Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I again noticed that Kawhi wasn't mentioned or shown in any highlight reel footage.

When one sees the genuine love expressed and shared by everyone on the floor during Tony's ceremony one can come to understand that Kawhi's betrayal is truly unforgivable. He stabbed the Spurs' family in the back. And they were willing to let him become the face of the franchise. San Antonians loved Kawhi and he betrayed them all as well. Uncle Dennis is a greedy, manipulative tool who convinced Kawhi against his better interests. Kawhi was foolish enough to go along with uncle's shenanigans.
    Kawhi has a legit chance to win b2b championships with 2 historically bad franchises. When you look at the construction of this roster and the rotations thrown out there, it's hard not to understand his choices in hindsight. Sure - a terrible way to go out but it's worked out for him.

The Raptors put a great defensive team around him. The Clippers have done the same. Pop would have said, you've got Patty, Beli, and Forbes as your guys - make sure they get their looks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I again noticed that Kawhi wasn't mentioned or shown in any highlight reel footage.

When one sees the genuine love expressed and shared by everyone on the floor during Tony's ceremony one can come to understand that Kawhi's betrayal is truly unforgivable. He stabbed the Spurs' family in the back. And they were willing to let him become the face of the franchise. San Antonians loved Kawhi and he betrayed them all as well. Uncle Dennis is a greedy, manipulative tool who convinced Kawhi against his better interests. Kawhi was foolish enough to go along with uncle's shenanigans. By being a sheep, Kawhi has clearly demonstrated that he lacks the self driven leadership to be his own man.
    Ummm Kawhi is probably about to win back to back championships. While Pop has been constructing garbage rosters, refusing to play/develop youth, and making crazy pills rotations. I would say that Kawhi’s decision is making sense and actually was the smart move for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/S4UYTAzOAWY
    Thank you Tony. It was a great pleasure to watch you.
    Last edited by horseshue; 11-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just got a chance to watch the ceremony and it was awesome! I truly feel so lucky to have been a fan of the Spurs during Parker’s time here and of course all the Big 3. Seeing how the team is now makes me truly appreciate it even more.
    the whole family thing is amazing and I love that this franchise has been known for that.

congrats on the retirement Tony, best PG in the history of the Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has a legit chance to win b2b championships with 2 historically bad franchises. When you look at the construction of this roster and the rotations thrown out there, it's hard not to understand his choices in hindsight. Sure - a terrible way to go out but it's worked out for him.

The Raptors put a great defensive team around him. The Clippers have done the same. Pop would have said, you've got Patty, Beli, and Forbes as your guys - make sure they get their looks.
    It's worked out, but Raptors and Clippers already had great casts and were missing a super star, they didn't 'put' a great defensive team around him. How many times in NBA history has anyone had the opportunity to dump an all-star for a superstar for cheap? You want to count PG forcing his way out of OKC as something that Pop could've done?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to admit if Tony doesn't do the sexting thing, he's likely right up there with Bowen in popularity.

I dunno about that. Bowen had a Latina wife at the time, tbh, always a fan fave...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    upper deck tickets were 6 dollars (lowest possible).

10 rows behind the spurs bench was only 200

**on stub hub an hour before the game

this is the future PATFO chose can’t let uncle Dennis win!!
    When you’re out of state you’re not searching an hour before tip. those greedy assholes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you’re out of state you’re not searching an hour before tip. those greedy assholes
    I got my tickets about 2 weeks before the game for $175.00 each through pounding the rocks special offer. Came with a shirt (all of them do) and 1 free soda and nacho. Seemed like a good deal, section 105 behind the spurs bench. Tony Parker and Boris Diaw were sitting about 15 rows in front of me, was pretty cool. Just gotta know where to look man!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what? Not like he'll take advantage.

Le "not sure I belong here" re complex.
    He clearly fits with the starters better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I wasn’t trying to clown on you. I bet your prices were from when we looked like an actual basketball team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got my tickets about 2 weeks before the game for $175.00 each through pounding the rocks special offer. Came with a shirt (all of them do) and 1 free soda and nacho. Seemed like a good deal, section 105 behind the spurs bench. Tony Parker and Boris Diaw were sitting about 15 rows in front of me, was pretty cool. Just gotta know where to look man!
    That sounds like a decent deal for that section. I was looking over and over on ticketmaster. In the beginning it was like 250 each for nosebleed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I wasn’t trying to clown on you. I bet your prices were from when we looked like an actual basketball team
    Come to think of it, the searches were at the start of the season and when we were like 3-0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    upper deck tickets were 6 dollars (lowest possible).

10 rows behind the spurs bench was only 200

**on stub hub an hour before the game

this is the future PATFO chose can’t let uncle Dennis win!!
    Holy are you serious?? I bought nosebleeds (literally the top row against the wall) the second they went on sale and they were 130 a piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come to think of it, the searches were at the start of the season and when we were like 3-0
    figures. I’ve been burned before that way.

Holy are you serious?? I bought nosebleeds (literally the top row against the wall) the second they went on sale and they were 130 a piece.
    Yup. I check sometimes for s and giggles, I would’ve paid that much just to be there tbh. the last of our glory days for a bit

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait a minute why is avery johnson's number retired lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    figures. I’ve been burned before that way.

Yup. I check sometimes for s and giggles, I would’ve paid that much just to be there tbh. the last of our glory days for a bit
    Funny, since I bought league pass back then but haven't watched a game on it since we started losing every game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I dunno about that. Bowen had a Latina wife at the time, tbh, always a fan fave...
    So did Tony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about det one

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You have to admit if Tony doesn't do the sexting thing, he's likely right up there with Bowen in popularity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think Spurs “fans” were calling for him to be replaced by one Patty Mills or worse, Dejonte Murray is insane when you look back. On any given night, Parker would put the team on his back and carry them to wins. Did it in the playoffs mostly, especially in sequences like at the end of G6 like you mentioned. Crazy that the Spurs couldn’t put those games away. Dude would have gone down with multiple FMVPs, even more rings, and helped Duncan finish 6/6 in the Finals (or better).

Thread Information