Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What to like about his game? His half spin. Man everybody in the league already scouted that. He can’t shoot open 3’s so his defender go under? He choked the T to get the Spurs a fighting chance. Really, DeMar would be best playing 6th man, primary ball handler in the 2nd unit where he can feast with lesser defender. Bring White and Caroll to play 3 and D. If DeMar doesn’t like, who cares? Actually he could score a lot more in the 2nd unit and raise his average. He’d go against Lou for best 6th man, and the guy who’s willing to come off the bench for the team. It’d be win/win
    His mid range game is beautiful to watch. I love how he uses finesse to score over bigger players and uses his strength and post game to scores against small. It's old school 90's style. Plus he suprises us with insane dunks from time to time, and excellent layups that seem impossible. He is scoring 20pts and a good % atm. So I don't see anything wrong offensivly. If anything, his number should be called more if we had better shooters around him.

Since when is chucking up 3's fun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest paid player always get his. He kicks into action when the ball hits his hands AND then he begins to develop a plan.

He was pretty good last night leading his team, as the highest paid ball handler, to a dismal and disheartening loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His mid range game is beautiful to watch. I love how he uses finesse to score over bigger players and uses his strength and post game to scores against small. It's old school 90's style. Plus he suprises us with insane dunks from time to time, and excellent layups that seem impossible. He is scoring 20pts and a good % atm. So I don't see anything wrong offensivly. If anything, his number should be called more if we had better shooters around him.

Who says chucking up 3’s? But he needs to be able to hit those when the defender is giving to him. Look at the other thread where his defender was clogging Poeltl and closed the open lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 year old Murray is WAAAY better than 22 year old white.... No need to kerf Murray's growth for the lower ceiling white... White doesn't change the game... Murray has the ability to completely change the game... White just keeps things steady...
    Spurs are not playing 22 yrs old White, but a 25 more steady hand, who’s not prone to turnover, can hit inside/outside. I’m excited about Murray’s potential, but that’s what he is right now. Or at best a combo guard who can pick his defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mostly on one era ending and the next era not starting yet, tbh.
    I don't why some Spur's fans can't comprehend this. Do they expect Pop to whip out some Dynasty starter kit and whip up a new dynasty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not playing 22 yrs old White, but a 25 more steady hand, who’s not prone to turnover, can hit inside/outside. I’m excited about Murray’s potential, but that’s what he is right now. Or at best a combo guard who can pick his defender.
    They're blowing a year to make 25 yr old Murray a star. I think white will be traded if we do a full tank. In my head white and LMA are a locked pair and if you release one, the other goes to. White doesn't have to be traded, but he doesn't fit the timeline unless pop wants to make him a sg starter and attempt to transform his skills

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop should let them play, we have nothing to lose, they would develop faster and we could get a top pick. But the problem is that pop may still thinks we are a contender

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had already been blown out but it was exciting to see how much ground that foursome can cover on the defensive end. That's nice to know going forward. It was literally the first time all season that it was fun to watch the Spurs play defense

Offensively, having multiple drivers on the court was also a breath of fresh air. And, I know it's only been garbage time, but Metu is looking more and more coordinated and athletic. Compared to Aldridge and Poeltl he moves like Wilt Chamberlain...

Will Pop play that foursome for any meaningful minutes anytime soon? Probably not ... but even he was applauding on the sidelines.

P.S.

Of course the fun had to be tempered by Marco Belinelli being the fifth player on the court
    So TIMVP...who should be the 5th player??? Thinking another Big maybe a shooter...oh wait. They trade him away...Davis Bertans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, White , murray, Walker, Metu, Aldridge? Interesting I’d be fine with that
    That would be the best possible lineup for the Spurs going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So TIMVP...who should be the 5th player??? Thinking another Big maybe a shooter...oh wait. They trade him away...Davis Bertans
    I'd settle for anyone not from Italy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd settle for anyone not from Italy.
    Belli is the only reason why I still watch the team tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No, no it's not. It's hideous. His pump fakes are hideous. His fadeaway are hideous. He doesn't know how to use his body to create space on them. The way he slows down his dribble to a crawl when he has all the physical tools to play faster is hideous. His driving is actually pretty nice (floaters, eurosteps, strong finishes, etc) but he's too stupid, or too much of a pussy, or both to go to that more often.

You know who's midrange game is beautiful? Nephew's. him but his game is a joy to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't why some Spur's fans can't comprehend this. Do they expect Pop to whip out some Dynasty starter kit and whip up a new dynasty?
    Nope - not what people are asking for. That ain't the bar, chief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Okay you love 90s ball but you can’t win with that kind of game today. If you want a nostalgia fest then go watch 90s highlights on YouTube. Our team shouldn’t have to run that kind of style if it’s a proven formula of failure in today’s NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    No, no it's not. It's hideous. His pump fakes are hideous. His fadeaway are hideous. He doesn't know how to use his body to create space on them. The way he slows down his dribble to a crawl when he has all the physical tools to play faster is hideous. His driving is actually pretty nice (floaters, eurosteps, strong finishes, etc) but he's too stupid, or too much of a pussy, or both to go to that more often.

You know who's midrange game is beautiful? Nephew's. him but his game is a joy to watch.
    Yup. Derozan's game is Kmart Kobe with all the same warts and none of the positives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh Leonard is by far the better player and the best player. But your comparing a top 50 to top 3. Not fair. Who in the Spurs is better to watch? White, he has some defensive highlights, runs the pick well, shoots an okay ‰ from 3, surprises us with his athleticism. But he is avg 10 less p/g and the rest of his game is worse than DD. He has no post game, no fadeways, no strong layups. I picked White because generally he is well received on this board for good reason. But when comparing their games, DD is not only better now but it's unlikely White will ever be as good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The operative phrase here is "garbage time". We are reading too much into things like this but there is no one in the NBA i trust more about developing young players and molding them with the correct at ude then Pop. Of course some times uncles get in the way and everything but lets hope Pop sticks around for as long as it takes to mold this group of young players into a strong team for the future. Pop never skips steps like some here would, he knows what he's doing.
    This narrative needs to die... Other teams have turned low draft pics into stars... Secondly, the Pop of 2001 that would start a rookie isn't the Pop of 2019...if ginobili and Parker were drafted this year, they wouldn't see the light of day... Especially ginobili with his crazy turnovers....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Leonard is by far the better player and the best player. But your comparing a top 50 to top 3. Not fair. Who in the Spurs is better to watch? White, he has some defensive highlights, runs the pick well, shoots an okay ‰ from 3, surprises us with his athleticism. But he is avg 10 less p/g and the rest of his game is worse than DD. He has no post game, no fadeways, no strong layups. I picked White because generally he is well received on this board for good reason. But when comparing their games, DD is not only better now but it's unlikely White will ever be as good.
    U know who is also more talented that white? Carmelo Anthony... Would u want him on the team? See? Simply having the tools with zero basketball IQ in ur 30s isn't enough to be a go to guy on a serious team... Just because a player is less talented doesn't mean they aren't a better fit for a team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're mixing up aesthetics and level of a player. DD is an all-star caliber player, he's been the best player on the Spurs this year but that doesn't mean his game isn't gross. Especially in 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Semi-related to the OP:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Semi-related to the OP:

They need to make adjustments in that starting lineup or the tank is on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U know who is also more talented that white? Carmelo Anthony... Would u want him on the team? See? Simply having the tools with zero basketball IQ in ur 30s isn't enough to be a go to guy on a serious team... Just because a player is less talented doesn't mean they aren't a better fit for a team
    I'm pretty sure Melo talent is gone. He is an undersized pf without the foot speed and a streaky shooter with no passing skills. Like tmac, Melo relied on his body to abuse small players and blow by bigger ones. DD has been taught far better. His game is far more fundamental. He doesn't rely on. Atheltism. He gets the defender off balance. Good shot fake. Sure I want him to be a 33‰ three point shooter and that would allow him to stay in the league.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Semi-related to the OP:

been saying it for awhile we start slow. you have one wing defender in the starting lineup. you need 2. DeRozan is awful at defense and so is bryn.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to make adjustments in that starting lineup or the tank is on.
    Maybe we are just naturally tanking though? That would be the best outcome since we aren’t a contender. So maybe by putting together a ty roster the front office actually does have the organization’s best interest in hand? lol

Thread Information