Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is based on the premise that Murray will rise up and be an all star right? Not seeing anything from him so far..
    To be fair, he had some big statistic games. But he fell off. There is no team synergy and yes the PG is to blame, but also the coaching staff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take a bag of chips if that's their offer lol
    And that is going to accomplish what? So we have LA As the primary option when he’s clearly past his prime. So we get nothing back at all and hope that Murray stands up and becomes an elite player. He hasn’t shown me anything so far this season. I think a lot of people are still emotionally tied to the KL trade. Of course he is not Leonard. But he is still pretty good. If Murray can’t stand out this season at all with this current roster. Then he’s never going to be elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I would LOVE for this to happen... We all know it won't... How many seasons will we fall for this? Pop never makes moves during the season... Year after year we get our hopes up just to be the same team we came into camp with... Mentally prepare urself for DDR and LMA to play like complete trash at the end of the season like they do every year... Except they are older and slower now
    It's been 20+ years since we've missed the playoffs. You don't make a big trade like this if you're a playoff team. The odds of us making a trade like this are higher if we're on our way out of the playoff scene, since well we haven't really faced that in the Pop era. DDR and LMA aren't terrible players, their fit together on offense is definitely awkward. The league seems to be going more and more all out towards fast paced offense and three point shooting and our team just isn't built to handle that in any facet of the game. I can see someone like DDR helping Orlando make the playoffs this year, they have plenty of shooters.

Augustin / Ross or Fournier (if 1 is part of trade) / DeRozan / Isaac (assuming Gordon is part of trade) / Vucevic

There you have, 4 guys who can spread the floor and one guy who's almost 7 feet tall and has the upside of a super elite perimeter defender. I would think there is a trade that would work out in both team's favor. DeRozan showed he's at best when he's the main ball handler and distributing (which I would think he'd be more efficient with 4 shooters around him.) Spurs have the playmakers (Murray/White and future hope in Keldon Johnson/Lonnie Walker) and need the defense and shooting. I think playing SF helped Aaron Gordon become a better defender bc he's definitely out of position there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love for Okeke to be included despite the injury, I’m very high on him and he’s definitely Spurs material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is going to accomplish what? So we have LA As the primary option when he’s clearly past his prime. So we get nothing back at all and hope that Murray stands up and becomes an elite player. He hasn’t shown me anything so far this season. I think a lot of people are still emotionally tied to the KL trade. Of course he is not Leonard. But he is still pretty good. If Murray can’t stand out this season at all with this current roster. Then he’s never going to be elite.
    Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Demar leaving would be addition by subtraction in the sense that it opens up the offense for more players like Dejaunte. Murray seems to be bent on making sure Demar and Aldridge get theirs. Which is admirable. But at some point he's gotta take his shots especially when he's got a lane. I've seen him pass up a lot of potential baskets because his mindset is to get his teammates involved. So if Derozan leaves, he might be more compelled to shoot.

His ball handling skills still need work but I have just have to hope that he gets better. Once he's able to take care of the ball better, he can go from being a good player to a great player.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando does not have equal value forDeRozan, he might not be a fit in San Antonio but he is loyal and is a "star" player. Orlando only has potential, but alot of guys in the NBA have potential and they go nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27.7 mil contract for DDR, Vucecic 28 mil, Gordon 19.8, Fournier 17, Ross 12.5, Fultz 9.7, Aminu 9.3, Isaac 5.8 (won't be traded), Bamba 5.7.

Okeke is not under contract and will not sign his rookie contract until next year. Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year, but can hit the three. They want to move on from Gordon to give more time to Isaac, so he is most likely the bait. I don't think they want to trade Fournier cause the kind of defeats the purpose. Al-Farouq Aminu might be the throw in. Both would really beef up the interior defense, but might spell the end to the Lyles experiment, at least for a while. It is possible to trade straight up for Vucecic and allow LMA to play PF where he wants to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want Aminu? He's ing horrible, shooting 30% from the field, OVERALL, scoring 4 points and grabbing 4 boards. He's had three complete seasons where he's shot LESS THAN 40% from the field, and he's 29 years old. He is what he is, and his development curve is done. Old and overpaid is no way to go through life, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27.7 mil contract for DDR, Vucecic 28 mil, Gordon 19.8, Fournier 17, Ross 12.5, Fultz 9.7, Aminu 9.3, Isaac 5.8 (won't be traded), Bamba 5.7.

Okeke is not under contract and will not sign his rookie contract until next year. Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year, but can hit the three. They want to move on from Gordon to give more time to Isaac, so he is most likely the bait. I don't think they want to trade Fournier cause the kind of defeats the purpose. Al-Farouq Aminu might be the throw in. Both would really beef up the interior defense, but might spell the end to the Lyles experiment, at least for a while. It is possible to trade straight up for Vucecic and allow LMA to play PF where he wants to be.
    Vuce, Isaac and probably Fournier wouldn't be available in a trade for Demar imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vuce, Isaac and probably Fournier wouldn't be available in a trade for Demar imo
    Why would Fournier be off limits?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Fournier be off limits?
    Magic needs your 3pt shooting, especially with Demar on the team

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bc they are dumb and built a roster of 35 Pfs and C and no guards, so much so that they play gordon at SF and start DJ Augustine
    spurs aint better, tons of guards no centers and pfs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want Aminu? He's ing horrible, shooting 30% from the field, OVERALL, scoring 4 points and grabbing 4 boards. He's had three complete seasons where he's shot LESS THAN 40% from the field, and he's 29 years old. He is what he is, and his development curve is done. Old and overpaid is no way to go through life, son.
    No, but it is the Spurs’ way to go through life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like the perfect trade partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Demar leaving would be addition by subtraction in the sense that it opens up the offense for more players like Dejaunte. Murray seems to be bent on making sure Demar and Aldridge get theirs. Which is admirable. But at some point he's gotta take his shots especially when he's got a lane. I've seen him pass up a lot of potential baskets because his mindset is to get his teammates involved. So if Derozan leaves, he might be more compelled to shoot.

His ball handling skills still need work but I have just have to hope that he gets better. Once he's able to take care of the ball better, he can go from being a good player to a great player.
    Sounds like a giant leap of faith to me. I’m not sure addition by subtraction is going to work on this team when we don’t have a large influx of talent. From a talent standpoint we are one of the worst teams in the entire conference.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wat about goin all in and trade ddr for bamba, fournier and a pick and lma, loonie, metu and pick to atlanta for collins, crabbe, reddish?? $$ works. We can go into full rebuilding mode, have a lot of young prospects, let them play the rest of the season and see how they develop.
    murray/crabbe/reddish/collins/bamba
    white/forbes/fournier/samanic/poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a giant leap of faith to me. I’m not sure addition by subtraction is going to work on this team when we don’t have a large influx of talent. From a talent standpoint we are one of the worst teams in the entire conference.
    I don't expect them to improve by trading derozan. Maybe some fans here are really expecting that. It also depends who they get back, but personally I am of the opinion that it only gets worse b4 it gets better and this is not the worst that it can be.

I am remaining realistic on what a rebuild looks like. Already there are fans yapping about Murray going back to his instagram balling fame, White not having a star mentality or upside and Lonnie having long hair and a small brain or whatever the trolling is about him these days. Fans are already pretty critical and these guys don't have the burden to carry this team yet and Lonnie isn't even playing! It can get ugly.

It's going to be painful to watch youngins struggle. Some picks may not pan out in fact. Some may be good roleplayers but not enough to pull the Spurs out of the depth. Inevitably, without meaning to, the team loses a lot of games. My hope is to hopefully land players that in a near future will give us a lot to look forward to and to find out what they really have with all their youth, with a green light.

It will only get worse before it gets better. That is usually how it goes.

Maybe they can forestall that process a little bit longer with some trades, but I think the rebuild process is going to be inevitable. It should have happened when Kawhi wanted to leave and he tanked his trade value with shenanigans. If they couldn't get a better trade package (meaning a better player), they might as well have gone for an upside deal and get some picks. Kick start a rebuild process that was due to happen when Tim retired had Kawhi not been here.

WE all feared how the Spurs would look when Timmy retired and this is how it looks like. They need to go back to the talent pool in the draft and rebuild. It's kind of irresponsible to not get anything you can to help that process and have DD and LMA leading a tankathon. It's why Grizzlies eventually were forced to trade Conley and Gasol, and now have at least some players to look forward to developing in present and future. There are no guarantees in this process. But there is a guarantee that standing pat isn't going to help them long term, IMO. Either make a win now move, or rebuild.

If they do swing a trade to improve this season I will support them (sniff, sniff), but I still see so many flaws in the roster that I think just trading demar isn't going to fix things IMO (and that is where I don't sniff anymore lol). Maybe I am in an pessimistic mood, but I am not expecting this process to be easy no matter what happens. I just feel better about having something to look forward to, than not having it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love for Okeke to be included despite the injury, I’m very high on him and he’s definitely Spurs material.

👍 YES!

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

No way in they're including him in any trade. They haven't even officially signed him to a contract yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s why we would be good trade partners. We needs forwards and they need guards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://forum.truebluenation.com/inde...thread/&page=8

Assuming this would not wait for mid-December, Derozan for Fournier+DJ seems to work but I don't see any major benefit for both teams...

Now, Gordon+Fournier for Derozan+Walker+K.Johnson+White(or a pick) would also work and would look more reasonable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://forum.truebluenation.com/inde...thread/&page=8

Assuming this would not wait for mid-December, Derozan for Fournier+DJ seems to work but I don't see any major benefit for both teams...

Now, Gordon+Fournier for Derozan+Walker+K.Johnson+White(or a pick) would also work and would look more reasonable.

That bolded trade idea is ridiculous ... "more reasonable"

worse than some of our proposals!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DDR quietly asking for a trade? Agent pushing for him to get traded?

Thread Information