Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are lucky to only be down 7 but they probably won’t take advantage in the 2nd half tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a listless team. You can’t have all the spark and leadership coming from Murray/Patty/White. That won’t cut it and someone has to do something.

They aren’t playing awful, but they can’t string together enough good stretches of defense to gain any footing. Everything is hard. Everything is from behind and no one seems to be able to really right the ship here. It’s baffling.
    Yep. The team seems relatively energized tonight. But even when this team plays well games are a real struggle due to the poor roster construction, the dead weight, players with skill sets that are not complementary and the bizarre combinations that Pop insists on playing. The inexplicable banishment of DeMarre is the cherry on top of this sundae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Forbes guard Wiggins to start the game would be crazy except it's the same story we've seen for years now. By the time you've already switched a better defender onto him, he's already in a rhythm.

Forbes would be a good 9th player on a good team. But of course with this organization, he's treated like the 3rd best player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine being the analytics guy for the Spurs must feel like the most useless and disregarded person in the organization
    “Pop, I think with the current style of the league we could use more athletes on the team.”
    Have any of them gotten over themselves or had notable playoff shots 5 years ago or more?
    “Okay... I think we could try to make our players work on 3’s. You know how important that is today.”
    It’s not basketball. Next topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington said "It's a ing foul" when he flopped due to his teammate fouling him hahahahahaa. He got called for the travel. Omg that was hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine being the analytics guy for the Spurs must feel like the most useless and disregarded person in the organization
    Are you sure they have an analytics guy?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Forbes guarding Wiggins ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so were the Celtics, the Grizzlies and everybody else we played against. Spurs defense is one of the worst in the NBA
    timvp thought last season that the Spurs roster construction was with Murray in mind hoping that he would fix all their "defensive" problems.
    Seems ridiculous to think that now tbh. Do think the coaching department took a hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Analytics guy: the Forbes/Mills line up has a net rating of -50, maybe we should stop playing them together

Pop: No, I need them both to stop Dame Lillard and CJ McCollum in crunch time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t say they quit - they just lack fire and more baffling cohesion. You’d think it’s a brand new team.

But when LMA and Derozan don’t play consistently with effort it’s going to hurt. Let’s see if Derozan can focus on playmaking more. It’s great when he does.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    timvp thought last season that the Spurs roster construction was with Murray in mind hoping that he would fix all their "defensive" problems.
    Seems ridiculous to think that now tbh. Do think the coaching department took a hit.
    watch out, before he calls you out for being an edgelord

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the issue is actually not on the perimeter, even though Mills, Belinelli and Forbes are bad defenders. The issue is Aldridge not contesting enough shots in the paint and getting abused in the pick and roll. Teams are going at him on purpose and they get too many easy shots around the rim. Spurs are dead last at opponents shooting % at the rim

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense is rolling, more importantly team is getting stops

Want to get excited. Need 2 full quarters from this team. Would be huge road win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Want to get excited. Need 2 full quarters from this team. Would be huge road win.
    Are we watching the same team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the issue is actually not on the perimeter, even though Mills, Belinelli and Forbes are bad defenders. The issue is Aldridge not contesting enough shots in the paint and getting abused in the pick and roll. Teams are going at him on purpose and they get too many easy shots around the rim. Spurs are dead last at opponents shooting % at the rim
    I don't know the technicalities of it, but he's often helping on the guard and the big has open lanes... think the funneling is not done correctly or the guard has to impede the pass or something. I don't think it's all aldridge... though he has regressed... schemes aren't working out and no adjustment either. also they switch guards on bigs and vice versa too much.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray getting beat. On offense rhey sagging off him so has to shoot it.

That's midrange shot he just took was fugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know the technicalities of it, but he's often helping on the guard and the big has open lanes... think the funneling is not done correctly or the guard has to impede the pass or something. I don't think it's all aldridge... though he has regressed... schemes aren't working out and no adjustment either. also they switch guards on bigs and vice versa too much.
    of course it's not all on him, the help has to rotate and it would help if the guards wouldn't be traffic cones. But interior D is the issue right now. Spurs don't have a Danny Green anymore flying in from weak side to contest shots

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You seem confused. None of that is happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray getting beat. On offense rhey sagging off him so has to shoot it.

That's midrange shot he just took was fugly.
    I said it after game 1. Scouting reports adjusted and now he's inefficient. It was the same 2 years ago. He has to hit jump shots to change that

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we watching the same team?
    Mean the start of the third. Spurs got the lead back. First half was e. Rhey getting stops finally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, this quarter is going to take forever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was excited as anyone else about Murray's return, but so far I'm not that impressed. I know we're only 10 games into the season, but his handles still need a lot of work and he seems to be lacking smarts on the defensive end. He's a great on the ball defender, but he misses too many assignments on the defensive end. His lack of ball handling skills and failure to play under control has hurt the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge actually has gotten better at protecting the rim over the last couple of seasons and hes one of our better big defenders which I know isn't saying much. Its more of a communication/coaching problem. When our worst defenders Mills or Belli are on the floor they are like pylons. Even Forbes and Derzoan are bad at times.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem confused. None of that is happening.
    Had you just watched the last 5 min It was a great start to the third quarter. What game u watching. Or u following boxscore

Thread Information