Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah maybe Ime/Messina had issues with the rotations and saw the writing on the wall that it was gonna be the same story this year.

Love Timmy but he's nothing more than a yes man along with Hardy who's probably too scared to speak up.

Becky might have the biggest balls on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if she's next out the door.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The KL/DD trade will go down as one of the all time worst trades...how do you give up one of the top 3 players in the league and not even get a lottery pick or a decent young prospect, and no, Poetel does not count. We should have known when Udoka and Messina bailed, pop lost this team, you don't lose your top assistants at the same time and not have something seriously wrong. I'm sure he had to beg TD to come back and by the looks of it Timmy is not really feeling it, he shouldn't have to put up with this sorry ass team.
    We have been through this over and over. KL wasn't top 3. He was out with a season ending fake injury and only wanted to go to LA. Theres your trade value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with the "knee injury" he is a top 3 player, it was never considered career threatening, make excuses all you want, it was one of the worst trades ever...at the very least they could have taken the lakers package.. don't act like the raptors were the only team willing to trade for him, "injured" or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with the "knee injury" he is a top 3 player, it was never considered career threatening, make excuses all you want, it was one of the worst trades ever...at the very least they could have taken the lakers package.. don't act like the raptors were the only team willing to trade for him, "injured" or not.
    If teams weren't concerned, then Celtics, Lakers, Sixers, would have offered more than the junk they offered. Pretty simple really. We could have fultz instead right? And Leonard would still be in LA right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be nice to get Ross and Gordon for DDR trade
    this is what I want. DeRozan/Marco(or Walker) for Ross/Gordon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic would want one of White or Walker. And they probably consider giving Fournier and Gordon for it. But only if DD is committed to the Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonight I would guess anything they have been considering is no longer of interest to them. Not just because they won, but just the value of the players. DDR didn't do anything tonight that warrant them making a big trade. We would be even worse without someone like Gordon and Fournier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah maybe Ime/Messina had issues with the rotations and saw the writing on the wall that it was gonna be the same story this year.

Love Timmy but he's nothing more than a yes man along with Hardy who's probably too scared to speak up.

Becky might have the biggest balls on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if she's next out the door.
    What is it from TD's career and personality that makes you think he's just a yes man, other than trying to look edgier than all the other edgy posters on ST?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it from TD's career and personality that makes you think he's just a yes man, other than trying to look edgier than all the other edgy posters on ST?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The KL/DD trade will go down as one of the all time worst trades...how do you give up one of the top 3 players in the league and not even get a lottery pick or a decent young prospect, and no, Poetel does not count. We should have known when Udoka and Messina bailed, pop lost this team, you don't lose your top assistants at the same time and not have something seriously wrong. I'm sure he had to beg TD to come back and by the looks of it Timmy is not really feeling it, he shouldn't have to put up with this sorry ass team.
    when a player with an injury says that he wants to play for with LA, that gives ZERO option to the Spurs. It is easy to rewrite history. KL screwed the Spurs, that’s the only story here
    Last edited by Frenchfred; 11-16-2019 at 10:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tonight I would guess anything they have been considering is no longer of interest to them. Not just because they won, but just the value of the players. DDR didn't do anything tonight that warrant them making a big trade. We would be even worse without someone like Gordon and Fournier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Luke Kennard from Detroit he’s having a career year so far.
    That's why he would never go to SA in a trade with Demar, everyone in the league knows their statistics have less value than their impact, and for the rest of the league, Kennard probably has more value than Demar currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is trading anything worth a damn for Derozan...Wake up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That Lakers package has the Pelicans dead last in the Western Conference right now... and that’s before I mention that Brandon Ingram had career-threatening blood clots in his leg last summer and had to have emergency surgery to remove them. His career was in jeopardy and we didn’t even know if he’d play again, or even if he did, if he would ever be the same again. No team in their right mind would've traded for that.

Then you add in the fact that:

A.) That Lakers draft pick(s) would’ve been at the tail end of the 1st-Round, and

B.) You would’ve likely guaranteed the Lakers winning multiple championships, or at the very least one, and that trade makes even less sense.

You should be thanking the Spurs for not taking that trade package. We got ed in that trade because nephew, not because of PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nephew trade is all water (with turds floating) under the bridge.

Now it’s time to ship DDR to anyone that will give us at least one usable player or a first round unprotected pick. If we can also ship out some old players, even better. I’d rather have a losing season and be able to develop our young guns than barely compete for the 8th playoffs seed with all the wore out has-been vets whose game style no longer fits the current NBA game & rules.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are high on Gordon but he is way inconsistent.

I understand that people want derozan out but for Gordon and Ross? That will not solve our problems.

If im the spurs I will target Fournier and Bamba for his shotblocking ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I understand that people want derozan out but for Gordon and Ross? That will not solve our problems.

I can’t speak for all, but I agree that Gordon doesn’t “solve” SA problem in the context of making them a contender. What I do believe is even with Gordon’s flaws he fits better with the roster. Both from an age and style perspective.

He won’t make Sa a contender but he would fit well with Dejounte and the up and down pace, he plays a position of need and will open up minutes for more experimentation from Pop.

He raises the ceiling but lowers the floor; but at least there is upside there and it’s a low cost gamble since we know we aren’t extending Derozan and that Gordon’s deal is short term and declining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To solve SA problems you’d have to trade DDR and LMA and get rid of pop. All 3 of those aren’t happening.

if you can get Ross/Gordon/Bamba for DeRozan/Jacob that’s a good start. Would love to try and pry Sabonis away from Indiana but I’d doubt they’d do a LMA for Sabonis trade
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 11-16-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IDK, I think the problem is having Murray + DeRozan + Aldridge on the same floor together. One of them has to go because the spacing is terrible, and I think DeRozan is the clear choice to dump. Especially to open up more minutes for White.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To solve SA problems you’d have to trade DDR and LMA and get rid of pop. All 3 of those aren’t happening.

if you can get Ross/Gordon/Bamba for DeRozan/Jacob that’s a good start. Would love to try and pry Sabonis away from Indiana but I’d doubt they’d do a LMA for Sabonis trade
    agree, there are only 3 ways to solve SA problems:
    1)get rid off pop asap
    2)trade ddr and lma for young prospects
    3)get top pick next draft
    then surround these youngies with veterans and pray that they develop well and we be back into the fight for a ring again.

edit: i would also change a lil bit the culture in a club and give players more “freedom” in their playing style. I think that one of the reason that noone wants to play here is that coach is like a god and he knows everything better and every player must do what he says.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Lakers package has the Pelicans dead last in the Western Conference right now... and that’s before I mention that Brandon Ingram had career-threatening blood clots in his leg last summer and had to have emergency surgery to remove them. His career was in jeopardy and we didn’t even know if he’d play again, or even if he did, if he would ever be the same again. No team in their right mind would've traded for that.

Then you add in the fact that:

A.) That Lakers draft pick(s) would’ve been at the tail end of the 1st-Round, and

B.) You would’ve likely guaranteed the Lakers winning multiple championships, or at the very least one, and that trade makes even less sense.

You should be thanking the Spurs for not taking that trade package. We got ed in that trade because nephew, not because of PATFO.
    Then trade him to where he wanted to go..the clippers were said to be offering Tobias Harris,Avery Bradley and one of their picks..I think it was 13 or 14..instead pop wanted to KL over as much as possible by sending him to exile in Toronto...we know how that turned out..KL takes the raps to a championship, pokes pop in the eye and gets to LA anyway... ty trade for one of the best players in the league...instead of rebuilding on the fly like everyone said the spurs wanted to do, they set the team back 2 or 3 years...yes nephew ed us over, but patfo did not do us any favors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things I can add from Magic source:

Unless things get really bad time-line for a trade would be January. Orlando has had no official trade talks with other teams at this time. If Orlando chooses to pursue trade they have 4 teams they would engage about potential targets, he can confirm Detroit, Sacramento, & San Antonio. The feeling is FO has/is coming around to moving A. Gordon, but not desperate. If they can't get return they want they don't mind waiting to move him next year. This would allow them time to confirm Okeke is the player they think he is, and have more flexibility in easing him into minutes with AG on roster. Based on what he has been told DDR is Jeff Weltman's 1st choice, but wouldn't be #1 target for GM Hammond or Coach Clifford. He said Weltman definitely has the final say with player personnel, but is a team guy & highly values the other opinions, so he is not certain if DDR would be Magic's 1st choice as trade target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not that TD is a yes man, it’s that no one has any actual influence over Pop. He may act like he listens, but it’s obvious that at the moment it’s all Pop.

Because if all the other coaches are agreeable with what Pop is doing and how he is coaching this year? It means there is not one coach on this roster we should want post-Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things I can add from Magic source:

Unless things get really bad time-line for a trade would be January. Orlando has had no official trade talks with other teams at this time. If Orlando chooses to pursue trade they have 4 teams they would engage about potential targets, he can confirm Detroit, Sacramento, & San Antonio. The feeling is FO has/is coming around to moving A. Gordon, but not desperate. If they can't get return they want they don't mind waiting to move him next year. This would allow them time to confirm Okeke is the player they think he is, and have more flexibility in easing him into minutes with AG on roster. Based on what he has been told DDR is Jeff Weltman's 1st choice, but wouldn't be #1 target for GM Hammond or Coach Clifford. He said Weltman definitely has the final say with player personnel, but is a team guy & highly values the other opinions, so he is not certain if DDR would be Magic's 1st choice as trade target.
    Makes sense; I am hoping that with SA losing and ORL losing Vuc for maybe 4 weeks, that timeline gets accelerated.

Thread Information