Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea but thats all thanks to coaching. Imagine where we could be now if we tank 2-3 seasons and get f.e doncic and markannen instead of loonie and white.

murray/doncic/ddr/markannen/aldridge wasnt this lineup worth sacrifing 2-3 yrs not being in PO which ended 1st or 2nd round exit?
    You assume that the Spurs would have got the first draft pick. Many teams tank, end up with high picks and don’t go anywhere

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You assume that the Spurs would have got the first draft pick. Many teams tank, end up with high picks and don’t go anywhere
    bc these teams cant draft or cant develop those players. Ofc u can always pick a bust but i think that spurs management are smart enough to reduce that risk. We had two top 1picks and both were a great choices(david and timmy).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a Redskins fan I know all about a franchise being one of the most proud in the 80’s winning Super Bowls to becoming the joke of the NFL for about two decades now . It starts at the top and as cheap the Holts have been in the past they are pretty damn good owners and know how to run a franchise unlike Dan Snyder with the Redskins.
    I don't think it's fair to call the Holts cheap in the past. They paid Parker when Pop asked. They went out and paid Richard Jefferson when it looked like he was the missing piece to get them back in the le hunt. They OK'ed maxing Leonard out back when the jury was out on him. The only time I can remember them not wanting to pay a guy was Scola. I can't clown them for one mistake given how great the family has been otherwise. As a Spurs fan I'm pretty grateful for the Holts just like I was for Angelo Drossos back when he was willing to pay to add guys like Artis Gilmore and Mike Mitc to improve the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I used to joke about the Spurs relocating but it's not happening any time soon. There's now enough money in town to keep them around. The only thing that could change that is if the NFL goes to San Antonio and the Spurs are forced to have to share the corporate dollars.

As for the team, as long as RC and/or Pop are actively calling shots in the draft, they should be good for a long while. RC is 59 so hopefully he has another 15+ years in him of going hard scouting-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's fair to call the Holts cheap in the past. They paid Parker when Pop asked. They went out and paid Richard Jefferson when it looked like he was the missing piece to get them back in the le hunt. They OK'ed maxing Leonard out back when the jury was out on him. The only time I can remember them not wanting to pay a guy was Scola. I can't clown them for one mistake given how great the family has been otherwise. As a Spurs fan I'm pretty grateful for the Holts just like I was for Angelo Drossos back when he was willing to pay to add guys like Artis Gilmore and Mike Mitc to improve the team.
    Well said, tbh. The Holts giving Pop and RC space to do what they want and never even questioning their job status is one of the most important aspects of the dynasty. Most owners would have found a way to ruin it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I used to joke about the Spurs relocating but it's not happening any time soon. There's now enough money in town to keep them around. The only thing that could change that is if the NFL goes to San Antonio and the Spurs are forced to have to share the corporate dollars.

As for the team, as long as RC and/or Pop are actively calling shots in the draft, they should be good for a long while. RC is 59 so hopefully he has another 15+ years in him of going hard scouting-wise.
    You think the city is going to build them a new arena when the AT&T Center lease is up? If it goes to a vote I don't see it, not when the Spurs aren't a le team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the city is going to build them a new arena when the AT&T Center lease is up? If it goes to a vote I don't see it, not when the Spurs aren't a le team.
    If it means the Spurs will leave town? Yes, I think they will.

I don't think it will go over in a landslide but those things never do. But ultimately, I think the SA ties with the Spurs will win out

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relocation is such a tired argument. The ATT Center just got renovated s couple years ago. In return, the Spurs extended their lease until like 2033.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers East (only they're in the East and have better young talent). Old school organization in every conceivably way, refuses to tank, can't attract Americans superstars/stars, with the possible exception of those who are from the city/state.

The biggest question facing this franchise is, do they team have an offensive focal point going forward? Currently, based on advanced stats, even the Hornets, with their no stars/underwhelming prospects, have Graham posting metrics that indicate as much. I doubt it lasts, but still.

If it's anyone, it probably has to be Walker. I can't imagine Murray or White being go-to scorer types, especially the latter. Just doesn't have the mentality. The former has it, but probably not the skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "basketball doesn't matter, what matters is that we change these peoples lives and we lose with class and go home"

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    White
    Walker
    Johnson
    Samanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A refreshing take. In short supply around here.
    That doesn’t seem too refreshing as long as the same decision-maker is in place to continue deals like Pau’s and 50 Mills’, continue the masterful roster construction and perform in-game shenanigans like his lineups and rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm massively encouraged by Austin. Keldon looks like a keeper, as does Samanic.
    How have they looked? I've only saw one boxscore from one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it looks a lot like Seattle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point is Spurs will be fine as and remain in San Antonio as long as the Holt’s don’t sell unless Austin and San Antonio are the next DFW, and Austin promises to build them a stadium in like 30 years with some type of transportation to get you to both places within minutes. They would probably remain the San Antonio Spurs because of the brand. They would lose a huge amount of the fan base if they rebranded to the Austin Spurs.
    100% in line with this sentiment. I’ve never lived a day in my life in San Antonio or south Texas but If they ever moved the team I would drop them like a bad habit. I don’t even care if it was Austin which is what an hour away. In my mind that city is its own culture and space, and would no longer represent what we’ve seen the last 30 years of Robinson to Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    White
    Walker
    Johnson
    Samanic
    Murray
    White
    Johnson
    Samanic
    Poeltl

Walker
    Forbes
    Weatherspoon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. They get a good building block piece for one of DDR or LMA. The other one just leaves.

2. They consolidate a few young assets, like White, Forbes, Lonnie to upgrade for another building block piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hope the 'immediate' future (as defined by the trade deadline) would look something like upgrading forbes in the SL for someone like Bogdanovic in Sacramento (he's told sac that he won't resign so we might can pull him) and moving LMA for Turner from Indy. I feel like both of these guys are available.

The truth is the future is probably the status quo though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozen and Aldridge need to go, but if you’re going to keep one, keep Aldridge. You can build young guys around him because he needs other players to get him the ball, and he can play within the flow of the game while given them room to operate.

Derozen is a one man show in his own head. He stunts everything around him with his style and Kobe mentality. The young guys cannot spread their wings, and the team cannot build any chemistry as long as he is on the roster. He also is a bonehead who will lose you 15 games in crunch time for every 1 he wins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozen and Aldridge need to go, but if you’re going to keep one, keep Aldridge. You can build young guys around him because he needs other players to get him the ball, and he can play within the flow of the game while given them room to operate.

Derozen is a one man show in his own head. He stunts everything around him with his style and Kobe mentality. The young guys cannot spread their wings, and the team cannot build any chemistry as long as he is on the roster. He also is a bonehead who will lose you 15 games in crunch time for every 1 he wins.
    For me it just depends on what you're getting back. If you move LMA and get a guy like turner who is 38% or so from 3 you space things better where DDR is more effective and if he opts out next summer you have space there too.

If we move DDR we need to get an upgrade at the 3 & 4 with each player being a threat from 3 so LMA can be more effective down low. (Maybe gordon and Fournier or Barnes and Bogdanovic)... although I hate Barnes's contract I'm just using that as an example..

The main thing is we need to move one of them if we want to improve this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me it just depends on what you're getting back. If you move LMA and get a guy like turner who is 38% or so from 3 you space things better where DDR is more effective and if he opts out next summer you have space there too.

If we move DDR we need to get an upgrade at the 3 & 4 with each player being a threat from 3 so LMA can be more effective down low. (Maybe gordon and Fournier or Barnes and Bogdanovic)... although I hate Barnes's contract I'm just using that as an example..

The main thing is we need to move one of them if we want to improve this season.
    For the other teams, none of them are close to the value that the most optimistic believe, their value (by the difficult fit) is low at this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the other teams, none of them are close to the value that the most optimistic believe, their value (by the difficult fit) is low at this time.
    Honestly, that's an unknown to us at this point. We perceive their value as low because the spurs don't look good. Other teams may have a different opinion. For instance, there are reports that several teams have expressed interest in DDR (Orlando specifically being one). We also know that Kevin Pritchard in Indy has been high on LMA in the past and there have been articles that they want to move Turner because they don't want him and sabonis together long term. My point is that there probably are options to move either/or of our 'stars' and there probably are teams that value them more than we as fans value them.

Thread Information