Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season Shaq kept alluding to the Spurs’ having two All Stars in DD and LA yet still not really moving the needle either in their record or recognition. It’s obvious why. Both a above average players but neither are leaders or at least not the kind you want if you would like to win. This team lacks the kind of on court leadership that would excel and make a deep run. I like both guys but only in the right situation and roles but on this team not as the go to guys. Yes, spoiled by Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony, David, Avery, Mario, Horry, Bowen, even Capt. Jack. I can go to war with those guys and the outcome I can live with. Don’t know what LA problem is but not rebounding and playing solid defense is an at ude and mentality issue and so far he doesn’t stack up to any names I listed above and I can add Kevin Willis, Brent Barry etc.
    It's really about mentality when it comes to superstars versus guys who are borderline stars. LMA/Derozan are not mentally tough when it comes to handling adversity/tough situations. Demar is especially terrible at this ala his crying, pouting when the refs don't give him the call and emotional outbursts when thing's don't go his way. LMA doesn't cry/whine like Demar but he becomes super passive and timid when he's not hitting shots or not involved in the offense. What made guys like Tim/Manu special is when things were not going their way they didn't give up or lose their composure. They continued to keep their head in the game along with still playing hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly how I pictured you to look tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What i think surprising is, that the Spurs play better when DDR and LMA are not on court.

C Poeltl
    F Gay
    F Carrol
    G Forbes
    G Murray

I Would try this Starting 5. You still would have White, Walker as scorers from the bench, Mills has at least some uses and Lyles can play D against weaker opponents. Samanic or Eubanks as backup center.

DDR, LMA and Belli not in the Rotation.

On paper it looks weak, but the eye test shows, that the starting 5 as of right now is a liabilty. DDR and LMA dont bring even their B game on a nightly basis. I dont say they should score 30 points every night, but their production overall is abyssmal.
    The Bench bailed the starters out on many occasions. Against the Lakers the bench bailed them out 2 Times until the starters lost the game for good in the 4th quarter.
    You lost me when you mentioned Walker as a scorer off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well written article

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need a consistent 3rd scorer to go along with Aldridge and DeRozan. And even though I don't like him I thought that Morris was exactly what the Spurs needed. If either DeRozan or Aldridge have a bad game the Spurs are going to lose. It's unrealistic to expect them both to play top notch every game especially Aldridge at his age now.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You lost me when you mentioned Walker as a scorer off the bench.
    Well than you never have seen Walker play. With a little playing time and confidence he can be a decent scorer from the bench. I am not talkin about 20+, i am talking about 10+. With White around 10+ and some contribution of the other 3 players, the bench could score around 25 - 35 point range. its not much, but as long as they hold their fort on the defensive site, it can work.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs need a consistent 3rd scorer to go along with Aldridge and DeRozan. And even though I don't like him I thought that Morris was exactly what the Spurs needed. If either DeRozan or Aldridge have a bad game the Spurs are going to lose. It's unrealistic to expect them both to play top notch every game especially Aldridge at his age now.
    Problem is not, that they dont play well every game, but that sometimes they completly disappear. Even with a bad game, both of them should be able to score at reasonable rate. Both together at least 30+ even on a bad night. But they are not able to do it, which led the spurs to lose against denver in the playoffs.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly how I pictured you to look tbh.
    not sure how to take that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No racist, but I figured you would be a skinny white Canadian after hearing you talk on Mono’s podcast years back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty bold move to use your picture when people want you dead after you start a game thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well than you never have seen Walker play. With a little playing time and confidence he can be a decent scorer from the bench. I am not talkin about 20+, i am talking about 10+. With White around 10+ and some contribution of the other 3 players, the bench could score around 25 - 35 point range. its not much, but as long as they hold their fort on the defensive site, it can work.
    I don’t care if he can average 30 a game. He ain’t playing much because this is his real rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No racist, but I figured you would be a skinny white Canadian after hearing you talk on Mono’s podcast years back
    If I was it would certainly make things much easier when crossing the border

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty bold move to use your picture when people want you dead after you start a game thread.
    Canada is too cold for anyone to visit this time of year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP you must've lit a fire under him. Well timed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP you must've lit a fire under him. Well timed.
    I’ll be doing one on Belinelli next

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me neither tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be doing one on Belinelli next
    Nah, I rather you just start a game thread at this point and hope you take out Marco through collateral damage or something.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with a bad case of getting shat in mouth disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with a bad case of getting shat in mouth disease
    U guys overreact after one good LMA game... He is who he always was.. A soft choker who occasionally has great games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys overreact after one good LMA game... He is who he always was.. A soft choker who occasionally has great games
    Lol right. Watch it be a high pressure game situation and we know he won’t deliver

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haven't seen him play? Are you talking about summer league?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought you went to clipperstalk.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll do one for every player on the roster if this is how they respond

Thread Information