Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I vote for the impeachment of Pop.
    A coach that doesn’t care about Team USA losing and now he is not care about the Spurs.
    He like to talk about politics and he cannot do his own job right.

A liberal with a communist and dictator mind.
    Worshipping re ed criminals that wear Chinese-made red hats with dumb catch-phrases won't make the Spurs win games. off, Jimbob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have the same talent as last year. They are missing their best on/off player from last season. I know many ignorants didn't realize the impact of Bertans but it is showing now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lack of defense and too many turnovers. Maybe Murray doesn't deserve to be in the starting lineup.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The other teams just make more shots than us. It's really not that hard to figure out."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan seems like a cancer that has spread through the locker room

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In order: LMA, Rudy, Pop and Marco.
    LMA has no court awareness, touch around the rim, court vision, basketball instinct or passion for the game. All he has is a pretty smooth midrange jumper nowadays every once in a while.
    Rudy has no BBIQ at all especially for a player his age, no hustle and seems to me his body is braking.
    Pop want get over himself at all anytime soon, he want play LW4 because the fans want it right now but it has to happen on his terms to be in control.
    Marco has the gansta lean syndrome on all his shots for no reason other than he made a few of them during a hot streak but is really messing up his shot right now but it's a habit now therefore his shot is M.I.A. and his defense is not acceptable and that's putting it lightly.

Brighter days coming in a few years:
    Luka, DJM, LW4, KJ, White and maybe Quindary.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Derozan put this team on the wrong track . Said this last season. Kawhi You really screwed the team in so many ways and it's still happening to this day. Pop is invested in Demar unfortunately.

This season pop has to own it. The roster construction, through to rotations. From prioritizing spacing over defense and talent . It all falls on pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A combination of age and inexperience. LMA and Gay just can't bring it every night (at least, they aren't giving that indication). DeJounte and White haven't reached that point where they can make consistently good plays the vast majority of their time out there. DeRozan is in the middle where he doesn't have much of an excuse to be inconsistent. And to be fair to him, he's probably been the most consistent of the team's "Big Five". He gets blamed for a lot of things that aren't his fault, but he also hasn't stepped up to be the driving force he was at times last year. Until at least three of those guys figures out how to get it done on a nightly basis, none of the other things will do anything.

But yeah, there are schematic issues on both ends. Lyles has caught up to what Pop wanted him to be, but Beli has yet to reward Pop's faith. Offensively, Pop needs to run more plays, especially plays to get three-point looks for guys who aren't Forbes or Mills. Spacing is NOT based on three-point percentage. It's based on the reputation of the guys playing off the ball. Even if Murray and Aldridge are now decent shooters, they won't improve spacing unless they SHOW it. They need to do more than just run various iso's with the SL. Defensively, Pop needs to give the guys out there basic principles and have them follow those rigorously. There's way too much confusion over things like picking up players in transition and switches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gay's body is falling apart but for Aldridge, I'm skeptical his age has really caught up with him. Right now his play is similar to how he played in his first two seasons which isn't an indictment of physical decline. I agree with you that the schematic isn't optimized for the team. The players simply do not fit together and it results in players like Derozan getting blamed even though he's playing ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No iden y is my issue. It does not look like LMA team anymore. And Pop is not utilising DD like he did last season. White and Murray take turns, whilst Forbes, Mills, and Beli have the green light to just shoot. This is what happens when you don't have a clear offensive schemes. Spurs use to be a well oil'd machine. Now I don't know what we will get.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans

Also, Marco and Forbes were shooting better from behind the arc

Also, Both LMA and Derozen want to dominate the ball, but now we bring back Murray to run point, and he ain't doing it so well. He should just feed LMA/DDR and play D

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No iden y is my issue. It does not look like LMA team anymore. And Pop is not utilising DD like he did last season. White and Murray take turns, whilst Forbes, Mills, and Beli have the green light to just shoot. This is what happens when you don't have a clear offensive schemes. Spurs use to be a well oil'd machine. Now I don't know what we will get.
    Haven't seen anybody mention it, but with the current roster construction and these two "stars" we have... they need to play more two man game in the starting lineup and let everyone feed off them. They both need the ball and need each other to score. I agree its iden y indeed. You got pop running plays for Forbes on the three and he's chucking almost every time he gets it. Then you got Murray trying to establish himself and calls his number. Offense needs to be more focused attack. Pop likes to let his teams figure it out but it would help to be more like Miami where everyone knows there roles. Pop honestly needs to coach more. For example players rushing shots at the end of the clock are partly his fault no matter what the players experience level is. You got a lot of new players from different systems... He needs to remind everyone every play what he wants. Team is running reckless out there. Pop needs to establish himself. This isn't the big 3 that made your job easy. This team is a lot of work. Can't preach defense then play so many weak links on D and say the defense is terrible or soft etc. Feel like Pop is putting people in positions to fail. Mills guarding all stars. Demar vs LA was another... He was getting abused by LeBron all game and he did nothing to help. Pop has to assert himself. This team needs to be put in a position to succeed tbh These stars are not all time greats. They have glaring weaknesses that need to be covered better.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is definitely true. No one seems to know what their role is. This is not the 2014 Spurs, who could have different guys take over different nights/plays without issue.

Also, this team does not have the personnel to be a dynamic offense. They should just focus on the defensive side and hope for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is that the coach and GM don't realize the roster ain't talented enough. Pop probably thinks it's a mental/motivation issue not realizing that the team simply lacks talent

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem is that the coach and GM don't realize the roster ain't talented enough. Pop probably thinks it's a mental/motivation issue not realizing that the team simply lacks talent
    nah man we have talent.. it's just not being used properly

the talent argument is weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I vote for the impeachment of Pop.
    A coach that doesn’t care about Team USA losing and now he is not care about the Spurs.
    He like to talk about politics and he cannot do his own job right.

A liberal with a communist and dictator mind.
    Your English is probably better than my version of your language, but Pop could care less if you don't like what he has to say about the piece of about to be impeached in the White House. The Orange Imbecile is not fit to be in office and most people with an IQ in triple digits would agree with that.

However with regard to basketball, he is not sticking around because he thinks he's going to win a championship. He'll likely retire after the Olympics and he'll probably have a gold medal to show for his efforts. This team just started the season and aren't very good. It's just the way it is. Watch another team if you are offended by Pop's politics, but I hate to tell you everyone in the NBA thinks Fat Nixon is is an abomination. Every coach and 99.9% of the players. Anyone who likes Plump can go themselves and start watching NASCAR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA looks washed up..
    Murray has done nothing this season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we are still recovering from losing maybe the best player in the league.. Not exactly a small loss. Imagine if Tim had gone to the Magic? Lean years would have followed.. And in Tim's career we got lucky with Tony and Manu. 2 guys not projected to be All Star Players when drafted..

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A combination of age and inexperience. LMA and Gay just can't bring it every night (at least, they aren't giving that indication). DeJounte and White haven't reached that point where they can make consistently good plays the vast majority of their time out there. DeRozan is in the middle where he doesn't have much of an excuse to be inconsistent. And to be fair to him, he's probably been the most consistent of the team's "Big Five". He gets blamed for a lot of things that aren't his fault, but he also hasn't stepped up to be the driving force he was at times last year. Until at least three of those guys figures out how to get it done on a nightly basis, none of the other things will do anything.

But yeah, there are schematic issues on both ends. Lyles has caught up to what Pop wanted him to be, but Beli has yet to reward Pop's faith. Offensively, Pop needs to run more plays, especially plays to get three-point looks for guys who aren't Forbes or Mills. Spacing is NOT based on three-point percentage. It's based on the reputation of the guys playing off the ball. Even if Murray and Aldridge are now decent shooters, they won't improve spacing unless they SHOW it. They need to do more than just run various iso's with the SL. Defensively, Pop needs to give the guys out there basic principles and have them follow those rigorously. There's way too much confusion over things like picking up players in transition and switches.

Hasn't the formula always been to put some older/experienced guys on the roster to sort of guide and stabilize the young talent?

The overall talent level on this team is low. What talent is there, Pop is mismanaging. That's a bad combination. And for all of his bull talk about drinking wine together, and long walks on the beach, there is no chemistry here. Last year (before Kawhi), the Clippers were much shorter on talent, but the chemistry on that team was obvious. They played for each other, and they over-achieved. The GOAT coach hasn't done anything that puts this team in that class. I'm willing to concede that he did great things in the past. But there's no denying that he isn't getting anything special out of this squad. Isn't that what being the GOAT coach is all about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you watch Raptors vs Clippers (or Jazz, or Bucks, or ... Grizzilies, etc.), and look at these teams from the point of view of athletics, versatility and hardness, you realize that the Spurs and their president of basketball operations simply stopped in the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    marco felt threatened, so pop had to nip that in the bud
    He also nipped Bud in the bud. That dude should be our coach right now, but noooooooo, the old man refuses to walk away and give up the reins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - two fading stars
    - two young PGs who are way too inconsistent to take over the lead role
    - Poeltl regressing instead of improving in his second year
    - Belli sucks while Patty and Forbes are just too small in this league - Forbes has talent but you cannot teach length

overall it is indeed talent ... teams with much less experience and playing time together are wupping our butts just because their individual talent surpasses ours by far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - two fading stars
    - two young PGs who are way too inconsistent to take over the lead role
    - Poeltl regressing instead of improving in his second year
    - Belli sucks while Patty and Forbes are just too small in this league - Forbes has talent but you cannot teach length

overall it is indeed talent ... teams with much less experience and playing time together are wupping our butts just because their individual talent surpasses ours by far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2019 trump is a better president than pop is a coach T B H

Thread Information