Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"If things work out and Lonnie gets over himself - he could be in the regular rotation and give us a solid 8-10 minutes in the 2026 season!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Gay DNP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice knowing you Rudy.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Pop is waiting on Lonnie to cut his hair tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Pop is waiting on Lonnie to cut his hair tbh
    I think he's waiting for him to stop being such a coward on defense. I watched the LAC game, and kept wondering why Forbes wound up on Kawhi several times. It's because Lonnie is a puss, and loafed to allow others to pick up Kawhi, because guarding him is hard. That's what Pop meant about not competing, and why he felt the need to publicly call out one player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's waiting for him to stop being such a coward on defense. I watched the LAC game, and kept wondering why Forbes wound up on Kawhi several times. It's because Lonnie is a puss, and loafed to allow others to pick up Kawhi, because guarding him is hard. That's what Pop meant about not competing, and why he felt the need to publicly call out one player.
    I also saw him guard him best and force a offensive foul on kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie being told to get “woke” by Rudy. Spot on. Grow the up and get serious about your career. This is why it’s tough for young players to succeed right away. They are still kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also saw him guard him best and force a offensive foul on kawhi.
    No one denies the potential. It's the realization of that potential that is in question.

He's at a crossroads. He could be Jamaal Crawford, a bench gunner and turnstile on D who's been in the league forever, and never even been a All Star, let alone considered for All NBA. Or, he could be a true beast and monster, a two way player at the highest level, something like Westbrook who can shoot and willingly D up. It's up to him to accept the challenge, and Pop is trying to turn him down that second path.

People here up a storm because all DD does is score the ball, and let his man score equally and pretty easily. That's exactly the path that Lonnie is on right now, and what Pop is trying to divert him from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice knowing you Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy needs to get over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a standard, boilerplate answer to a question about LWIV, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overblown but let's assume it's completely true. When does he get a chance to learn from that? I'm pretty sure that if the alternative is backing up the worst rotation player in the league, he's not going to do that again anytime soon.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was kidding but wow, wasn’t expecting that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't know Rudy wanted to go to Orlando that badly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Rudy doesn’t sniff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one denies the potential. It's the realization of that potential that is in question.

He's at a crossroads. He could be Jamaal Crawford, a bench gunner and turnstile on D who's been in the league forever, and never even been a All Star, let alone considered for All NBA. Or, he could be a true beast and monster, a two way player at the highest level, something like Westbrook who can shoot and willingly D up. It's up to him to accept the challenge, and Pop is trying to turn him down that second path.

People here up a storm because all DD does is score the ball, and let his man score equally and pretty easily. That's exactly the path that Lonnie is on right now, and what Pop is trying to divert him from.
    That was so beautiful......"Lonnie DNP"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such an edgelord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Real talk, ex - you're one of the biggest Pop fans on the board. What do you think of his coaching so far this season? Anything that he should change at all?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have fun in Toronto, again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much ado about nothing? The guys probably like Lonnie and want to prop him up. Hard to tell if it’s anything beyond that without hearing the question and hearing the tone.

But the comment about him just needing to get “older” was pretty funny.

But I do wonder if the guys see players like Beli who they know sucks get minutes bothers them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie being told to get “woke” by Rudy. Spot on. Grow the up and get serious about your career. This is why it’s tough for young players to succeed right away. They are still kids.
    Lonnie does play like he doesn’t give af. He needs to realize the opportunity comes once in a lifetime and people would kill/work their whole lives to get to the NBA. Nothing is promised, and kid needs to work a lot harder/show that he wants the opportunity. Then maybe later, when he is a star that he has the potential to be, not be such a try hard. But right now he has to try harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, ex - you're one of the biggest Pop fans on the board. What do you think of his coaching so far this season? Anything that he should change at all?
    I think he's between a rock and a hard place with these minutes restrictions on DJ and DW. I think he's probably more pissed with Lonnie than he otherwise would be because Lonnie could have been the solution to that.

I think throwing Lonnie out there helps neither the young man himself, or the Spurs. Offense isn't the problem on this team. SA's ORtg is #9 overall, in spite of the fact that we shoot very few 3s. Our DRtg, however, is #22, and Lonnie won't help that by repeatedly failing to pick up his man in transition.

I think we have 5 shooters dropping 3s at a rate greater than 35%, and only two of them, Derrick and Lyles, are not minus defenders. That means either your offense suffers from spacing or your defense takes a hit.

I'd like to see White in the SL, but that leads to more of the Bryn/Patty combo if Bryn is coming off the bench. With the minutes restrictions in place, you're just shuffling deck chairs on the anic. There isn't a really good solution until the restrictions are off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much ado about nothing? The guys probably like Lonnie and want to prop him up. Hard to tell if it’s anything beyond that without hearing the question and hearing the tone.

But the comment about him just needing to get “older” was pretty funny.

But I do wonder if the guys see players like Beli who they know sucks get minutes bothers them?
    Of course they see Belinelli getting minutes over him and that’s frustrating. But maybe they also see Lonnie not going after it enough when given his shots.

Thread Information