My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff by Josh: https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...own-2019-2020/

Forbes shooting more threes is a good sign. Historically, I've been on him for not shooting enough. So far this season, he's letting fly. That will help his long-term value assuming he can get back closer to 40%.

Gay shooting a lot more threes is notable. With how often he's firing away, it appears as if he's following orders from the coaches. Aldridge, too, has seen his rate go way up compared to last year.

DeRozan? Yeah, no, it's about time to bury the idea that he'll ever shoot threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean knowing the quan y and % is nice and all, but a bigger must know is how these three pointers are generated.

How many of Forbes 3 is taken off pindowns, and ofball screens..how many off the dribble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its really not fair to White, Aldridge, Gay and even mills..

the only players in the spurs that receive offball action for a threeball is Forbes, and belli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its really not fair to White, Aldridge, Gay and even mills..

the only players in the spurs that receive offball action for a threeball is Forbes, and belli
    Uh, you have Mills in the wrong grouping, tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on PtR there is also an article regarding the Spurs three point shooting ... in a nuts they are not hitting wide open threes. they are getting looks, but its not falling so far

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVPatty shooting 50% from three.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVPatty shooting 50% from three.
    And yet White, even with his bad start, has scored more points than Patty so far.

Forbes' 3-pointers have been assisted 94% of the time this season, compared to 85% last season. (That's a big jump.) I don't have the numbers, but my gut says that a high percentage of his 3P misses were off the dribble.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised White is shooting so well from downtown. Patty has definitely been a pleasant surprise to start the season.

Marco on the other hand...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White needs to take more threes

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White needs to stop being so hesitant to shoot. Passed up wide open threes on more than one possession during that Hawks game.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes' statistics may be misleading to those who have not watched the games because he has at least 5 three pointers that were halfway down and rattled out. Great article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Mills wasn't a defensive sieve, because his shooting is nice. I just cringe when I see him in the game.

I expect the team's overall three point shooting to improve as Murray gets better at running the offense and the rotations get more set. Carroll is a competent three point shooter and he's hardly played. Gay will improve on his percentage. Lyles has been a pleasant surprise, and his 3 pt % will certainly be improving. Belli...he looked pretty bad at the beginning of last year, too, so we'll see.

Good write-up!

Thread Information