Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/demar-dero...antonio-spurs/

tl;dr: Trade makes sense for both teams; Gordon and Fournier are intriguing.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wheres mo bamba?? where are the picks?? i though we need some rebuild not another old dudes...

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon for sure. He’s not a great three point shooter, but at least gives the threat of it. Fournier would exacerbate the defensive issues but man, that three point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wheres mo bamba??
    RIF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon or bust. spacing and Fournier. The horrid defense makes this team unwatchable. I don't want more small defensive liabilities. Give them Forbes too. Preferably Beli but I dont think they'd want him.

Murray-White-Gordon-Lyles-LMA. None of them are dead eye shooters but all of them except Murray will atleast keep defenses honest. I'd much rather see that than the pathetic crap we have witnessed thus far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer Gordon and Ross or Aminu because of the defense. Spurs are playing horrible defense. They'd have to wait till December 15th though so not sure if that is likely or if a trade at all is likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter who they get back, if they offload Derozan it's a win.

Gordon is a nice prospect but Pop would find a way to make his great athleticism an afterthought. Pop would probably have him be a slightly better Trey Lyles. Unless you're mentally tough like Manu, Pop and the Spurs are where your athleticism can go and die tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gordon is a nice prospect but Pop would find a way to make his great athleticism an afterthought. Pop would probably have him be a slightly better Trey Lyles. Unless you're mentally tough like Manu, Pop and the Spurs are where your athleticism can go and die tbh
    He would make him stand in the corner on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but gordon couldn't even beat uncle drew.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer Gordon and Ross

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they did run the RJ alley oop play basically once a game tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see how Fournier solves any issues. The issue isn’t the offense (even though that could improve with more shooting) as much as defense. He is somehow WORSE than DeRozan on defense and it would basically be like trading DeRozan for another Beli which makes no sense for the defense, for opening up minutes in the G/SF rotation or for the future.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and Ross for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and Ross? Why Orlando should do this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon + Aminu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and Ross? Why Orlando should do this?
    There are multiple reasons Orlando might be interested in Gordon for DeRozan type package. First of all, DeRozan is a better player. They are both flawed, especially from the 3PT line, but overall, DeRozan is the superior player at this point.

With that in mind, Orlando is trying to stay a playoff team. They clawed their way there last year, re-signed an expensive Vuc and want to continue taking steps forward, not go back to the lottery.

Their guard play is by far their biggest weakness, in particular anyone that can truly create their own offense (and for others tbh..). DeRozan solves that in a big way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be better to punt the season altogether and let Derozan walk in July.
    You don't have to worry about getting back long term contacts of questionable players and still have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

The concern is Derozan opting in for 2021 but then his expiring contact may be more valuable in a summer 2020 trade package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure seems like things are heading south in a hurry for this season's Spurs team. It's not impossible to turn around, but, it feels unlikely somehow.
    I'm sure they will make the right call when it comes down to it. Orlando is probably the best fit for a trade in the league at this point.

The lack of defense, pride, iden y and talent are not helping this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are multiple reasons Orlando might be interested in Gordon for DeRozan type package. First of all, DeRozan is a better player. They are both flawed, especially from the 3PT line, but overall, DeRozan is the superior player at this point.

With that in mind, Orlando is trying to stay a playoff team. They clawed their way there last year, re-signed an expensive Vuc and want to continue taking steps forward, not go back to the lottery.

Their guard play is by far their biggest weakness, in particular anyone that can truly create their own offense (and for others tbh..). DeRozan solves that in a big way.
    I can understand DDR > Gordon
    Adding Ross is massive overpaying. ross has high value for Orlando and Please remember he played 8 / 12 pretty very good weeks last season. We should try to find a good Trade from Orlando perspective too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be better to punt the season altogether and let Derozan walk in July.
    You don't have to worry about getting back long term contacts of questionable players and still have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

The concern is Derozan opting in for 2021 but then his expiring contact may be more valuable in a summer 2020 trade package.
    Losing someone who plays out their contract isn’t the worst thing, but it’s wildly sub-optimal. Again, not saying to trade him for some awful contract just to get “rid” of him; but he has value in this league (SA traded kawhi for him). It might not be what we would hope, but he has positive value.

Even getting a first, even if it’s late, is better than nothing. But getting a flyer on someone young like Gordon who fits with the young core and is on a VERY reasonable deal allows SA to see how it goes, inject some new life for the team and fans and? He’s still an asset you could move later if you need to get more assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can understand DDR > Gordon
    Adding Ross is massive overpaying. ross has high value for Orlando and Please remember he played 8 / 12 pretty very good weeks last season. We should try to find a good Trade from Orlando perspective too.

Well, I don’t totally disagree, but if we agree that DeRozan>Gordon that would imply ORL would need to add to the mix (forgetting salaries matching). Maybe Ross is too much, but DeRozan is better than Gordon so I dont think it’s totally unreasonable; even if unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Gordon but I would be OK with it. I was really holding out hope that DeRozan would work in SA, but it seems clear that it's just not meant to be at this point. I know a lot of the posters here hate on the Spurs trading for DeRozan, but based on what has come out since then it doesn't seem the Spurs were going to get better for him at the time.

With the Spurs making the PO w/o nephew it makes sense that they thought someone like DeRozan could give them a punchers chance. I even get the thought that Murray being out last year hampered that and to give it a go this year. Now... well... I think it's time to move on, but I do think if you trade DeRozan that you also need to start looking to ship LMA as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Gordon but I would be OK with it. I was really holding out hope that DeRozan would work in SA, but it seems clear that it's just not meant to be at this point. I know a lot of the posters here hate on the Spurs trading for DeRozan, but based on what has come out since then it doesn't seem the Spurs were going to get better for him at the time.

With the Spurs making the PO w/o nephew it makes sense that they thought someone like DeRozan could give them a punchers chance. I even get the thought that Murray being out last year hampered that and to give it a go this year. Now... well... I think it's time to move on, but I do think if you trade DeRozan that you also need to start looking to ship LMA as well.
    I was pretty pissed when I heard SA was trading for DeRozan, but I agree. They made the playoffs, and adding DeRozan should have been enough of a talent infusion to keep things going.

My issue was not as much the logic of the trade; SA built a team around Kawhi and DeRozan is a wildly different player. My issue was that after last full season with DeRozan/LMA pairing, that adding Carroll was the only change they thought really necessary. I liked the Morris acquisition but even then, that was a bandaid with bringing back Rudy, Beli, Mills etc...They should have pressed harder to reshape the roster around DeRozan, even if it meant losing some future assets.

But now that they didnt? Ok, it’s not catastrophic, but they need to work towards better and more decisive decision making in either direction. Move DeRozan for either younger assets/picks or a player that has a shot at fitting better right now and raising the ceiling some.
    Last edited by DPG21920; 11-14-2019 at 04:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan getting traded a topic on High Noon on espn today...national mainstream media talking about it now

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    OT but siakam has been balling. i wonder what else the spurs would’ve needed to give up to get him...

Thread Information