Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do u guys think about spurss plans for near future? Do PATFO have any plans? Will they still be doing everything to be in a PO to keep pops streak alive? Because imo thats their plan. They didnt make any good moves that would strenghen team this season or give a chance to have a better future. Still the same average old players and only one promising young guy who could become a solid player but nothing more. And if they wanna make him a star and want to build around him a team why the they did not bring a young propspects or tank past season to get better picks? Now we are in a ty position: no talents, no all star players, no valuable assets, no draft picks (except of ours), no big names next Free Agency etc.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    bleak if the rumor of spurs re signing derozan is true...........spurs wont be in san antonio long if we keep losing.........austin is looking mighty attractive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our future is quite possibly looking like Sacramento of the past decade

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb asses still pushing the tired spurs relocation narrative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not Utah? That's basically the team that they referenced in 1997 as the ideal. Sacramento is known for having a stupid owner who wanted that 4 on 5 stuff. They're getting better. Utah like San Antonio isn't a destination City for athletes so they have to compete with coaching and drafting, which amazingly are San Antonios current strengths.

Utah had a kawhi level embarrassment that led to Sloan retiring. They then bottomed out and rebuilt. LMA can be our Derrick favors and DeroZan the kirelinko.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Why not Utah? That's basically the team that they referenced in 1997 as the ideal. Sacramento is known for having a stupid owner who wanted that 4 on 5 stuff. They're getting better. Utah like San Antonio isn't a destination City for athletes so they have to compete with coaching and drafting, which amazingly are San Antonios current strengths.

Utah had a kawhi level embarrassment that led to Sloan retiring. They then bottomed out and rebuilt. LMA can be our Derrick favors and DeroZan the kirelinko.
    in case u havent noticed gm brian wright is e..........look at the ish that he has screwed up in his short time here.............
    Last edited by playblair; 11-12-2019 at 01:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nah....
    definitely Sacramento

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to know. I think short term is going to rocky
    I feel they've miscalculated a bit with regards to how much internal improvement there would be. From a pure statistical standpoint, the team is probably better than one would think considering the highest draft pick in 22 years was 18th

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wont be surprised

we have stupid patfo that ruin spurss future.
    i dont think that spurs are so great at drafting. Who did we get? only muray and maybe loonie but they are not gonna be a superstar or game changers. Example of great drafting could be toronto (siakam, og anunoby), miami (herro, nunn), lal (kuz, hart, ingram) and im not even saying about those who had a top picks.
    Coaching is great but now they dont have any perspective players that they can develop.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel they've miscalculated a bit with regards to how much internal improvement there would be. From a pure statistical standpoint, the team is probably better than one would think considering the highest draft pick in 22 years was 18th
    yea but thats all thanks to coaching. Imagine where we could be now if we tank 2-3 seasons and get f.e doncic and markannen instead of loonie and white.

murray/doncic/ddr/markannen/aldridge wasnt this lineup worth sacrifing 2-3 yrs not being in PO which ended 1st or 2nd round exit?
    Last edited by spurspl; 11-12-2019 at 03:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see DeRozan out the door this summer. Based on Lowry's actions, a HUGE one year contract, it almost looks like they want to team up somewhere, and it won't be here. I see LMA out the door, NLT 2021. Once those events happen, SA can get back to playing TBG type bball.

I'm massively encouraged by Austin. Keldon looks like a keeper, as does Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's still improvement to be had once our two young guards are off of their minutes restrictions.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably the Austin Spurs in ten years since I don't see San Antonio building them a new arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be dope tbh

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see DeRozan out the door this summer. Based on Lowry's actions, a HUGE one year contract, it almost looks like they want to team up somewhere, and it won't be here. I see LMA out the door, NLT 2021. Once those events happen, SA can get back to playing TBG type bball.

I'm massively encouraged by Austin. Keldon looks like a keeper, as does Samanic.
    i hope ur right with ddr and lma and hope that we can get some value trading them.
    i agree that our future heavily depends on our young players development. I would add that it would be great to tank and at least try to get top picks and draft forward (like wiseman) or trade this pick for another forward. We need big man and someone this team can rely on long term, someone that with murray can be a core and build around them with like u said samanic, keldon, loonie + some veterans that could teach them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are twelfth in attendance this season, and I think we were about the same last season too that’s pretty good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a Redskins fan I know all about a franchise being one of the most proud in the 80’s winning Super Bowls to becoming the joke of the NFL for about two decades now . It starts at the top and as cheap the Holts have been in the past they are pretty damn good owners and know how to run a franchise unlike Dan Snyder with the Redskins. Keeping the right people and not bringing in people that have consistently failed at high level positions.The Kings continued to fail because the Maloof brothers were horrible owners. Yeah a generational talent like Lebron James may come around to save a horrible franchise to win one championship because they were lucky in 2016. Point is Spurs will be fine as and remain in San Antonio as long as the Holt’s don’t sell unless Austin and San Antonio are the next DFW, and Austin promises to build them a stadium in like 30 years with some type of transportation to get you to both places within minutes. They would probably remain the San Antonio Spurs because of the brand. They would lose a huge amount of the fan base if they rebranded to the Austin Spurs. We already kind of saw it when all the uneducated idiots on Facebook flipped out when the Austin Toros changed the name to the Austin Spurs. I get it right now we suck but a bad roster is much more easy to fix than a bad culture.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Probably the Austin Spurs in ten years since I don't see San Antonio building them a new arena.
    austin is definitely the answer to every spurs problem.........with the move spurs go from last tier in free agent destinations to top tier...........big name free agents will flock to austin it will compete with la/ny/miami
    Last edited by playblair; 11-12-2019 at 04:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs did fck up where they built the AT&T Center lol that side of SA sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like they asked themselves where the tiest part of SA was then decided to put it there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like they asked themselves where the tiest part of SA was then decided to put it there.
    It's like there were two choices, downtown with a local sales tax, or East side with a hotel/rent car tax. The former was never going to fly. People never vote to tax themselves. Visitors were always going to pay for the arena. If they HAD tried the first option, they'd already be in Seattle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The original plan was downtown next to the Alamodome, but the city of San Antonio was trying to bundle the vote for a new arena in with an expensive expansion to the convention center and the Spurs were scared that would make the vote fail after how badly the arena vote a year before went down in flames. Since the county owned the land at Freeman Colosseum, they swooped in to have a stadium built there on county taxes from hotels and rental cars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like there were two choices, downtown with a local sales tax, or East side with a hotel/rent car tax. The former was never going to fly. People never vote to tax themselves. Visitors were always going to pay for the arena. If they HAD tried the first option, they'd already be in Seattle.
    I think it would have passed if the convention center expansion wasn't included with it, with how crazy the city was over getting their first le. Now without the 99 le they would have been in New Orleans with either the city or county proposal.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A refreshing take. In short supply around here.

Thread Information