Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had already been blown out but it was exciting to see how much ground that foursome can cover on the defensive end. That's nice to know going forward. It was literally the first time all season that it was fun to watch the Spurs play defense

Offensively, having multiple drivers on the court was also a breath of fresh air. And, I know it's only been garbage time, but Metu is looking more and more coordinated and athletic. Compared to Aldridge and Poeltl he moves like Wilt Chamberlain...

Will Pop play that foursome for any meaningful minutes anytime soon? Probably not ... but even he was applauding on the sidelines.

P.S.

Of course the fun had to be tempered by Marco Belinelli being the fifth player on the court

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had already been blown out but it was exciting to see how much ground that foursome can cover on the defensive end. That's nice to know going forward. It was literally the first time all season that it was fun to watch the Spurs play defense

Offensively, having multiple drivers on the court was also a breath of fresh air. And, I know it's only been garbage time, but Metu is looking more and more coordinated and athletic. Compared to Aldridge and Poeltl he moves like Wilt Chamberlain...

Will Pop play that foursome for any meaningful minutes anytime soon? Probably not ... but even he was applauding on the sidelines.

P.S.

Of course the fun had to be tempered by Marco Belinelli being the fifth player on the court
    Out of all the young players I thought Metu was the one most likely to not receive any kind of playing time whatsoever, but after that game against Boston and tonight's, I'm holding out hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that was refreshing. Spurs need a losing streak to get through stubborn Pop. God knows the amount of games it would take though.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

P.S.

I was like man if only Demarre was out there. That lineup would have been fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will only play together in garbage time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was like man if only Demarre was out there. That lineup would have been fun
    I guess there's only so much fun we deserve in one lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty ing happy to see that lineup and of course the first play is Beli shooting an offbalance 30 footer

Good news is that I think we're gonna be seeing a ton of that lineup in the 4th going forward

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the best moment of the season. And it took a blowout loss for it to happen.

Management and Pop created an abomination of a roster. Give the people what they want at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved it! I’m glad the loss led to this and hope to see that lineup in a compe ive game. Switch Marco with Gay or Lyles and Metu for Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the Spurs losing tonight by 10-13 points at +800. Dejounte's 3 point play cuts it to 13 and of course they give up an unimpeded dunk down the lane to have them lose by 15

I ing hate this team so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie, I was pretty ing happy to see that lineup and of course the first play is Beli shooting an offbalance 30 footer
    Off a play call, no less.

Good news is that I think we're gonna be seeing a ton of that lineup in the 4th going forward
    Well, that is a fun lineup to watch. It's almost mind-blowing at this point watching multiple Spurs who can defend more than a 5-foot radius on the court at the same time...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved it! I’m glad the loss led to this and hope to see that lineup in a compe ive game. Switch Marco with Gay or Lyles and Metu for Aldridge
    No. Switch Marco with Aldrige.

Metu looks like the only energetic and spry guy on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off a play call, no less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does no one have a concern that a team built on continuity and coached by the most tenured and respected coach of all time evidently has no fire or leadership?

Where is Pop the leader? The one who can get the most out of guys and have them at least compete? The one who can scheme around weaknesses and give them team a great shot to overcome flaws and not putting up with guys not performing on defense despite their offensive flaws?

Its so clear that the offense is good enough and that there has to be gains on defense.

This is a win now team, hand picked by Pop when they had options on which direction to go post Kawhi. Where is the leadership and the compe ive spirit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is the leadership and the compe ive spirit?
    At TP's jersey retirement ceremony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Switch Marco with Aldrige.
    So, White , murray, Walker, Metu, Aldridge? Interesting I’d be fine with that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does no one have a concern that a team built on continuity and coached by the most tenured and respected coach of all time evidently has no fire or leadership?

Where is Pop the leader? The one who can get the most out of guys and have them at least compete? The one who can scheme around weaknesses and give them team a great shot to overcome flaws and not putting up with guys not performing on defense despite their offensive flaws?

Its so clear that the offense is good enough and that there has to be gains on defense.

This is a win now team, hand picked by Pop when they had options on which direction to go post Kawhi. Where is the leadership and the compe ive spirit?
    Is it crazy to say that Tim, Manu, and Kawhi have carried Pop? Maybe Pop wasn’t really all that great?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At TP's jersey retirement ceremony.
    Is that on Pop? He’s the leader, coach and he constructed this team and pushed the continuity chips in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's even more beautiful when you realize we saw a Patty/Forbes/Beli/Lyles lineup in the same quarter when the game was technically still undecided....

This universe man, what a trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's even worse when this super senile coach preaches defense since training camp only for his team to average giving up 126 points per game in the last 3 games while having one of the worst defenses in the NBA. Makes no damn sense, but here we are. And this time there is no Messina and no Udoka to come up with new defensive schemes to bail Flopovich out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that on Pop? He’s the leader, coach and he constructed this team and pushed the continuity chips in.
    It's mostly on one era ending and the next era not starting yet, tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop have another usual passing grade though, OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it crazy to say that Tim, Manu, and Kawhi have carried Pop? Maybe Pop wasn’t really all that great?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop has jumped the shark. Nobody takes him seriously anymore. They respect him, but still just blow him off, like most young guys do to old grandpas.

That’s why I’ll ask again. Why is he still coaching? Winning is obviously not his highest priority right now with the dumb lineups. But neither is the youth movement or they would be getting more minutes. So what exactly is this 70 year old man trying to do? It’s a mess.

He’s obviously not part of the long term future plans. Bring the new guy or Becky to start growing with the next gen already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is NOT a starting PG. White is sooooo much better setting up plays, composed and has inside AND outside shooting, so his defender does not sag unlike Murray’s. Murray at best is a combo guard. I hate to put Murray and White together unless White plays the PG, and let Murray run the fastbreaks only off a rebound. I’d put Carroll on 3 and D, and push Demar as 6th man, primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Lyles and Aldridge finish the starting lineup.

White/Demar
    Murray/Forbes/Mills
    Carroll/Walker/Belinelli
    Lyles/Gay
    Aldridge/Poeltl

Thread Information