Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that either seems like duh to those who are realists or jumping the gun to those who are apologists, but consider this: Their strengths were supposed to be continuity and depth (and you'd think motivation, after watching how things worked out perfectly for S bag and horribly for them), accentuated by a back loaded schedule.

Yet, 9 games into said schedule, they haven't played well in one. They've eked out most of the ones they're supposed to either because they out talented the opposition or because cir stances favored them (Trail Blazers were 2nd night of back to back, on the road, banged up). Outside of that, they haven't so much as been legitimately compe ive with an average or better team.

If they're this bad given all that, how will they look when these factors inevitably even out and injuries strike? When the dust settles, this might not be the poorly constructed, mediocre outfit initially thought . . . it might just be a bad one period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look RJ 24 jumping off the cliff. never seen that before

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look RJ 24 jumping off the cliff. never seen that before
    Oh look, an apologist/cult member polluting my thread with their brainwashed garbage. Never seen that before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Dejounte and a few other guys, nobody seems to really give a out there tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd actually be good news tbh. If they end up with a high pick then not all is lost since about the only thing PATFO can still do at a high level is draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP isn’t wrong though. Pretty much anyone watching these first 9 games that isn’t a bonafide sniffer can see the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd actually be good news tbh. If they end up with a high pick then not all is lost since about the only thing PATFO can still do at a high level is draft.
    *durr but the playoff streak, tanking doesn’t automatically help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team will be lucky to make the playoffs, or not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. But what good does it do when the coach who should’ve retired years ago refuses to play/develop the young talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Dejounte and a few other guys, nobody seems to really give a out there tbh.
    At ude reflects leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, this iteration of the spurs is worse than that of last year. If the team from last year played some of the games played this year, opponents like the wizards and blazers would be buried. What makes it more frustrating is that the talent is still there, but it is not optimized at all leading to poorly constructed rosters and a weak team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The #coffee gang has gone decaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bright side they didn’t prematurely extend Derozan. They can sell before the trade deadline or let him walk away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is completely right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At ude reflects leadership.
    “#2 was not a leader”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is reaching post Achilles Kobe levels of selfishness right now. There is no reason at all for him to be coaching this team anymore. He’s actually setting the franchise back as long as he is still here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying Pop was on his Kobe retirement tour since Nephew bailed. The team is stuck in mediocrity as long as he’s around and having no chance at a proper rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the spurs get the first overall pick of the draft, Pop won't be playing him in his first two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. But what good does it do when the coach who should’ve retired years ago refuses to play/develop the young talent?
    Even if the spurs get the first overall pick of the draft, Pop won't be playing him in his first two years.
    I actually think this will be his last year after all tbh. He looks completely disengaged; I can't imagine him sticking around if it isn't fun for him anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t stay on top forever sooner or later we going to crash been telling people forever to enjoy David, Timmy, Manu, and Parker. The good times are over the dark years are upon us either enjoy being miserable or be a bandwagon fan and join the Raptors or Clippers or move to Canada ����

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think this will be his last year after all tbh. He looks completely disengaged; I can't imagine him sticking around if it isn't fun for him anymore.
    Yeah!! Pop seems drained this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t stay on top forever sooner or later we going to crash been telling people forever to enjoy David, Timmy, Manu, and Parker. The good times are over the dark years are upon us either enjoy being miserable or be a bandwagon fan and join the Raptors or Clippers or move to Canada ����
    Pretty sure most on here wanted a rebuild when Nephew bailed and I would take that over disinterested vets and a coach barely being mediocre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing is the only way we'll get change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all on Pop, really. He's basically just running it back. Added Murray but its offset by White's minutes being cut + what turned out to be a Lyles for Bertans swap. Nothing else has changed from a year ago. Still as in love with his pets as he's always been.

Thread Information