Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli had some awful advanced stats last season...but things have actually gotten worse this year.

https://www.spurstalk.com/marco-beli...efensive-woes/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He exemplifies hard work. He is a consummate professional, and he is just an overall pleasure to be around. Oh yeah, and he is always compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This scrub doesn't belong anywhere near the court, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best line: In a league that covets 2 way players, what does a team do with a no way player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The headline is funny tbh
    Good work!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had me at "Mama, there goes his man." The rest of the article was a bonus.

I don't know what Beli does at this point. He's been around long enough to understand defensive rotations. Frankly, I think he's tired of playing basketball.

Give Keldon Johnson till the end of the year in the G-League, and I really think I'd move him into the lineup in place of Beli. Belinelli is that bad, and I honestly think Keldon would play much better defense than Beli is playing now. It won't happen because of Walker, but I still say it would be an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 'laugh out loud' le. I just saw him play the night before last and it was tough. 1 for 10...ouch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best line: In a league that covets 2 way players, what does a team do with a no way player
    You had me at "Mama, there goes his man."
    I Agree. Props, OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know what Beli does at this point. He's been around long enough to understand defensive rotations. Frankly, I think he's tired of playing basketball.

Give Keldon Johnson till the end of the year in the G-League, and I really think I'd move him into the lineup in place of Beli. Belinelli is that bad, and I honestly think Keldon would play much better defense than Beli is playing now. It won't happen because of Walker, but I still say it would be an improvement.
    Why not KJ and Walker stealing mins from Beli, 50M (and at times) and Forbes.
    Walker and KJ have potential they got to figure out how to make POP play them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Op with the Goods

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best thread le in years

Time for OP to do the game threads from here on out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him playing in the NBA at this point is mind blowing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs: where vets that should have retired go to get major minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many fluffers saying the same thing over and over, “Pop is letting player A show he can’t play anymore. Then player B will start to get player A’s minutes.”

This is ing Pop we’re talking about here. You think he gives a damn who is and who is not producing on the court. He plays who he wants with no regard for on court production anymore. He plays culture players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole team is ed, tbh. ting on Beli is just the cool thing to do right now, when realistically we should all be ting on poop. He's checked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marky Marco will probably hit a monster shot to knock out the Clips at seasons end and can retire a Spurs legend tbh.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many fluffers saying the same thing over and over, “Pop is letting player A show he can’t play anymore. Then player B will start to get player A’s minutes.”

This is ing Pop we’re talking about here. You think he gives a damn who is and who is not producing on the court. He plays who he wants with no regard for on court production anymore. He plays culture players.
    When DJ's mins restriction is lifted its going to be hilarious reading some of the far reaching excuses on why pop can't manage mins

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole team is ed, tbh. ting on Beli is just the cool thing to do right now, when realistically we should all be ting on poop. He's checked out.
    Exactly right . This where I feel bad for Bellini. It Really is pop putting him into this bad situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Literally the only the benefit that Beli offers at this point is he at least knows where to be on the court. He still moves and cut on offense, he knows the Spurs system and schemes, and for the most part he knows how switches and rotations are supposed to work. These are things that both Carroll and Walker still seem to be struggling with. That is the only possible excuse I can give for Pop still handing him minutes, because every other aspect of his game is outright ugly right now.

That said...Marco being where he needs to be on the court still doesn't seem to yield any sort of positive results.

On defense, him being in position still results in him being scored on or fouling more often than not.

On offense, his shot is broken right now, so even if he gets open looks they are not going in. And then he starts forcing shots which further discombobulates the offense and leads to breakout transition opportunities for the defense. You can live with those crazy Beli leaners when they are actually going in...but that is not the case this season.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More articles less game threads.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i ghost wrote the artile le so if u luv it u luv playblair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Marco can take the 2003 Steve Kerr role I’d be happy.
    spot minutes
    only play him if someone’s injured or team desperately needs shooting during the game

that’s it

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i ghost wrote the artile le so if u luv it u luv playblair
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article btw, Amused

Thread Information