVP - Is there any other coach in the league that would have played Dejounte/Derrick this few minutes together tbh?
    That's a good question. Probably not? I don't know. I guess it depends if the doctors really have them both on minutes restrictions (which hasn't been proven).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The minutes restriction excuse makes no sense to me since we've seen Patty the PG many times this season even when DJ/Derrick were having pretty good games. So let's bury that.

With the defense being absolute dog and the losing streak at 6 games now, it has to be some kind of ego/personal thing with the old man tbh. No other reason makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boylen probably wouldn't play them together. Then again, he also forgot he had Kawhi Leonard on his team after he subbed him out for normal rest in the 3rd quarter.

Bulls podcasters are routinely flummoxed into cursing fits by Boylen's statements and rotations, so he's pretty much right there with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah - no coach in the league would have not played their two best defensive guards for more than a few mins all season. Especially when a) the other guards are absolute dog on defense b) your team is one of the worst defensive teams in the league c) You're in the middle of a 6 game losing streak.

No other coach in the league would have given Beli this much rope when you have a serviceable 3&D player on the bench in Carroll.

No other coach would have glued a very talented guy like Lonnie to the bench esp when your team is severely lacking athleticism and a spark.

To have a coach that does all 3 is a ing joke tbh.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The seat smells like moth balls and Bordeaux tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The minutes restriction excuse makes no sense to me since we've seen Patty the PG many times this season even when DJ/Derrick were having pretty good games. So let's bury that.

With the defense being absolute dog and the losing streak at 6 games now, it has to be some kind of ego/personal thing with the old man tbh. No other reason makes sense.
    Pop spent a few months taking Kawhi off the court every time he came close to scoring 30 points for no basketball reason. It's always obvious that there is an ego involved in every decision Pop makes that seems completely contrary to logic (that is, a decision that the other 29 coaches would make).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has earned a ty season. If he had a good one he wouldn't retire.

Look at how long the Jazz were after Sloan left. Ok they weren't world beaters before but they were at least fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp,
    Marketing / contest idea for ST.

Do you have any connections that could allow a contest winner to have a glass of wine with Pop and sniff after a game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good question: why the are we starting the smurfs?

Thread Information