Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting read. He really took a lot of time to write about the Spurs despite the Spurs looking so awful so far this year. But then again, compared to some of the Rockets' games, Spurs are much more entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan can become a free agent in 2020 by declining his $27.7 million player option; he was far apart from the team on extension talks before the season, according to The Athletic’s Sam Amick. The Spurs could always deal him sooner rather than let him walk for nothing. Multiple league sources say the Magic are scouring the trade market for scoring help and have already expressed interest in trading for DeRozan.

To Orlando, please.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan can become a free agent in 2020 by declining his $27.7 million player option; he was far apart from the team on extension talks before the season, according to The Athletic’s Sam Amick. The Spurs could always deal him sooner rather than let him walk for nothing. Multiple league sources say the Magic are scouring the trade market for scoring help and have already expressed interest in trading for DeRozan.

To Orlando, please.

PLEASE DO IT ORLANDO. PLEASE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please god trade him to Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just pray he balls out against orlando on friday as a showcase game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked trading deRozan and the Murray golden mushroom reference...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rest of the article is just copy n paste from SpursTalk.

"Multiple league sources say the Magic are scouring the trade market for scoring help and have already expressed interest in trading for DeRozan."

Do it!

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe I’m saying it, but do it Orlando. Salary brains, what could the Spurs score for him? Anything of value or would it just be a dump off?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully someone will leak Orlando’s whiteboard again so we can see what they are planning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fournier + aminu

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting. There's good and bad in there:

"Of players to attempt at least 1,000 shots since last season, only Ben Simmons, Montrezl Harrell, and Andre Drummond have attempted fewer 3s than DeRozan and Aldridge."

That's telling. The two "stars" of the team, and only three (qualified) players have taken fewer 3's. And those three are all but worthless outside of about 6 feet. Having one of those guys as a mainstay on the team is bad enough. Having two in your starting lineup is a problem.

"San Antonio goes fast after misses and turnovers but slow after makes."

Pushing the ball after made shots all the time is D'Antoni Ball. Don't make the mistake of wishing for D'Antoni Ball. It hasn't worked for D'Antoni (except in the regular season), and he had teams built specifically for that purpose.

And here's the problem with the whole thing:

“We think defenses break down as the ball changes sides with X amount of passes. We hope that defenses let up and you find a great shot, rather than an early shot.”

Tim and Tony could bend a defense. Tim with his size, strength, and court vision. Tony with his acceleration. (And Manu, but the bench is a different discussion.) Defenders cheated off their man to try and help with those two. When the ball changed sides back then, it eventually found someone whose defender wasn't home. Aldridge and DeRozan don't command that kind of attention. Then throw in the fact that the other guys are lazy about moving without the ball. It's easy to clog passing lanes when you know that Aldridge and DeRozan are going to pass, and the other guys are stationary targets. It's just not that hard to figure out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read. Another interesting tidbit:

They ranked seventh in offense last season and are seventh this season. And even though DeRozan and Aldridge live in the dreaded midrange, their passes frequently result in analytics-happy 3s or layups. And the rest of the team shoots a lot of 3s. Since last season, 35.9 percent of San Antonio’s shot attempts have come from 3-point range when neither of Aldridge or DeRozan are in the game, which would rank as the 10th-most frequent rate in the NBA. “We got a good mixture. Our second group has a lot of ball movement, and movement, period,” Forbes told me after a Spurs practice in Los Angeles. “Then we have two premier scorers and we let them do isolations. We have a lot of different sides to us.”
    Basically, the Spurs anemic three-point rate stems from the fact that the players with the highest usage (Aldridge and DeRozan) live in the post or the mid-range.

Even for as iso-heavy as Kawhi was, he still put up 4 or 5 3PA a game in his last two seasons with the Spurs.

Get rid of DeRozan and replace him with another shooter (or just give more minutes to White, Walker, and Forbes and let them fire away), and the Spurs would be middle of the pack as far as shooting goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe I’m saying it, but do it Orlando. Salary brains, what could the Spurs score for him? Anything of value or would it just be a dump off?
    Markelle Fultz + Evan Fournier. WooHoo!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have Gordon. Fultz still a mystery and not really showing to be an outside threat with the zero insight I have into his game ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be hilarious if we ended up with Fultz after Philly refused to put him in any trade package for Kawhi

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fournier + Fultz or Gordon + Fultz are the only deals that look like they could happen. Then you beg Chip to work another miracle on a broken jumper like he did with Leonard.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It would surprise none of the front-office executives I’ve spoken with if the Spurs did move DeRozan."

YESSS

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yay more back court guys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that Aaron Gordon not getting a team USA invite was telling. I can’t see the Spurs trading for him.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "With DeRozan and Aldridge leading the squad, they may not win quite as many games as they once did, but they’re anything but boring. The Spurs are a symbol of what the game once was and a contrast to what it’s becoming."

Disagree, the offense is very ugly but maybe when young guns get more minutes they'll be more fun.

I'll take watching 2007 Spurs over this bunch any day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fournier + Fultz or Gordon + Fultz are the only deals that look like they could happen. Then you beg Chip to work another miracle on a broken jumper like he did with Leonard.
    Or like he has with DeRozan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, a team with 7/8 guards on the roster should trade for another guard (who might not be better than Murray or White).......

Any combination of Ross, Fournier (can play some SF), Gordon (yes, please), Frazier or Aminu could work.

Preferably Gordon and whomever else (giving up DeRozan, Belinelli and a future lottery - protected pick in return).....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Gordon shoot? I feel like we would still have major spacing problems if we traded for him. Fournier can atleast shoot the ball and would provide spacing for LMA to go to work down low. Plus we could have White as the 3 and close with LMA, Gay, White, Fournier, and DJ. I like that group tbh.

I don't want Fultz at all. He's a useless player. But I would like Aminu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to Orlando in a month, I'd absolutely love to stop by and cheer DeRozan ing up in a Magic jersey

Thread Information