Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have the order wrong. It was Morris, who would be our starting PF, no questions, first. Then Carroll, who was to play some PF and some SF. When the Morris thing fell through, they signed Lyles off of the scrap heap.

I think what they're looking at now is "Can Lyles be an important piece with the New (post DD LMA) Spurs?". He's vastly improved in the last 3-4 games, and just turned 24 a few days ago. He's a former #12 overall pick. If he can come in, score 10-12 points, rebound enough for a PF, and shoot maybe 35-36% from 3, that would be a huge 'get'. He's obviously knowledgeable about the game, understands where he needs to be, and where everyone else will be.
    Lyles 2015 draft #12
    Poetl 2016 draft #9 Murray #29

Carroll was brought in for SF with Morris at PF. That was the plan. So its still odd that he's got no playing time even in Lyles is playing.

The way it's going, Carroll is not any better than Dante Cunningham who he replaced!!!!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what they're looking at now is "Can Lyles be an important piece with the New (post DD LMA) Spurs?". He's vastly improved in the last 3-4 games, and just turned 24 a few days ago. He's a former #12 overall pick. If he can come in, score 10-12 points, rebound enough for a PF, and shoot maybe 35-36% from 3, that would be a huge 'get'. He's obviously knowledgeable about the game, understands where he needs to be, and where everyone else will be.
    I have been very impressed with Lyles's BBIQ. Athletic near-washouts are rarely above average in that.

He is already a good rebounder and knows where to be (and is fast enough to get there) on defense. The 3-point shooting is what has been missing, at least up until those consecutive makes last night. I was surprised when he made the first and downright shocked that he even took the second, let alone made it. I don't have his shot chart, but other than last night's corner make (the second of those two), I remember all his 3-point attempts this season being at or near the top of the arc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demarre will get marco's minutes once pop is sure he's squeezed the last drop of juice out of that toothpaste tube
    What about Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought he played pretty well, tbh.
    Last edited by cd021; 11-09-2019 at 08:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take is that the Spurs got confused and thought they were signing Jae Crowder.
    this and/or taurean prince

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed reading it, thank you!

What, I would like to emphasize is that when Marco makes his threes, and he should recover from his slump at some point, makes us a much better team and it's because of the way he moves. DeMarre is still new to system and is not that mobile anymore, but the points the article make are all valid, which why I think that DeMarre fits better with DJ, Bryn, and DeMar whereas Marco fits better with White, Patty, and Rudy. And I think that explains the minute distributions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought he looked way more lively than in previous games. Perhaps it's true he's had an injury or something. He was literally the only Spur trying on defense in the first half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed reading it, thank you!

What, I would like to emphasize is that when Marco makes his threes, and he should recover from his slump at some point, makes us a much better team and it's because of the way he moves. DeMarre is still new to system and is not that mobile anymore, but the points the article make are all valid, which why I think that DeMarre fits better with DJ, Bryn, and DeMar whereas Marco fits better with White, Patty, and Rudy. And I think that explains the minute distributions.
    to be neutral, Marco would have to shoot above 40% in 3pt, he is simply a negative player (or in my opinion an active former player) these days and there is nothing to do about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate it.

As for Marco, at some point, a prolonged slump snowballs into a bad season. 9 games in, he's shooting 23% from 3. Does Pop ride it out and hope that he improves to the mean or does he eventually cut his losses and goes with Walker or Carroll?

I thought Carroll moved fine, he's not outrunning anyone but he is attentive on defense and his length allows him to keep up with his man. Defensive competency alone, makes him a threat to take Beli's minutes and the fact that he can knock down open 3s makes him at least average on offensive.

For Beli to be playable he needs to be better than average on offense to make up for his poor defense, if he can't do that then he's not an NBA caliber player anymore.

Thread Information