Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is actually the opposite of what is happening, in the podcast they talk about how after what happened with LMA he said "we are not trying to change you"
    Then why are Patty and Belli in the game when defense is the issue. Pop lets his stars play their game but has always tried to make the role players play a different game. look at how he handled Bertans, Mason, Dedmon, the list goes on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny because at least offensively, I always felt like Aldridge was a power forward Melo. Now we have two Melos.
    The sad truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now everything that is wrong with the Spurs starts with Pop. His rotations are suspect and his ability to get the best out of his players has had the opposite effect. The players are tuning Pop out cause he continues to try to make players improve on their weaknesses rather than putting them in position to succeed based off their strengths. In fact, Pop use to preach doing just that. He has regressed more than any other Spur personnel member.
    I don’t know if players are tuning him out or not, but the rest of your comments are on point. Pop is not putting players in a position for them to flourish and for the team to maximize their individual talents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is autrociuous to watch offensively. No shot, no skill set, can’t pass off the dribble; doesn’t see plays happen before they happen.... all the skills a good team needs from a pg. I would play 3 feet off of him and just wait for him to dribble-penetrate as a defensive player.

derozan has a shot, great footwork and can pass off the dribble isn’t nearly a good defender as Murray.

But I keep them both, it’s not easy to get and keep quality players on the NBA. At least we’re a top 10 team.
    If you blindly thinking spurs were a better team than the Celtics. That’s on you.

They shot well yesterday. Happens every now And then. Get over it and move on.
    We are definitely not a top ten team. May not even be a top 8 team in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because modern NBA defenses are geared towards preventing layups and 3-pt shots. So rather than forcing those up at a high volume, they just take what the defense gives them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why LMA doesn't just shoot 3's. He's going to get more points (even at 30%) per shot than any % he shoots in the mid-range even & at least space the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is autrociuous to watch offensively. No shot, no skill set, can’t pass off the dribble; doesn’t see plays happen before they happen.... all the skills a good team needs from a pg. I would play 3 feet off of him and just wait for him to dribble-penetrate as a defensive player.

derozan has a shot, great footwork and can pass off the dribble isn’t nearly a good defender as Murray.

But I keep them both, it’s not easy to get and keep quality players on the NBA. At least we’re a top 10 team.
    If you blindly thinking spurs were a better team than the Celtics. That’s on you.

They shot well yesterday. Happens every now And then. Get over it and move on.
    DDR lack floor spacing makes it worse for curry. Need to get rid of DDR. Murry is raw and has a higher ceiling than DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because modern NBA defenses are geared towards preventing layups and 3-pt shots. So rather than forcing those up at a high volume, they just take what the defense gives them.
    there is a reason NBA defenses allow this type of shot...it is not efficient. Its like getting lured into a trap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why LMA doesn't just shoot 3's. He's going to get more points (even at 30%) per shot than any % he shoots in the mid-range even & at least space the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "they are the team on offense that they try to make every other team while on defense"

Thanks for the article, and pulling that phrase as a summary. Sadly, it's pretty accurate.

your welcome bro! thanks for the thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small marlet teams dont have a lot of say when their draft picks are low (historically great franchise) and free agents are disinterested. The fact we havent missed the playoffs in like 22 years has worn ita welcome possibly. If the ship isnt right after about 30 games I assume trades and younger players will happen.
    I wish this would happen but i doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can score but disastrous on defense. Let’s see how Pop playout Murray/White without minute restriction. I’m hoping he abandon the Forbes/Mills/Beli combo which is killing us. Beli cannot even shoot crap and does not play defense. I would try to stagger Murray/White/Demar to play PG/Combo and bring in Carroll more at SF, to avoid any Forbes/Mills/Beli combo. Pop has to re-commit on Defense. Now there is also Aldridge posting and not relying so much on perimeter shots to create open shots. I think if Spurs is disciplined to play 48 minutes of defense, in and out basketball, I seriously think they can hang with anyone.

Thread Information