My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always made sudden, drastic, and at times genius rotational moves. He started Mohammed over Nesterović. He benched Manu after scoring 20 points for Brent Barry who didn't score in game 1 loss in a playoff game. He benched Tony Parker for Speedy Claxton down the stretch of game 6 of the finals. Heck he even had Tony comes off the bench in favour of the healthier George Hill. He gave Danny Green the start early in the season and never let go of it. He bench Paul Gasol for Dedmon and later bench Dedmon in the playoffs in favour of the better Gasol. Heck he even benched Gasol and set him walking for Poeltl. Over and over again Pop tinkers, sometimes over tinkers, plays made scientist, sometimes too much, and creates the best balance for the team. Sometimes it works out and sometimes he just doesn't. But he has time and time again made changes internally to the roster.

But after 89 games last season where he acknowledge the teams short comings, and after the Buford and co address some of these issues by signing Caroll, trying to get Morris, and getting Murray back, he continues to remain stubborn with his rotations.

The Spurs gave up in the first time in their history, back to back 40p quarters. As a result of this, Pop goes with Mills, Forbes, and Beli, despite it being proven throughout all of last season that it fails. Not only did they not get stops (who would have thought ), the team doesn't score for the first 4 minutes.

Now before that Drunken Bufford poster comes in here with his cut wrist thoughts, in an all honest opinion, what the gives?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who Pop has always been

Except now he doesn’t have Tim, Tony, and Kawhi dragging his senile ass to 60 wins every season.

To think casuals discredit the greatest PF ever for having played under this fraud’s system. Should serve prison time tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has always done crazy before in the past ala having Bowen guard Dirk in the '06 playoffs, playing Blair/Bonner together, etc. The difference back then was he had Duncan-Manu-Tony to cover up his screw ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I can think of is embarrassing the leadership, and pull from within. Demar, Aldridge and Gay reacted early last year and started a run, then White went down. I don’t know if DeMar would respond. He seems frustrated out there, maybe not getting the extension that he wants. Gay is showing fight but looks old. Aldridge, nah. I pity Murray because he shows so much fight but doesn’t have the experience and strength to lead. White is composed and has skills, but defers too much. This team needs a leader, and right now their jerseys are all hanging in the rafters.

I’d start with playing solid defense. The offense will come. Play our best defensive players. Stop the open dunks, open 3’s. They should have pride in stopping first. Then the offense will come in the transition. White is too skilled to be playing backup. He needs to be more aggressive to the hole. Murray should play combo and just beat his man. There’s a lot to change, but it starts with solid defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s no excuse for what he’s doing but us as fans only see the actual live games which is what’s most important lol but we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, I bet guys like marco & patty are probably monsters whenever they have practices because they’ve been around long enough to know what to expect and the young guys probably get outplayed by those guys because of that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s simple. Tim, Manu, Kawhi are no longer here to carry Pop. His inflated legacy and skill set as a coach is being exposed and tarnished

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I can think of is embarrassing the leadership, and pull from within. Demar, Aldridge and Gay reacted early last year and started a run, then White went down. I don’t know if DeMar would respond. He seems frustrated out there, maybe not getting the extension that he wants. Gay is showing fight but looks old. Aldridge, nah. I pity Murray because he shows so much fight but doesn’t have the experience and strength to lead. White is composed and has skills, but defers too much. This team needs a leader, and right now their jerseys are all hanging in the rafters.

I’d start with playing solid defense. The offense will come. Play our best defensive players. Stop the open dunks, open 3’s. They should have pride in stopping first. Then the offense will come in the transition. White is too skilled to be playing backup. He needs to be more aggressive to the hole. Murray should play combo and just beat his man. There’s a lot to change, but it starts with solid defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing you had issue with the Mills PG, Forbes SG, Marco SF, Lyles PF, and LMA lineup in the 4th quarter?
    It would make sense if LMA was rolling. He was playing well but not rolling and forcing doubles. But he wasn't. And I don't recall LMA getting many touches at that point, so whats the point of having no defenders and shootings if your not forcing open shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Except now he doesn’t have Tim, Tony, and Kawhi dragging his senile ass to 60 wins every season.

To think casuals discredit the greatest PF ever for having played under this fraud’s system. Should serve prison time tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont get POP anymore because he doesnt have HOF players on the roster.. When you low Quality IQ players albeit Athletic players, this is the type of outcomes you will see..
    I dont Blame POP for all of this, we are dealing with fallout of the KoleSlaw#2.. This is a makeshift, do the best with what we got roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s simple. Tim, Manu, Kawhi are no longer here to carry Pop. His inflated legacy and skill set as a coach is being exposed and tarnished

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing give you a Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always tried to play mind games. In the past, when his mind trick did not work, he would move on to something else. The problem now is that he seems to be a one mind trick pony and is stuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol I don't have cut wrist thoughts, I'm just very critical towards PATFO since the 2017 offseason

Thread Information