Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely see the value to Orlando. They've got little talent, but the East is largely a crapheap. A guy who can facilitate and score can really push them forward.

The Spurs need to start a heavy rebuild. I'd take anything for DDR that doesn't cripple long-term flexibility. Letting him go and then starting to shop LMA are probably the right things to do at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This news will dominate ESPN all day tomorrow!!!

Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year Aaron Gordon scored 16 points per game on 13.4 attempts shooting 45/35/73 %. DeRozan on the other hand scored 21.2 on 17.1 attempts. Factor in that every player who comes here usually gets a bump in shooting efficiency, better offensive spacing and also better defense and it's pretty clear the team would definitely not get worse by trading DeRozan for Gordon. If the Spurs can somehow offload Belinelli and include one of Ross/Aminu/Fournier that would improve the bench as well.

Orlando on the other hand is dead last in the NBA at points scored in isolation. They actually need an iso-scorer, so DeRozan is perfect for them. Trading Gordon opens up minutes for Isaac. That's a win-win.

In no way should the Spurs include a pick or any young player except Poeltl or Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and okeke for Derozen and belli. People forget about Okeke cause hes injured but he will be our sf of future if we can get him in trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing earth shattering, other than his best estimated price being much higher than what I would expect (based on overall info he has, not specific trade conversations).
    From Magic perspective:

The FO is determined to be in playoffs, and show organization is improving and trending upward. They have three potential trade targets identified (one PG, other two G/SF). Would not or cannot give specific names. Do not want to move too quickly as there are a lot of pieces they really like and feel current group is capable of more. Also potentially would have more trade flexibility in mid December once some restrictions would expire. Without signs of improvement do believe they will make move and primarily looking for scoring, someone that can get to line. Only players virtually untouchable are Vuc & Isaac. Current belief of most in organization is Isaac ceiling greater than Gordon. Also they believe Okeke will be ready to go next year making Gordon more dispensable. Still asking price for any trade involving Gordon will be starter caliber player, a young asset + 1st round pick. Out of young guys most willing to move Bamba. Magic don't really feel too strong about Ross vs Fournier, and 1 of those two almost certain to be involved in trade unless it is a PG. Asked him in a DDR - Gordon swap what he thinks Magic would want - his best guess would be Gordon/Fournier/filler (Iwundu or Frazier) for DDR/Beli/Walker or White/Johnson/+first.

Edit: clarified that he thought this would be starting point but Magic would most likely be willing to include Mamba instead of filler player or would settle for 2 young assets or 1 young asset ± pick
    Interesting insight. That seems a little rich for Gordon but in the ballpark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will take DD+Walker for Fournier + Gordon. And I think Magic would want insurance that DD will opt in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I'm pretty sure the leak came from DD agent and not Spurs or Orl as both franchisees are tight lipped. DD opting in would be a huge factor in what Orl is willing to offer. Therefore Spurs gave permission for Orl to talk to DD agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Spurs do play the Magic on Friday...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him gone but highly this or any trade happens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DD passed up a wide open 3 per par in the TWolves game right now. Can we get rid of this got?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    get okc involved and make this a blockbuster trade. diallo would be good for the spurs. if pop ever gave him minutes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather DeRozan walk than take Fournier’s contract. Hopefully a third team would be involved if Fournier is in the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Jonathan Isaac. 6'11 combo F, can score and is great on D. Avg 3 blocks per game right now.
    We haven't had a big that could block shots since Timmy that would be welcoming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows how legit this is, but like the Kawhi news that leaked early, having heard some chatter before this article came out at least lends itself to the info being credible.

Still plenty of hurdles but even as rare as it is to get a legit leak, this seems legit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems much more legit than the Celtic article about them wanting DDR and LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orl not giving up on Isaac. Just not happening. He is a dpoy candidate very soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orl not giving up on Isaac. Just not happening. He is a dpoy candidate very soon.
    I think isaac is the only untouchable on that roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 to the “addition by subtraction” camp. DDR is like Dr Strange out there stopping the entire offense, only to watch him butterfinger the ball away or brick a spot-up mid-range jumper. More importantly, he doesn’t mix well with LMA’s mid-range preference (which is more reliable, and actually draws defenses sometimes), and Dejounte’s 1-man fast break (as do most current Spurs, to be fair).

If Orlando needs 3pt shooters (and scorers), we could send DDR + Marco for Gordon + Fournier (trade machine works). Please throw in a draft pick to close the deal if needed.

We could run Dejounte + Gordon pick n’ rolls all day, and pop out to a waiting LMA. Gordon can definitely run the fast break, and we have a banger down low on defense. LMA & the offense will have better spacing. Rest of the guards get some breathing room to grow. Also, Gordon & Fournier are younger & have more upside with a Spurs coaching staff.

Yes, on paper it doesn’t look like much, but our team makes no sense right now. We’ve been patching things together since Kawhi left, it’s hard to watch!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan gets traded it will be to a playoff team with a legit chance at winning the le and in need of another scoring threat. They will have to give up their ty draft picks and a young player, but he will give them a legit shot at beating the clipps and Lakers.

Or

Maybe there is a team who is being forced to trade their franchise player and he is just the thing we need make the trade happen. Maybe there is a dumb GM that would make that trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

What’s the deal on Bamba? Is he a bust or what? Haven’t seen enough of that team to know. The other prospect they have that’s interesting is Okeke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bamba is looking like a bust, tbh. Don't know why anyone would want him when we already have one backup center.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan gets traded it will be to a playoff team with a legit chance at winning the le and in need of another scoring threat. They will have to give up their ty draft picks and a young player, but he will give them a legit shot at beating the clipps and Lakers.

Or

Maybe there is a team who is being forced to trade their franchise player and he is just the thing we need make the trade happen. Maybe there is a dumb GM that would make that trade?
    Unsure there is a le contender that has 27 Mil of dead weight contracts.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about Bamba.

Thread Information