Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So shaq got the three finals mvp along with one mvp during that run but somehow Kobe should get credit for th alpha rings?

Hakeem’s statistical prime was before he won the rings.

Moses was bullying Kareem around in their primes

Duncan and Hakeem have totally different games. I don’t agree with it but it doesn’t matter in this argument because both are better than Kobe.

I can never understand the ring argument.
    I mean, Hakeem was putting up the most points of his career in his championship years. Also before Hakeem won the chip, he got eliminated in the first round 4 straight years in a row followed by a year he missed the playoffs. Not very impressive 5 year stretch. Even Russell Westbrook didn't get eliminated in the first round 4 years in a row.

Moses Malone pretty much became irrelevant after he won the chip in 1983. While Kareem was still going to the finals each year against the Celtics. And he let the Celtics punk him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Hakeem was putting up the most points of his career in his championship years. Also before Hakeem won the chip, he got eliminated in the first round 4 straight years in a row followed by a year he missed the playoffs. Not very impressive 5 year stretch. Even Russell Westbrook didn't get eliminated in the first round 4 years in a row.

Moses Malone pretty much became irrelevant after he won the chip in 1983. While Kareem was still going to the finals each year against the Celtics. And he let the Celtics punk him.
    Kobe’s couldn’t even make the playoffs when he was on his own with a similar supporting cast as MVPau did. Jordan didn’t get past the first round how many times?

Point is, every single year kobe won a championship his team has an over whelming advantage in talent, to the point he was clearly the second banana in three of those, and was second in advanced stats in the other two.

Moses disappeared? He led the league rebounds twice and scored over 20ppg after 83. Him not having Mchale, parish and DJ isn’t his fault. Unless you want to argue he is a GM.

I mean. How hard is it to understand that basketball is a team game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clutch time. Kobe be about that action

Clutch time. Jim tell's Pop to take him out the game for Boris Diaw. Then this happens

Boiled down: 24 >>> 21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch time. Kobe be about that action

Clutch time. Jim tell's Pop to take him out the game for Boris Diaw. Then this happens

Boiled down: 24 >>> 21
    Fitting Kobe was in be middle of a car wreck. Just like the lakers he ran to the ground.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fitting Kobe was in be middle of a car wreck. Just like the lakers he ran to the ground.

Scenario: YOU have a hall of fame vote. Kobe doesn't get in without your deciding vote. Is he in or out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scenario: YOU have a hall of fame vote. Kobe doesn't get in without your deciding vote. Is he in or out?
    Of course he’s in, no question. He holds the most unbreakable nba record of all time:most missed FGs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So shaq got the three finals mvp along with one mvp during that run but somehow Kobe should get credit for th alpha rings?

Hakeem’s statistical prime was before he won the rings.

Moses was bullying Kareem around in their primes

Duncan and Hakeem have totally different games. I don’t agree with it but it doesn’t matter in this argument because both are better than Kobe.

I can never understand the ring argument.
    This.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe, Duncan, Cash get in first ballot

the rest (except Marion) get in later... Garnett second ballot IMO

I don't think Marion is a HOFer. He's a draymond green without the rings... I mean I guess he did have 1 as a washed up depth role player with the Mavs in '11, but that doesn't count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of man tells on another man to the feds for literally no reason at all?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What kind of man tells on another man to the feds for literally no reason at all?
    Kobe 5
    Snaq 4

That's it and that's all son

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Jim could never

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't actually jump it, Jepe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He didn't actually jump it, Jepe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jim could never
    Sums up Kobe’s career, a bunch of lies being soaked up by the ignorant masses as facts.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Kawhi should have learned French so he could tell Porker to passez-vous le ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the Lakers, but I ain't gonna lie, I love how compe ive Kobe was. This new generation of players is soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Kobe Bryant Did Not Jump Over a CarFacebookTwitter
    Posted: April 15, 2008

By now, you've probably seen the viral video making the rounds of the web. At least, Nike hopes you have. Goaded by a teammate, NBA star Kobe Bryant appears to jump clear over a speeding Aston Martin DB9 Volante droptop (MSRP about $180,000). Though circulating the internet as if it were a home video, the piece is actually a carefully choreographed Nike commercial, an attempt to sell the shoemaker's new "Hyperdunk" line of basketball shoes. And the automotive press is unanimous: the stunt was faked.

Jalopnik says "We're skeptics," thinking the stunt was "all a slickly edited fake."

Autoblog thinks "Kobe really jumped (his leaping ability is not in question) as the car simply drove by beside him."

Britain's Top Gear comments, "If he thinks we'll believe that's for real, then he knows about as much as we do about basketball."

Pennsylvania NBC affiliate WCAU-TV was so unsure, they "contacted Drexel University physics professor Dr. David Goldberg and asked him if a grown man could jump over a speeding car." Goldberg's conclusion? "He says watching the video, you notice that Bryant is not leaning forward or back and is jumping just straight up and down which would allow him to rise above the car."

Bryant himself hints that the stunt was faked. The St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that, when a reporter asked him "How'd you jump over that car?" Bryant responded, "Hollywood, baby!"

Not to mention, as the Los Angeles Times points out, it would probably be a contract violation. "Jumping over a moving vehicle has got to be a no-no on some level (even if that specific activity isn't expressly prohibited in Kobe's agreement)."

Charlotte Observer columnist Langston Wertz worries that "People will try things they see on TV or the internet, particularly when it's done by a guy like Bryant, who is idolized by millions. … I can only hope no foolish young person is planning to 'just be like Kobe' and have his buddy come flying at him in a silver Corolla tomorrow."

Watch the video if you're unsure, but we're pretty certain we see Bryant's shadow on the car as it passes, meaning he's beside it, not over it. And frankly, we doubt he'd do it. The injury risk is just too high. No one would risk hurting a perfectly good DB9 like that…

Can't afford a DB9 yourself? Read about less-expensive alternatives with U.S. News' rankings and reviews of affordable

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi should have learned French so he could tell Porker to passez-vous le ball.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, Kobe Bryant Did Not Jump Over a CarFacebookTwitter
    Posted: April 15, 2008

By now, you've probably seen the viral video making the rounds of the web. At least, Nike hopes you have. Goaded by a teammate, NBA star Kobe Bryant appears to jump clear over a speeding Aston Martin DB9 Volante droptop (MSRP about $180,000). Though circulating the internet as if it were a home video, the piece is actually a carefully choreographed Nike commercial, an attempt to sell the shoemaker's new "Hyperdunk" line of basketball shoes. And the automotive press is unanimous: the stunt was faked.

Jalopnik says "We're skeptics," thinking the stunt was "all a slickly edited fake."

Autoblog thinks "Kobe really jumped (his leaping ability is not in question) as the car simply drove by beside him."

Britain's Top Gear comments, "If he thinks we'll believe that's for real, then he knows about as much as we do about basketball."

Pennsylvania NBC affiliate WCAU-TV was so unsure, they "contacted Drexel University physics professor Dr. David Goldberg and asked him if a grown man could jump over a speeding car." Goldberg's conclusion? "He says watching the video, you notice that Bryant is not leaning forward or back and is jumping just straight up and down which would allow him to rise above the car."

Bryant himself hints that the stunt was faked. The St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that, when a reporter asked him "How'd you jump over that car?" Bryant responded, "Hollywood, baby!"

Not to mention, as the Los Angeles Times points out, it would probably be a contract violation. "Jumping over a moving vehicle has got to be a no-no on some level (even if that specific activity isn't expressly prohibited in Kobe's agreement)."

Charlotte Observer columnist Langston Wertz worries that "People will try things they see on TV or the internet, particularly when it's done by a guy like Bryant, who is idolized by millions. … I can only hope no foolish young person is planning to 'just be like Kobe' and have his buddy come flying at him in a silver Corolla tomorrow."

Watch the video if you're unsure, but we're pretty certain we see Bryant's shadow on the car as it passes, meaning he's beside it, not over it. And frankly, we doubt he'd do it. The injury risk is just too high. No one would risk hurting a perfectly good DB9 like that…

Can't afford a DB9 yourself? Read about less-expensive alternatives with U.S. News' rankings and reviews of affordable
    Delete this bruh. I already knew that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers, but I ain't gonna lie, I love how compe ive Kobe was. This new generation of players is soft
    You're revising history. Kobe was a stat chaser. He wasn't compe ive unless he had a overwhelming talent advantage on his team. Otherwise he was just brand building and running off teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delete this bruh. I already knew that.
    No, I have to battle fake news.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not Jim
    Not Bron
    Not Shaq
    Not KG