Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they have to sell the whole company. The government would be stealing significant portions of their ownership every year.
    You said they would have to "sell their company"... that's either wrong or misleading without specifying that they would be selling only a fraction (non-controlling interest) in their company.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said they would have to "sell their company"... that's either wrong or misleading without specifying that they would be selling only a fraction (non-controlling interest) in their company.
    They could literally lose a controlling interest in a company as the result this big brain tax plan.

If I have 1000s of acres that makes my networth in the billions so I am forced to sell just to pay the fake indian then I'd say "I had to sell my land". That doesn't mean all. Similarly these people have to sell their company. And yes that means they could lose a majority position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I have 1000s of acres that makes my networth in the billions so I am forced to sell just to pay the fake indian then I'd say "I had to sell my land". That doesn't mean all.
    Without any qualifiers or any other clear context, it would not be clear that you mean only a portion, and not all. I wouldn't say "I sold my house" if I only meant I sold one room of my house.

So again, you should state clearly that they would have to sell a share of their company, not the company itself.

Or if the company does not want to issue equity interests to outsiders, then maybe they would have to sell certain assets belonging to the company to pay taxes but they again would not be selling the company itself.
    Last edited by DMX7; 11-12-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without any qualifiers or any other clear context, it would not be clear that you mean only a portion, and not all. I wouldn't say "I sold my house" if I only meant I sold one room of my house.

So again, you should state clearly that they would have to sell a share of their company, not the company itself.

Or if the company does not want to issue equity interests to outsiders, then maybe they would have to sell certain assets belonging to the company to pay taxes but they again would not be selling the company itself.
    The idea that company needs to sell assets that they likely need to operate the company to pay the fake indian just highlights how moronic this policy is.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billionaire Jamie Dimon Appears To Have No Clue What He's Talking About

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Mocks Melodramatic Whiny Billionaires

My Team