My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...eautiful-game/

What do you think this current group will change throughout the season? It will be interesting to see if they can peak at the right time of year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This influx of new blood is exciting.

Keep it up guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The improvement of the younger players won't make up for the decline in the older players. Some big questions ahead of how you replace Aldridge, especially.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great read, great le!

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But when players like DeMarre Carroll can’t even crack the rotation, adjustments need to be made."

Here's the problem with that thought. If a player like Carrol can't crack the rotation, it could be because the rotation players are really good. It could also be because the player in question is really bad. But the third possibility is that the coach is arrogant and set in his ways.

So it doesn't necessarily show that a trade (or two) needs to be made. And it doesn't say who needs to be traded. Do the Spurs trade Carroll, since he can't crack the rotation? If they trade one or more rotation players for someone better, doesn't that put Carrol even farther from cracking the rotation?

Ultimately, the Spurs are paying the price for Pau's and Patty's contracts. And they are paying the price for Kawhi forcing his way out of SA. Both of those are bad, but together they are a disaster. And since you're talking in terms of the Beautiful Game, DeRozan is a good player but he is also the an hesis of how that Beautiful Game crew played the game. It's really a perfect storm for those who pine for that style of play in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...eautiful-game/

What do you think this current group will change throughout the season? It will be interesting to see if they can peak at the right time of year.
    Nice writeup.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article raised many good points, and I think having Demar play-make more might be a good option in the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article raised many good points, and I think having Demar play-make more might be a good option in the short term.
    It doesn’t matter if he does it for 42 minutes. In the last 6 minutes of winning time he going to revert back to hero ball. He’s a really good scorer, but he’s really really bad at hero ball in winning time.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a great game vs celtics, SpUrS aRe CoNtEnDeR

Thread Information