Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not 2015. Something is mentally wrong with Pop. He soon will be the oldest coach in NBA history. It is time to move on as he is no longer able to keep up with the game. Same thing happened this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What competent franchise would have fired Pop?
    Coaches are fired all the time, tbh. I’m not talking this particular season, but the past 4 have been brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha! True. I don’t mind “zigging while the rest of the league zags” but this roster isn’t really even in the ballpark. It sorta worked last year because I guess Demar was motivated to show the Raptors what’s up and Aldridge kinda had a newfound motivation. It’s hard to completely blame Pop alone when you’ve got a roster with not too many options. Although, this would now be a perfect season to give that future core some burn. Might as well at this point.
    It's easy to blame him, he has just as much or more say than anyone else on how the roster is constructed...is it really that hard for the pop apologist to see that he has lost it as far as coaching is concerned? Just like great players lose their abilities, so do coaches, whether it is because he is disinterested or his system and shtick are played out or the players have tuned him out, whatever the reason is, his time has come and gone and the longer he keeps this up, the harder it's going to be to get this franchise back on track...and getting into the playoffs for a one and done really hurts the team as far as getting NBA ready rookies...I would have rather seen us miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick the past couple of years instead of getting a late first rounder just so he can keep his playoff streak alive..pop is being selfish and it's hurting the team, bottom line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said it himself. “Coaching [effect on winning in the NBA] is overrated”. We just have an unbalanced roster ala NY knicks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Pop is past his prime, and that is no knock on Pop. While coaching doesn't take the physical toll on your body playing does, it is still physically & emotionally draining. There is no way Pop can put in the same amount of time & intensity he did 10 years ago. While wisdom/experience can offset some of this, it is not the same. Add to that, that anyone who has had success doing something a certain way is reluctant to change methods/approach. It is easy to try new/different things when you are younger or when what you are doing isn't yielding good results. It's a lot tougher to abandon something that once brought great success but is now not yielding as good of results. Pop is a great coach, and great coaches are humans, and all of us eventually decline in our ability to perform in whatever our chosen profession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk, I think he’s pretty close to entering his prime at his ripe age of 70. I’ll bet he’s gonna be shocking some people in the coming seasons.
    As he ventures out of his home buck ass naked trying to catch the bus to St Louis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not 2015. Something is mentally wrong with Pop. He soon will be the oldest coach in NBA history. It is time to move on as he is no longer able to keep up with the game. Same thing happened this summer.
    His wife died. That will with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POP is like fine wine, gets better with age... Pop doesnt require a minute restriction as he is not on the court playing.. You want to blame someone Blame the players for not putting there best efforts or making adjustments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like RC has gotten off without ANY blame ever since he moved on. He was in charge of personnel moves, right? One can argue this roster is his creation and Pop is working with what he was given.

Thread Information