Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's customary for us here at SpursTalk to lambast Pop, but this might finally be the year where he's finally lost it.

This season thus far might be his worst coaching performance since the year he fired Bob Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to 2015

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to 2015
    this tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk, I think he’s pretty close to entering his prime at his ripe age of 70. I’ll bet he’s gonna be shocking some people in the coming seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never had a prime. Was always bailed out by Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Kawhi. Now, with an average roster he does poorly. Not a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been done since 2014. it was clear Tim and Kawhi were carrying him all these years. You don’t need good coaches to win les anymore. Look at the head coaches since 2016 who have won les.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been done since 2014. it was clear Tim and Kawhi were carrying him all these years. You don’t need good coaches to win les anymore. Look at the head coaches since 2016 who have won les.
    I think that was always the case. Phil Jackson,Riley would be a bunch of nobodies if they didn't have MJ,Magic,Jabbar,Shaq, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should've retired with Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's customary for us here at SpursTalk to lambast Pop, but this might finally be the year where he's finally lost it.

This season thus far might be his worst coaching performance since the year he fired Bob Hill.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not at all. JUST NOT OVER HIMSELF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Huh? I thought he traded Bob Hill for Number 2. Great year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of clowns in this thread, look LA's 9 seasons with Portland and 5 seasons with the Spurs, he scores more points, his FG% is up, his eFG% is up he blocks more shots, he assists more, he fouls less. Sure Pop had nothing to do with it. Same is true for DeMar, and other players, Pop is one of the best and we are lucky to have him as a coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is, but his coaching this season is head scratching. Rotation choices, match up choices. And no challenges made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll always appreciate Pop, but it’s time he let someone else take the reins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any other team, he'll either be fired by now, or being ordered to tank the season... to be replaced once that team rebuilds.

And this is what's frustrating about Pop and thus the situation the Spurs are in. His job is never on the line, so he can alienate players all he wants, while at the same time he's too proud to tank for a high pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, what. Under no cir stances would he be fired by any other team except the Kings because they are re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any other team, he'll either be fired by now, or being ordered to tank the season... to be replaced once that team rebuilds.

And this is what's frustrating about Pop and thus the situation the Spurs are in. His job is never on the line, so he can alienate players all he wants, while at the same time he's too proud to tank for a high pick.
    What competent franchise would have fired Pop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaches need players.. Good ones. I read it somewhere..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll always appreciate Pop, but it’s time he let someone else take the reins.
    I hope you don't think that will turn it around.. LA is washed up and Murray has done nothing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to 2015

I agree, this is the responsibility of our GM / president of operations.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a compound of problems this season. The Spurs virtually brought back the same team and they act like they’ve never played together before. Miscues, turnovers, horrible shooting. And the defense according to the eye test is WORSE than last season, even with Murray. Aldridge looks disinterested. Demar looks disinterested for the most part, until he gets a foul called on him. I mean, at the end of the day, Pop takes a lot of the brunt as a coach should, but let’s take a holistic approach to this suckage. Let’s not act like a new coach is gonna turn this team into a 50 win contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Pop talk to Tony last night, he looked like a frail, old man. Sheesh.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha! True. I don’t mind “zigging while the rest of the league zags” but this roster isn’t really even in the ballpark. It sorta worked last year because I guess Demar was motivated to show the Raptors what’s up and Aldridge kinda had a newfound motivation. It’s hard to completely blame Pop alone when you’ve got a roster with not too many options. Although, this would now be a perfect season to give that future core some burn. Might as well at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha! True. I don’t mind “zigging while the rest of the league zags” but this roster isn’t really even in the ballpark. It sorta worked last year because I guess Demar was motivated to show the Raptors what’s up and Aldridge kinda had a newfound motivation. It’s hard to completely blame Pop alone when you’ve got a roster with not too many options. Although, this would now be a perfect season to give that future core some burn. Might as well at this point.

interesting

Thread Information