Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.
    The coaches don't know ... They benched the out of white last year until he HAD to play due to injuries... We would have never known white was as good as he was if we were healthy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.
    If one concedes that the coaching staff is in a position to watch him more and evaluate him based on practice, then one must concede that in their evaluation he has been found undeserving of court time. But it does beg the question, in the staff's extended exposure and evaluation does Marco look like he deserves as many minutes as he plays? Were they so utterly wrong in their player evaluation when they signed Carroll to a 2 (then 3) year deal? After all, he plays very little more than Lonnie.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just frustrated with beli .. under 20 percent from 3’s I mean what would be the damage in giving Lonnie 20 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe it was 3... to be fair he has given Lonnie chances... one game he gave up 2 and 1's, one game was 2 turnovers, and another he gave an and 1. You talk about the limited time he's had on the floor... how do you consistently do that... he's played like 5 games counting garbage time and gotten 3 shots at the rotation. Didn't pass the eye test or the game. He. is. not. ready.

Edit: I looked my information up. Feel free to stat check. Not two games but 3.
    4:56
    4:59
    2:11

Only fools draw conclusions from 12 total minutes, spread out over multiple games.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4:56
    4:59
    2:11

Only fools draw conclusions from 12 total minutes, spread out over multiple games.
    umkay man.. keep drinking the kool aid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dumb.

Have never made any outrageous claims about Lonnie. I'm just reasonable enough to not bury the guy after 12 minutes. His ceiling is TBD so let's find out instead of continuing to waste our time on a known piece of in Belli.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're dumb.

Have never made any outrageous claims about Lonnie. I'm just reasonable enough to not bury the guy after 12 minutes. His ceiling is TBD so let's find out instead of continuing to waste our time on a known piece of in Belli.
    well on a side note we both think each other is dumb. that's cute

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you want him to come in and light up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.
    That means he belongs in the G league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him play more than 9 minutes and if he continues making the same mistakes, then talk. Again, learning curve. Let him learn from his mistakes.

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.
    That's what the G league is for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about poor samanic he hasn’t even dressed out this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just frustrated with beli .. under 20 percent from 3’s I mean what would be the damage in giving Lonnie 20 minutes
    Because there’s actually people in the locker room and not robots. It’s not just X and Os that are being managed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do know Lonnie's had chances to show Pop and the team his worth in practices, right? It's not just that he doesn't make the most of the time he gets in real games. He's obviously not showing enough in practices, no matter how unimportant Allen Iverson thought they were.
    we talkin bout practice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawitter really did a number on a lot of folks on here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you want him to come in and light up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.
    Add in that he doesn’t have the luxury of playing with Duncan as a rookie. He’s got Aldridge and Derozen to learn from. That’s bad enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what the G league is for.
    ? Lonnie will light up the G-league. He needs to play against NBA level talent. Not scrubs.

Also can't believe the posters in here thinking a non- defensive unathletic "shooter" who can barely hit his shots is a better choice than Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't know where to be on the court. Playing time doesn't help not knowing where to be.
    Maybe he gets in and he is not focused, or he is but he simply can't play NBA basketball. It has nothing to do with potential. He is a mistake machine.

I hope he'll improve and find a way to make an NBA career for himself, he seems a very nice guy. But right now he sucks so much it is painful to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? Lonnie will light up the G-league. He needs to play against NBA level talent. Not scrubs.
    He does it in every practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how do you know this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much load? Nobody is asking to make him the go to guy. Just give him Belli's minutes.

Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie.
    Dude, WTF? All these players are Pop's "guys" What kind of benefit would it be to not playing Walker, if he's ready to play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaches don't know ... They benched the out of white last year until he HAD to play due to injuries... We would have never known white was as good as he was if we were healthy...
    The coaches don't know , but you do?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaches don't know , but you do?
    Don't respond to him. He's one of the dumbest posters on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milk Beli for what he's got.

Walker will get his minutes soon enough.

Why doubt PATFO when it comes to player developement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop wasn’t tough on him, he’s gone. He’s making him earn his minutes and he will. The only way is to get better. With all his athleticism, he is still lost out there. Maybe more Austin time for him to get him on rythm. But he would be fine. People think this is Sacramento or Phoenix where they don’t have any better players and are forced to use their rookies from day one. Spurs is a deep roster. Agree I like to see him taking Beli’s minutes, guess what? Beli was part of the beautiful game, tested and with championship caliber. Lonnie needs to grab his minutes from a champ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well on a side note we both think each other is dumb. that's cute
    I know, I want the kid to get a fair shot instead of just continuing to trot out the same low ceiling, no defense playing loser. What a koolaid drinker and idiot I am.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop wasn’t tough on him, he’s gone. He’s making him earn his minutes and he will. The only way is to get better. With all his athleticism, he is still lost out there. Maybe more Austin time for him to get him on rythm. But he would be fine. People think this is Sacramento or Phoenix where they don’t have any better players and are forced to use their rookies from day one. Spurs is a deep roster. Agree I like to see him taking Beli’s minutes, guess what? Beli was part of the beautiful game, tested and with championship caliber. Lonnie needs to grab his minutes from a champ.
    See how OKC treats Bazley last night. He looks like a deer in headlights. For as much potential Bazley looks like he has, it is being ruined by OKC throwing him out to the wolves like that. He is going to end up being a mediocre player in the long run. This is what the impatient "fans" here are missing.

Thread Information