Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article imo, keep it up Amused. Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article imo, keep it up Amused. Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.
    If it does, his next article should be about Marco. Of course I don't want him to suffer a serious injury, so two or three paragraphs should be enough to get him out for a few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good , OP. Now we know who to hunt down when you injure players with your game threads. Just kidding, looking forward to more of your material, my dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said trade this er BEFORE they gave him an extension. But, I guess popovich knows better than we do. Maybe one day he's gonna become that unstoppable force on offense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only concern is that he has looked completely disinterested at times this season. I can live with poor shooting and a missed assignment. I can't stand seeing someone out there without any hustle or care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never been a passionate compe or. He plays for money and to glorify himself. Guaranteeing the money was dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good article. That's pretty much the story - what the is going on with LMA? Is he declining? Disgruntled (again)? Being affected by lineup problems? Or just off to a bad start?

The problem is that any of the above are real possibilities. I know that if he doesn't get it in gear, this team isn't making the playoffs. So the cause for concern is CAN he get it in gear.
    I do see that the big talk before the season was DeRozan taking more 3's, i guess it was just wishful thinking. When DeRozan and Aldridge play on the floor together they clog up the paint and the ball stops moving..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What concerns me about LMA is that he seems to avoid any physical contact this season.

He used to post up very deep under the basket at least once a game physically bullying his defender out of the court. This season he hasn’t done it once...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were not a lock to make the playoffs with a good LMA imagine the outcome with this terrible version of LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article OP. Thanks and I'll hope this is just a slump. It has been the most obvious thing wrong with our team's production. Will be there tonight and hope we see something different than last game's fourth quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main concern is not that though. The main concern is that he came into training camp in shape. Usually he's out of shape and needs like 20 games to get it going. But this season he came in fit from the get go. Pop even praised him for it, so you'd expect him to play well from the jump. I think he's just going trough the motions and will get back to last years form at some point.
    Just wondering, how do you know how in-shape professional athletes are? I see people talking frequently about certain players being "out of shape" and I'm just left wondering...how do you know? They're all in better shape than me, that's all I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA does this every year. Slower start than usual but I think its time we accept this dude for what he is - Not a Super Star or Leader. If he's considered anything but a useful piece to the puzzle, he'll disappoint every year. In other words, lower your expectations & celebrate when he is on because when it really matters, the Spurs will need someone else to take the reins offensively. He's always been a tremendous, shooting big man with a soft touch who can get on crazy scoring streaks. Unfortunately, he's also a player that can be stopped with double teams and physical play.

Demar is the same way. He's NEVER going to be more than what we've seen thus far. 3 point shooting? Forget it. Amazing Mid Range shooter? Check. Big time scorer in Regular season games? More often than not. Closer? Nope. Composed at the end of games? Nope. Just a predominantly empty stat getter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Viva la raza, vato loco.

Seriously though, still a little too early to panic, imo. He looked good the first couple games. I think he'll still play all-star level basketball this year. He goes through these periods where he avoids contact and settles for fadeaways pretty much every year. He always gets back on track when he starts mixing in some bully ball in the paint, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season Shaq kept alluding to the Spurs’ having two All Stars in DD and LA yet still not really moving the needle either in their record or recognition. It’s obvious why. Both a above average players but neither are leaders or at least not the kind you want if you would like to win. This team lacks the kind of on court leadership that would excel and make a deep run. I like both guys but only in the right situation and roles but on this team not as the go to guys. Yes, spoiled by Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony, David, Avery, Mario, Horry, Bowen, even Capt. Jack. I can go to war with those guys and the outcome I can live with. Don’t know what LA problem is but not rebounding and playing solid defense is an at ude and mentality issue and so far he doesn’t stack up to any names I listed above and I can add Kevin Willis, Brent Barry etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA does this every year. Slower start than usual but I think its time we accept this dude for what he is - Not a Super Star or Leader. If he's considered anything but a useful piece to the puzzle, he'll disappoint every year. In other words, lower your expectations & celebrate when he is on because when it really matters, the Spurs will need someone else to take the reins offensively. He's always been a tremendous, shooting big man with a soft touch who can get on crazy scoring streaks. Unfortunately, he's also a player that can be stopped with double teams and physical play.

Demar is the same way. He's NEVER going to be more than what we've seen thus far. 3 point shooting? Forget it. Amazing Mid Range shooter? Check. Big time scorer in Regular season games? More often than not. Closer? Nope. Composed at the end of games? Nope. Just a predominantly empty stat getter.

I agree with this wholeheartedly

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What i think surprising is, that the Spurs play better when DDR and LMA are not on court.

C Poeltl
    F Gay
    F Carrol
    G Forbes
    G Murray

I Would try this Starting 5. You still would have White, Walker as scorers from the bench, Mills has at least some uses and Lyles can play D against weaker opponents. Samanic or Eubanks as backup center.

DDR, LMA and Belli not in the Rotation.

On paper it looks weak, but the eye test shows, that the starting 5 as of right now is a liabilty. DDR and LMA dont bring even their B game on a nightly basis. I dont say they should score 30 points every night, but their production overall is abyssmal.
    The Bench bailed the starters out on many occasions. Against the Lakers the bench bailed them out 2 Times until the starters lost the game for good in the 4th quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What concerns me about LMA is that he seems to avoid any physical contact this season.

He used to post up very deep under the basket at least once a game physically bullying his defender out of the court. This season he hasn’t done it once...
    I wonder if that’s him “spacing” for others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wondering, how do you know how in-shape professional athletes are? I see people talking frequently about certain players being "out of shape" and I'm just left wondering...how do you know? They're all in better shape than me, that's all I know.

I gather information

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

on point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs a point guard who can run the offense. Look at the Suns with Ricky Rubio. Plug a decent distributor into any lineup and they'll make the team better.

I remember TP's last season with the Spurs, the team always settled into a nice offensive flow whenever he was inserted into the game...even playing on one leg.

That's a big area of weakness in Murray's game. He's a sh!tty facilitator at this point and I think LMA is suffering as a result. Feed the big man and let him eat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could also point to guys like Forbes, and his 3-point percentage falling, as another indicator of an offense that isn't being run very well. No one is creating open looks for their teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gather information
    I see. To play devil's advocate, Pop might not be the best evaluator of physical fitness...and he's biased.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point lma should accept a role off the bench. He would have more impact. But it wont happen. Just another Carmelo Anthony

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed. Just hoping LMA/Demar can just be place holders until White/Murray develop into stars.
    Last edited by daslicer; 11-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Thread Information