Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of people here think Samanic is the Great White Hope (I don't). But imagine this team's defense if the Spurs had said "Matisse Thybulle" instead of Luka Samanic. I don't know if Thybulle's 3P% will ever live up to college, but so far he's shooting them almost as good as Beli. But that D - think about Thybulle getting 100% of Beli's minutes.
    They say the Spurs want to win now but every personnel move says otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The solution to take some of the heat off of Murray is to put White in as PG, and let Murray do his thing as a SG/SF with defense, backdoor cuts and rebounds. Forbes should be brought in situations where we need to bump the offense. This is just so obvious and why I think Pop has lot his frickin' mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Brandon Clarke hit 3’s at 40% (low volume, but still) makes me happy and sad at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe now all of those Tony and Manu haters will realize how good we truly had it after watching the current squad look like they are just making things up as they go along.
    Yeah the ceremony should go a long way at reminding us all how good we had it. 20 years is a long run and winning 5 of the NBA les in that period is off the chart. Even knowing 'we ain't what we used ta be' this team is really underachieving. I was pretty optimistic before these last two drubbings we've had.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone else against Murray now? I’m against him start Forbes at pg.
    murray need to go shoot 50,000 jumpers and 100,000 three pointers then come back and try again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Brandon Clarke hit 3’s at 40% (low volume, but still) makes me happy and sad at the same time.
    He has been really solid for Memphis... has looked at times like their best player. Doesn't mean much bc Ja Morant is a rook bound to be inconsistent, and Jaren has been troubled by foul issues (plus Valanciunas has had a foot injury managed that kept him out of preseason games, practices, and has been on minutes restrictions). I think they will get better as a team, but anyways, this is about Clarke. Yup he has been very good (and is in minutes restrictions too).

----------------------------------------

The Spurs have to get Murray playing better IMO. It's not a good thing that he can't get himself going while Demar and LMA are getting their shots, plus Forbes (only reason he's playing in the starting lineup is his offensive game)...

I think Murray can be better than he has been lately. It's on him and coach to figure out how to help him (or make some kind of adjustment, but it's probably premature at this point as it concerns Murray).

White needs to play more minutes, but that has already been said.

And I hadn't shared this b4, but I wish Forbes wasn't starting, even as good as he has been offensively, he gets exploited too much on defense (he tries, he just can't impact a game defensively). He's the kind of guy you'd like to have off the bench, like Mills. Mills has been very impactful offensively though and they really can't play Forbes/Mills together too much. I think the team needs a trade but it's not going to happen, not of Mills nor for Forbes.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-12-2019 at 05:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Grizzlies aren’t overly talented but their perimeter players are either speedy or burly, which is bad news for

so you're saying Spurs can't guard anybody in the NBA

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you're saying Spurs can't guard anybody in the NBA

Pretty much. Some of them anyway. And they're the targets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the defensive rating when two of Forbes/Patty/Beli play together? Gotta be terrible.

After summer league, where Lonnie dominated and looked like an intriguing player , along with the prospect of seeing Dejounte/DWhite play together, I was actually pretty excited about watching this team.

10 games in and the old man has probably killed Lonnie's Spurs career and we've seen a few minutes of DJ and White together (and that was probably due to a lineup oversight).

Bottom line: you Pop. Stick to ceremonies and retire already. The team doesn't give a about your schtick and what you have to say. Please just leave.
    What ever SaBoy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as you're sniffing down there, might as well give it a taste my man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how OP has dodged giving his reasoning for why Dejounte & Derrick have played less than 5mins together all season and why their MLE signing has barely touched the court 10 games in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how OP has dodged giving his reasoning for why Dejounte & Derrick have played less than 5mins together all season and why their MLE signing has barely touched the court 10 games in.
    As incomprehensible as it is, I understand the Dijon/Derrick deal better than I understand DeMarre's riding the bench. Second in incomprehensibility is Pop's not just playing Marco, but playing him in tandem with Patty. I guess the Dijon/Derrick thing is 3rd on my list.
    Last edited by sasaint; 11-12-2019 at 11:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ve been way too hard on Bryn this year. Have you given him a grade higher than a c yet? Arguably our third best player.

And you’ve been equally too easy on Marco all season. Dude is done. Shooting 26% and has a PER of 3.

What gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ve been way too hard on Bryn this year. Have you given him a grade higher than a c yet? Arguably our third best player.

And you’ve been equally too easy on Marco all season. Dude is done. Shooting 26% and has a PER of 3.

What gives?
    Bryn's grades have been fine. He has the ultimate greenlight but contributes literally nothing else besides his shooting/scoring (thought that's very valuable with this roster). Still not a fan of his and I stay up at night scared to death that the Spurs are gonna pick him over DWhite. 3rd best player on this roster isn't really saying much and he's really not even close to that (Murray and White are much better players) even if the old man thinks he is.

If Beli is able to get from the bench to the scorer's table without falling down, that's probably an automatic C at least. Expectations for his play are rightfully low.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defensive rating when two of Forbes/Patty/Beli play together
    San Antonio Spurs DEFRTG (NBA.com) by pairs

Lower is better. 1.00 is average.

94.6 Belinelli/Mills The Spurs best defensive pair with more than 100 minutes
    113.2 Forbes/Lyles The Spurs worst defensive pair with more than 100 minutes
    123.6 Belinelli/Forbes
    124.1 Forbes/Mills
    Last edited by Drom John; 11-13-2019 at 11:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

123.6 Belinelli/Forbes
    124.1 Forbes/Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

123.6 Belinelli/Forbes
    124.1 Forbes/Mills
    Significant that Forbes is a regular in all the worst defensive pairings. matches my eye test.

Belinelli is not significant tbh bc he always gets assigned to non offensive players/non threats. Occasionally he has to pick someone he shouldn't be defending but it's definitely not by design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Significant that Forbes is a regular in all the worst defensive pairings. matches my eye test.

Belinelli is not significant tbh bc he always gets assigned to non offensive players/non threats. Occasionally he has to pick someone he shouldn't be defending but it's definitely not by design.
    Forbes sucks ass on the defensive side of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes sucks ass on the defensive side of the ball.
    I don't think the Spurs will be a defensive team again so long as he's starting IMO. He would be great for 20 minutes off the bench... but that's only in my mind. Spurs don't have a player to start in his stead that can shoot the ball as well... (and they do need the shooting).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs will be a defensive team again so long as he's starting IMO. He would be great for 20 minutes off the bench... but that's only in my mind. Spurs don't have a player to start in his stead that can shoot the ball as well... (and they do need the shooting).
    I agree...and his shooting this year doesn't justify keeping him on the floor in spite of his defensive woes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in Vegas and did win money betting against the Spurs beating the spread. So there was a silver lining to this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree...and his shooting this year doesn't justify keeping him on the floor in spite of his defensive woes.
    Some would say Lonnie Walker was supposed to be that player (that ate minutes at the SG spot so Bryn doesn't have to), but we have seen how that all went.

I have no idea about Lonnie being able to do that. I am in the camp that feels like a scattered couple of minutes here and there aren't enough to say much about Lonnie. I wish there was some garbage time to observe him more (a few former Spurs youngins back a few years started to make their way to playing minutes that way, CoJo, Anderson, JSimms, even Murray and Forbes, though these two, due to Tony injuries and Nephew sitting out saw action in games way sooner). Anyways, I don't see Forbes getting demoted. Pop loves him way too much and they appear to be really satisfied with him (contrast that with DAvis Bertans getting demoted at times during his tenure, in spite of similar need for shooting, and specially minutes at the forward spot).

There is one other alternative that just occured to me, play Keldon as a SF and move derozan as a SG. What are the chances of that happening according to VEgas? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in Vegas and did win money betting against the Spurs beating the spread. So there was a silver lining to this game.
    My man, Choppa.

Thread Information