Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's another article down the page that's probably more to the point. The question nobody seems to be asking is: "If DeRozan was the wrong move for the Spurs, why would it be the right move for Orlando?"

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...32192380004833

Second-guessing the San Antonio Spurs seldom seems advisable, but they've given us no other choice.
    How did they not start over when Kawhi Leonard forced his way out in 2018? Why make a now-30-year-old DeMar DeRozan the centerpiece of that exchange and only collect one first-rounder—not even a lottery pick—while giving up both Leonard and Danny Green (i.e. 40 percent of the Toronto Raptors' championship starting five)?
    Why were they mulling a possible max extension for DeRozan before the season, as Mike Finger reported for the San Antonio Express-News? Why did they feel it necessary to fully guarantee Aldridge's $24 million option for the 2020-21 season eight months before they needed to?

Are they seeing something we don't? Because to us, these look like 30-somethings who are in decline and incapable of leading a team to anything more than one of the West's final playoff spots. Embracing mid-range chuckers in a time of analytics feels not like a zig against a league-wide zag, but rather simply applying an outdated approach and shrinking the team's ceiling because of it.
    "A seemingly unwavering faith in post-ups, long 2s and Marco Belinelli has locals and outsiders alike wondering, for the first time in eons, if the Spurs are behind the curve rather than ahead of it," The Athletic's John Hollinger wrote.
    They don't have an elite player on the roster. They have no guaranteed future stars, either. Dejounte Murray comes closest, but he's facing a treacherous path to get there as a non-shooting perimeter player.
    San Antonio should embark on the fire sale that it should've had as soon as Leonard wanted out. The rewards won't be nearly as rich as they could have been, but anything that moves the Spurs away from this forgettable present and toward whatever the future holds is worth exploring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do they have that we can use?? Wait... idgaf,I'll take whatever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes please take him now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do they have that we can use?? Wait... idgaf,I'll take whatever.
    Aminu + Gordon or Fournier. I take and run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, this seems pretty odd.

ST says we should trade DDr to Orlando. Reports come out that there are rumors of a trade of of DDR to Orlando. ST starts posting articles about rumors of a trade that seems to have come from ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu + Gordon or Fournier. I take and run
    man at this point i'd take a salary dump lol but anything in return that can be somewhat serviceable would be great!i'd take aminum for ddr straight up. we'd at least get some size at the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, please. They can have Forbes if they want too. I'd offer Wombat or Beli before Forbes but we all know the former is untradeable for Pop and that noone wants the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would fcking Love Aaron Gordon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, this seems pretty odd.

ST says we should trade DDr to Orlando. Reports come out that there are rumors of a trade of of DDR to Orlando. ST starts posting articles about rumors of a trade that seems to have come from ST.

You're probably right.

It's rare for any rumor about a Spurs trade to carry much weight. There would be a lot of celebrating around here if DDR was traded, even for Orlando's garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry yal... Forbes is untouchable. An we all know Patty ain't going. So its Marco an Demar or bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer reported Wednesday that "it would surprise none of the front-office executives" he spoke with if the Spurs opt to move DeRozan.
    Not sure if this has been posted/discussed already but this is great ing news. Just don't get fleeced again. Get our SF of the future, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take him please Orlando. Maybe those theme parks down there can help with his depression

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon + Fournier would be fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, please. They can have Forbes if they want too. I'd offer Wombat or Beli before Forbes but we all know the former is untradeable for Pop and that noone wants the latter.
    DDR and beli for Aaron Gordon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan plays tonight, he's not being traded. It's that simple. If we see "Load Management" for him, someone please post the "Its Happening" meme please.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marco can go to the Magic for free. Just do it and put an asterisk on the trade paperwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pray to God he’s traded, for whatever at this point.

If, and big IF, the rumors are true, maybe the boos were an eye opener for the Holts and front office that DDR is a dead duck on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan plays tonight, he's not being traded. It's that simple. If we see "Load Management" for him, someone please post the "Its Happening" meme please.
    What does tonight have to do with anything? Trade deadline isn't until February and he probably ain't going anywhere before that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please for the love of god let this sack of go. him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does tonight have to do with anything? Trade deadline isn't until February and he probably ain't going anywhere before that.
    I want the trade to happen NOW, not later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait till December and get me Ross and Gordon for Belinelli and DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This won't happen tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait till December and get me Ross and Gordon for Belinelli and DeRozan
    That's the one. Works in the trade machine also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I so want this to happen. But to you all that have more knowledge about the Magic, why would it be a good move for Magic to move Gordon for DDR? Or anyone for Derozan for that matter.

Thread Information