Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11-14 on Dec 5th after getting worked by LeBron and a bunch of scrubs.
    Went on a 13-3 run.

33-29 Mon Feb 25th after going 1-7
    42-29 after rattling off 9 in a row culminating with beating got State with their 4 main 's at full strength.

Should this seasons Pop Spurs at 5-5 be counted out already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team had the excuse of injuries and acclimating a bunch of new guys. Wtf excuse does this team have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team had the excuse of injuries and acclimating a bunch of new guys. Wtf excuse does this team have?
    minute restrictions and playing the wrong players at the wrong time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minute restrictions and playing the wrong players at the wrong time.
    Even if you fix the rotations, this team will struggle to make the playoffs. The Spurs are just not very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you fix the rotations, this team will struggle to make the playoffs. The Spurs are just not very good.
    Nah, the only reason they struggled last season was bc White was in and out of the line-up due to injuries. If he's healthy all year, logging 30 MPG + you add Murray, Lonnie, and Carroll into the equation...theres no reason why this team wouldn't be a Top 4-5 seed.

Poop prefers a heavy dose of Beli, Wombat, and Forbes though because spacing and culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, the only reason they struggled last season was bc White was in and out of the line-up due to injuries. If he's healthy all year, logging 30 MPG + you add Murray, Lonnie, and Carroll into the equation...theres no reason why this team wouldn't be a Top 4-5 seed.

Poop prefers a heavy dose of Beli, Wombat, and Forbes though because spacing and culture.
    It will change soon, there won't be a choice because of how bad the D is. Murray & White will start & possibly Gay also for spacing instead of Lyles. I've said a few times the lanes will be wide open if LMA is used as a stretch 5 & camps outside the 3 point line. There's enough shot creators at the 1/2/3 that he needs to accept this role, for the team's sake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they can definitely be better than they have been with some CIA Pop adjustments (those are pretty obvious, not much of a CIA move... relax, it's a joke).

Anyways, I think they need to flail about a bit longer to call the next win a turnaround.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main issue is still the rotations. Guys just aren't being put in a position to succeed and giving heavy minutes to Forbes/Fatty/Beli just puts the team at a large disadvantage especially when you already have to cater to LMA/Derozan.

Adding Murray and Lonnie to last year's time (-Bert) should have netted you a pretty easy playoff team since the West isn't that good this year. Obviously guys need to play better across the board. But the main issue is rotations and the schemes.

It's actually quite impressive how one man managed to really lower the ceiling of this roster (which was already a 2nd round exit).

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The injury marred Spurs of last year are better than this year’s

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you about the first streak. He FINALLY moved Dante Cunningham out of the starting lineup, plus the Spurs got a heavy dose of sub-.500 teams.

The thing is, Dante Cunningham never should have been in the SL. You're calling that "CIA Pop", so you think that he intentionally ed up the lineup for the first 25 games of the season, to lull opponents into a false sense of security? WOW... he really is a tricky sonofa .

So, yeah, if CIA Pop decides to quit ing up the lineups this year, AND the Spurs get a stretch with a lot of sub-.500 teams, they may indeed get back above .500.

I, for one, can hardly wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year Pop started Dante in Cunningham while Bryn Forbes played PG cause both White and Murray were hurt. This year they both healthy and we got Carroll and Lyles. There is no reason for this team to suck as much as last years team. This group played a full season together, 8 out of 10 rotation players were here last year as well. This whole continuity thing was supposedly gonna help Pop and the team, but I don't see any of it. Also factor in schedule, we are 5-5 with 8 of those games being home games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    42-29 after rattling off 9 in a row culminating with beating got State with their 4 main 's at full strength.
    Wait did this happen? I really thought at least one of their funboys were out for every matchup last year. If so that's a pretty damn good high mark for last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and BTW... the EXACT same starting lineup that finished the last season by playing strong in the first round against Denver was available to start this season. ing "CIA Pop" chose to move two guys who earned starter roles out of that SL, rather than trying to see if they could build on what they had built.

You can try to argue that White and Poeltl haven't been playing well. But I would just tell you that when guys earn starter roles and get ed over, it probably has a negative impact.

Maybe that explains why so many people hate the damn CIA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last year Pop started Dante in Cunningham while Bryn Forbes played PG cause both White and Murray were hurt. This year they both healthy and we got Carroll and Lyles. There is no reason for this team to suck as much as last years team. This group played a full season together, 8 out of 10 rotation players were here last year as well. This whole continuity thing was supposedly gonna help Pop and the team, but I don't see any of it. Also factor in schedule, we are 5-5 with 8 of those games being home games

Yeah, White was hurt. But Dante ing Cunningham in the SL? That had disaster written all over it from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Originally Posted by Mul roll

Wait did this happen? I really thought at least one of their funboys were out for every matchup last year. If so that's a pretty damn good high mark for last year.
    Oh no.
    tastic Four all played 36-38 minutes that game vs Spurs.

Yes there were some high points last year.
    Culminating with having Denver on the ropes before getting Popped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, and BTW... the EXACT same starting lineup that finished the last season by playing strong in the first round against Denver was available to start this season. ing "CIA Pop" chose to move two guys who earned starter roles out of that SL, rather than trying to see if they could build on what they had built.

You can try to argue that White and Poeltl haven't been playing well. But I would just tell you that when guys earn starter roles and get ed over, it probably has a negative impact.

Maybe that explains why so many people hate the damn CIA.
    Great points. I thoroughly expected Derrick to be in the starting lineup. That would have facilitated Murray’s minutes restriction and re-integration into the rotation with a minimum of disruption. Plus, as you note, it is really a case of Pop’s pulling the rug out from under Derrick, with attendant consequences for both White and the team.

I have always regarded Derrick as the clearly more capable PG. I believe Pop is so determined to shoehorn Dijon, the less natural PG, into the position because he 1) values Dijon’s moxy (incipient leadership) in the leadership vacuum he created; 2) he favors Murray because of his “rough” beginnings, and 3) he sees some of TP in Murray’s speed and quickness and stubbornly aspires to replicate his successful tutelage of Tony, ignoring the fact that contrary to the beginning of Tony’s career, he has a better PG candidate on hand.

I really like the flashes of leadership Murray has shown, but I believe he would be a lesser PG than White if both were coached up at the position with equal conviction. Plus, I think that Murray would be a seriously impactful injection of energy as a 6th man. Pop coached up Tony into a floor leader; why not Derrick? I think leadership should be an easier trait to coach up in Derrick than the multiplicity of vision/instincts/skills that he needs to coach up in Dijon. But Pop has chosen his path, and I believe the Spurs will end up with two players who were developed along the wrong paths and will probably not reach their highest potential. I needn’t explain telos to almighty Zeus. It is Derrick’s telos to become an excellent PG; it is Dijon’s telos to develop a 3-ball and use his outstanding athleticism to become an excellent, slashing 3-and-D SG. Pop is thwarting that. He is opposing nature in his self-deified stubbornness.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will change soon, there won't be a choice because of how bad the D is. Murray & White will start & possibly Gay also for spacing instead of Lyles. I've said a few times the lanes will be wide open if LMA is used as a stretch 5 & camps outside the 3 point line. There's enough shot creators at the 1/2/3 that he needs to accept this role, for the team's sake.
    This will NEVER happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what is wrong. Pop has screwed the confidence of the team and in doing so is losing the attention of the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the flashes of leadership Murray has shown, but I believe he would be a lesser PG than White if both were coached up at the position with equal conviction. Plus, I think that Murray would be a seriously impactful injection of energy as a 6th man. Pop coached up Tony into a floor leader; why not Derrick? I think leadership should be an easier trait to coach up in Derrick than the multiplicity of vision/instincts/skills that he needs to coach up in Dijon. But Pop has chosen his path, and I believe the Spurs will end up with two players who were developed along the wrong paths and will probably not reach their highest potential. I needn’t explain telos to almighty Zeus. It is Derrick’s telos to become an excellent PG; it is Dijon’s telos to develop a 3-ball and use his outstanding athleticism to become an excellent, slashing 3-and-D SG. Pop is thwarting that. He is opposing nature in his self-deified stubbornness.
    rack it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, I think they need to flail about a bit longer to call the next win a turnaround.
    5-9 with a failure to inbound the ball 5 second violation with the game on the line.

Would this now qualify at turnaround?

SNIFF?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-9 with a failure to inbound the ball 5 second violation with the game on the line.

Would this now qualify at turnaround?

SNIFF?!
    A winning streak all of a sudden, let’s say 4 games (it probably would require lineup and minutes adjustments at this point) probably would qualify. I don’t know that they have a savior in their midst this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know that they have a savior in their midst this year.
    It's pretty much the exact same roster. I for one do not blame Pop per say for Morris' cowardice.
    Bryn continuing to be marched out with the starting 5 combining with Patty to lock down the other teams guards. Would be interesting stat to see what other teams guards do when the clamps are put on by Poppin Patty n Bryn.

7-14 as Detroit just ended the 3rd quarter up 96-71. I'm gonna go ahead and count it as an L.
    This season would now indeed qualify as the biggest turnaround in the post Duncan / Kawhi Eras.
    Maybe Walker will get some minutes now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team aint it chief

Thread Information