Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking the Nuggets to 7 games I knew was gonna give this team an excuse to run back the same loser roster from last year. I know Morris bailed and would have helped a little, but the team needed more than him to improve their team and little changes were made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a blessing if pop steps down

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look RJ 24 jumping off the cliff. never seen that before
    He waits with baited breath for this team to start sucking so he can carve his arms and sling blood all over ST tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should honestly tank. And tank HARD. Kawhi's got ass killed the team. Tank, tank, tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the optimists these edgelords are railing about? I must be missing those posts.

Disassemble the shower rods, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The #coffee gang has gone decaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think this will be his last year after all tbh. He looks completely disengaged; I can't imagine him sticking around if it isn't fun for him anymore.
    I believe Pop thinks it is fun to get paid big bucks to sit on the bench and put bizarre player combinations on the floor just because he feels like it, knowing there is not anything or anybody to hold him accountable. In his Spurs universe he is god. What’s not fun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At ude reflects leadership.
    Does leadership = Pop? Or our pseudo-stars? Or both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one on here really seems optimistic imo. Everyone seems pretty down on the team already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that either seems like duh to those who are realists or jumping the gun to those who are apologists, but consider this: Their strengths were supposed to be continuity and depth (and you'd think motivation, after watching how things worked out perfectly for S bag and horribly for them), accentuated by a back loaded schedule.

Yet, 9 games into said schedule, they haven't played well in one. They've eked out most of the ones they're supposed to either because they out talented the opposition or because cir stances favored them (Trail Blazers were 2nd night of back to back, on the road, banged up). Outside of that, they haven't so much as been legitimately compe ive with an average or better team.

If they're this bad given all that, how will they look when these factors inevitably even out and injuries strike? When the dust settles, this might not be the poorly constructed, mediocre outfit initially thought . . . it might just be a bad one period.
    I can't find a lie in this post. Well said!!

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad to see pop go out like this, but this outcome was completely predictable. It seems the front office is just full of a bunch of yes men. His own hubris is going to end maybe the most successful run in sports history.

Ultimately, the team will be better for this. The best case scenario is that the compe ion stomps out any glimmer of faith in these has-been vets and maybe the young guys can get some run in the second half of the season. Knowing how stubborn pop is, I doubt that happens, but it's my hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that either seems like duh to those who are realists or jumping the gun to those who are apologists, but consider this: Their strengths were supposed to be continuity and depth (and you'd think motivation, after watching how things worked out perfectly for S bag and horribly for them), accentuated by a back loaded schedule.

Yet, 9 games into said schedule, they haven't played well in one. They've eked out most of the ones they're supposed to either because they out talented the opposition or because cir stances favored them (Trail Blazers were 2nd night of back to back, on the road, banged up). Outside of that, they haven't so much as been legitimately compe ive with an average or better team.

If they're this bad given all that, how will they look when these factors inevitably even out and injuries strike? When the dust settles, this might not be the poorly constructed, mediocre outfit initially thought . . . it might just be a bad one period.
    This is a better start than last year tbqh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is reaching post Achilles Kobe levels of selfishness right now. There is no reason at all for him to be coaching this team anymore. He’s actually setting the franchise back as long as he is still here.
    There’s a lot of hyperbolic statements that go on here when we’re not winning, but once the dust settles of a loss this still rings true. Pop isn’t coaching for a le anymore, his poor rotations either out of stubbornness or he just doesn’t quite care enough anymore and would rather teach a lesson than get a win.
    imagine it from a players point of view- Pops demeanour would make it near impossible to question his coaching, and when things aren’t working out it can only lead to frustration amongst the squad.
    pop is and always be a legend of the Spurs and basketball in general, but it’s time to give someone else with some new ideas and fire in the belly a go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah!! Pop seems drained this year.
    he did just lose his wife so....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all on Pop, really. He's basically just running it back. Added Murray but its offset by White's minutes being cut + what turned out to be a Lyles for Bertans swap. Nothing else has changed from a year ago. Still as in love with his pets as he's always been.
    White is injured so why play him more? The loss of Bertans is due to Morris doing his nothing to do with Pop. If Morris was on the team, it would be a different team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is reaching post Achilles Kobe levels of selfishness right now. There is no reason at all for him to be coaching this team anymore. He’s actually setting the franchise back as long as he is still here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People say its just Murray that was inserted into the starting line up but its the ing pg of the team. Its a big addition and the whole thing needs time again. I'm afraid this season is an evaluation season for Murray to see if he's the pg of the future or not. I said from the beggining when we started 3-0 that we have a big chance to miss the playoffs. The two key positions are pg and center in our case Murray and LMA(i have to put LMA at the center position even though he's not a center) and both of them are struggling. If this continues season is over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the problem is that the system doesn’t look like it it cares enough. Our team lacks gut and iron will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bright side they didn’t prematurely extend Derozan. They can sell before the trade deadline or let him walk away.
    Tbh, having DD opt in would be the best option. DD, LMA, Gay, and Mills all expire. I wouldn't be surprised Spurs take on a 2 year contract for Beli come deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    current spurs are quite sickening to watch tbh. We need to go back to investing in D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team leader Carmelo Aldrige... enough said...

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don’t think Pop retiring is the answer because we don’t know what goofball goes in after him to coach, but at this point I kinda just wanna see what happens with it...
    Last edited by sananspursfan21; 11-10-2019 at 09:09 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bright side they didn’t prematurely extend Derozan. They can sell before the trade deadline or let him walk away.
    I'd holla at Detroit or Orlando tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing pat is this FO's specialty, but of course it worked when they had the goat Timmy and the big 3 to mask their inep ude. Without them this FO is finally getting exposed as what the truly are and nothing more. I know this organization isn't the worst but they aren't as great as people say they are.

I'm at the point that I don't even care what the Spurs do as long as its something different and new.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop the Coach plays the long game so I’m going to give him a benefit of the doubt. But settling for the DeMar DeRozan trade is what set this team up for failure. Until he is off the team, Demar that is, the team is going to squander. Nothing against him personally, but I’m just not a fan of his brand of basketball.

Thread Information