Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you watch the games and the issues are clear to everyone and worse is that the team clearly can do a few things to fix that issue. They have the personel to offset certain weakness. Everyone knows it.

What does a top assistant coach actually do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardy and Timmy are yes man tbh. The only one I have faith in is Becky and Pop probably isn't hearing any of her stuff.

Patty, Beli, and Forbes are HIS guys. They run this organization now.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    bud is the only assistant coach to ever stand up to pop..........its no coincidence spurs glory years went away after bud left..............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bud is the only assistant coach to ever stand up to pop..........its no coincidence spurs glory years went away after bud left..............
    Nah P.J Carlisimo would not take Pop's and tell him like it is. You're right about Bud also being that way though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won the NBA le the year after Coach Bud left. Great take as always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won the NBA le the year after Coach Bud left. Great take as always.

Seriously though, it's easier said than done. For as much of a got as he can be, the man is still the GOAT. It has to be tough to question him when he has the resume he has and you're barely trying to make your way through the coaching ranks. Same goes for the media. It sucks but its understandable, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean you watch the games and the issues are clear to everyone and worse is that the team clearly can do a few things to fix that issue. They have the personel to offset certain weakness. Everyone knows it.

To tell Pop “Yes, sir!” tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love coach PJ on the sideline now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still hoping Ime Ukoda comes back to take the reins in San Antonio. I’m hoping this move to Phili was to get him more experience under a different head coach. I think he is a favorite to land a head coaching gig next offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Suck pop balls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves his vets so much that he begged Tim to come out of retirement just to sit on the bench with him. Tim Duncan. Yes that Tim Duncan.

Dude is selfish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sniff sniff sniff sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardy and Timmy are yes man tbh. The only one I have faith in is Becky and Pop probably isn't hearing any of her stuff.
    Edgelords reaching new levels of edgelordiness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    answer the question. What role do our current assisants play and is it noticeable in the court?

Ime impact was clear. It was do ented how he made players feel comfortble..I can say he immensely helped the stars with their emotions.

we have not seen the same with the new assitance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    answer the question. What role do our current assisants play and is it noticeable in the court?
    We're nine games into the season.

Ime impact was clear. It was do ented how he made players feel comfortble..I can say he immensely helped the stars with their emotions.
    Edgelord delusions inventing scenarios in their heads while looking at how assistants sit on the sidelines. "Ime was for comfort. TD is a yes man. Becky is a go getter."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, the purpose of the team is to sell tickets, pop is a name and is pulling his share unlike our star players.

But to answer the thread: they do some scouting and help on practice. Really nothing important.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At anyone taking this thread seriously. This is one of his go-to shticks: Talking down Duncan. It usually goes hand in hand with talking Ginobili up though . . .

Edgelord delusions inventing scenarios in their heads while looking at how assistants sit on the sidelines. "Ime was for comfort. TD is a yes man. Becky is a go getter."
    Don't you know how it works? Every light skinned or mixed guy, is automatically soft and subservient . . . and if you look and sound like some stereotype, then you're automatically the opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

inventing scenarios?

Yeah those nmultiple interviews and wordmouth favouring ime is completey made up :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At anyone taking this thread seriously. This is one of his go-to shticks: Talking down Duncan. It usually goes hand in hand with talking Ginobili up though . . .

Don't you know how it works? Every light skinned or mixed guy, is automatically soft and subservient . . . and if you look and sound like some stereotype, then you're automatically the opposite.
    this is not a race thing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is not a race thing
    I meant in general with regards to how this league is often perceived.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I’m still hoping Ime Ukoda comes back to take the reins in San Antonio. I’m hoping this move to Phili was to get him more experience under a different head coach. I think he is a favorite to land a head coaching gig next offseason.
    stop trolling if ime became the coach spurs would be relocated to seattle within 3 seasons...........ime is the same coach who forgot to put kawhi back in the game smmfh wen pop got ejected

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    boylen/messina/borrego/udoka/forcier never stood up to popovich all they did was clap hands & say yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't figure out the purpose of OP, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Plainlords going to tell us what the assistants do? Especially Timmy Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's useless, tbh... the head coaching job is already fairly irrelevant in Today's NBA... mostly grooming former players on coaching duties....

Much more important is VP of basketball ops, where you get to put the team together, etc...

Thread Information