Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its absurd and disgusting.

They ganged up on the spurs calling it a misdiagnosis, not making kawhi happy etc.

Fast forward two years and the Medical themselves confirm the spurs diagnosis..

For those who cant recall the spurs diagnosis..

Chronic quad issue. Kawhi can still play the same minutes and frequency (even back to back i assume) just need to manage after the game and learn how to play with Pain...

NYC doctor really ed up mentally.

timvp pointed this out two years ago. that it looks like he just needs to learn how to play with minor pain.

But this still thinking he can be cured.

So Why after all the disrespect is the media not reporting the spurs original diagnosis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people don't remember that the Spurs diagnosed Kawhi with anything. I think a lot of people believe the Spurs told Kawhi he was fine. So for them, the knee condition is proof of the Spurs' incompetence, not of their correctness. A lot of it is willful ignorance too though. People like D2K5 will still get up and lie about the injury even though they know damned well the Spurs' staff correctly identified the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris “insider information” Carter got fired and had to clean out his desk with security watching him. Jabari Young is no longer reporting on the Spurs. Things are looking up if you over look the actually team.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is starting a new trend. Who knows if it works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of people don't remember that the Spurs diagnosed Kawhi with anything. I think a lot of people believe the Spurs told Kawhi he was fine. So for them, the knee condition is proof of the Spurs' incompetence, not of their correctness. A lot of it is willful ignorance too though. People like D2K5 will still get up and lie about the injury even though they know damned well the Spurs' staff correctly identified the problem.
    Kawhi winning the Chip really allowed him to strong muscle the clippers and the fact that he was a free agent allowed him to muscle the Raptors. Nick Nurse was saying he was expecting Leonard to play back to back december, and then feb and the march but he never did.

It's a strong indication that even the raptors, clippers medical staff dont see an injury that should keep him out of back to backs...But his NYC doctor believes it can go away, but that was two years ago and its clear now that doctor was wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go to the 4:35 mark and listen to this nonsense. This is what the media thinks of the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris “insider information” Carter got fired and had to clean out his desk with security watching him. Jabari Young is no longer reporting on the Spurs. Things are looking up if you over look the actually team.
    Wait, what happened with Carter?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the Media"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what happened with Carter?
    He gone.

https://t.co/yJlEJEDxdp?amp=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A night when the Spurs play well, get a good win, and LMA has a great game, and what does apa do? He starts another Kawhi Leonard thread.

It's time for apa to go. Past time, really. Ban him. Get him out of here.

In fact, he should be banned. Ban his account permanently, and erase everything he has ever posted to the board. Do it.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A night when the Spurs play well, get a good win, and LMA has a great game, and what does apa do? He starts another Kawhi Leonard thread.

It's time for apa to go. Past time, really. Ban him. Get him out of here.

In fact, he should be banned. Ban his account permanently, and erase everything he has ever posted to the board. Do it.
    i'm not in favor of the banstick usually but this post gave me a clue

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention... we even wanted to rule him out for the entire season. Not sure... how we're in the wrong.

I will say however... that the criticism to Kawhi was unfair. Why would we just start assuming the one of the most hardest workers, if not the most hard working guy, would just mail it in? He's obviously hurt.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think most of you understand what really happened here.

Doc Rivers held Kawhi out of a game against the reigning league MVP.
    Then he said that Kawhi "feels fine".

Silver was pissed. That game was a big ticket draw, and the league doesn't like it when superstars get held out of those kinds of games.

Then the Clippers went into damage control mode. They said that Rivers mis-spoke, and that Kawhi was really held out due to a chronic injury.
    That gave Silver a cover story. He can say that the fans didn't get screwed - Kawhi really missed the game due to health issues.

Bottom line, it's all about the money and appearances, and giving Silver a way to save face with fans who were pissed. Now Doc has his permanent story, and he won't make the mistake of saying Kawhi feels fine ever again. When he holds Kawhi out, it will be to rest his chronic injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Skip Bayless is a Kawhi fan again, turning in his Spurs card. That's good for us too, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Skip Bayless is a Kawhi fan again, turning in his Spurs card. That's good for us too, tbh.
    Skip has always been a fraud and used the Spurs to do his schtick. Never actually thought he was a real fan like Beadle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only one holding out nephew is nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skip has always been a fraud and used the Spurs to do his schtick. Never actually thought he was a real fan like Beadle.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think most of you understand what really happened here.

Doc Rivers held Kawhi out of a game against the reigning league MVP.
    Then he said that Kawhi "feels fine".

Silver was pissed. That game was a big ticket draw, and the league doesn't like it when superstars get held out of those kinds of games.

Then the Clippers went into damage control mode. They said that Rivers mis-spoke, and that Kawhi was really held out due to a chronic injury.
    That gave Silver a cover story. He can say that the fans didn't get screwed - Kawhi really missed the game due to health issues.

Bottom line, it's all about the money and appearances, and giving Silver a way to save face with fans who were pissed. Now Doc has his permanent story, and he won't make the mistake of saying Kawhi feels fine ever again. When he holds Kawhi out, it will be to rest his chronic injury.
    Just flipped the channel in time to hear Doris Burke questioning the whole load management routine in a taped interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP flip flopping more than nephew

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP flip flopping more than nephew
    This got spent last year raging against Spurs medical on this matter...

BIGGEST GOT ON ST (AND IT AIN'T CLOSE)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted out. Get over it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone point me to the mention timvp said about Kawhi and his diagnosis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs and the Donald--two peas in the same media pod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted out. Get over it.

Thread Information