Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Politico... err Po-leftist-co yeah... I've long banned them from being a legit source about anything.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you've spent your whole life on the indoctrination train.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia Backs Haftar Exactly Like Trump & US Says Russia "Exploiting The Conflict" #DoubleStandard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've spent your whole life on the indoctrination train.
    The irony being that you don't realize everyone is. Your own biases clearly stem from indoctrinated ideology of your own.

The danger here is your added supposition that your own ideology is superior and therefore mine must be silenced and eradicated. These are the reasons why on every issue that surfaces the LEFT clearly sides with a position in which free expression of thought and religious freedom must be squashed. And like sheeple you and your leftist tools perpetuate that sentiment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony being that you don't realize everyone is. Your own biases clearly stem from indoctrinated ideology of your own.

The danger here is your added supposition that your own ideology is superior and therefore mine must be silenced and eradicated. These are the reasons why on every issue that surfaces the LEFT clearly sides with a position in which free expression of thought and religious freedom must be squashed. And like sheeple you and your leftist tools perpetuate that sentiment.
    ah, the Trash's both sides-ism. Even ALL sides are indoctrinated, esp the ones who don't share YOUR indoctrination!

Goddamn, you're ing stupid.

"religious freedom"?

"Freedom" to express your Christ-loving HATE by persecuting "Biblically" non-Christians, non-hetero-sexual people, non-whites, non-males.

By the way, a "New York Jew" judge just blocked your Nazi-styled "conscience" rule

https://rewire.news/article/2019/11/...nscience-rule/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah, the Trash's both sides-ism. Even ALL sides are indoctrinated, esp the ones who don't share YOUR indoctrination!

Goddamn, you're ing stupid.

"religious freedom"?

"Freedom" to express your Christ-loving HATE by persecuting "Biblically" non-Christians, non-hetero-sexual people, non-whites, non-males.

By the way, a "New York Jew" judge just blocked your Nazi-styled "conscience" rule

https://rewire.news/article/2019/11/...nscience-rule/
    You're the forum crazy. So yeah. Nothing you say has any intrinsic merit.

The primary argument clearly went over your head. As you were instantly triggered by the word "religious".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the forum crazy. So yeah. Nothing you say has any intrinsic merit.

The primary argument clearly went over your head. As you were instantly triggered by the word "religious".
    sez the self-congratulating, preening religious fool

Your "primary argument" has been destroyed.

Now, go pray to Christ to guide you in your hate.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Politico... err Po-leftist-co yeah... I've long banned them from being a legit source about anything.
    What are your legit sources?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sick burn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not you.
    I never claimed to be a news source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sez the self-congratulating, preening religious fool

Your "primary argument" has been destroyed.

Now, go pray to Christ to guide you in your hate.
    So you deny that you are biased and don’t want to admit that you too have been indoctrinated by your life’s experience?

The sheer failure on your part to acknowledge any of it is the very same reason why you can’t allege ideological superiority.

I haven’t stated that my views are superior; simply that I have a right to vote in accordance to my creed. You’re one of few peeps here who has ever stated that we shouldn’t vote according to our religious views. You wishing to deny me or any other person of faith the right to our own conscience is fascist at its core. The hypocrisy of ranting about “tolerance” and the “justice” therefore, is lost in your inability to see past the logical inconsistencies of your constant pleading to silence anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never claimed to be a news source.

Depends on the subject matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the subject matter.
    Just give some examples.

You are free to include subject matter for each source.

This is not a difficult question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it’s not a matter of difficulty - I’m just laughing at the smugness with which you demand answers. I don’t answer to you. Much less when I am on my lunch break. Go bark up another tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it’s not a matter of difficulty - I’m just laughing at the smugness with which you demand answers. I don’t answer to you. Much less when I am on my lunch break. Go bark up another tree.
    I'm just curious. It's a discussion board. You're smugly discussing news sources. You've smugly listed some sources you claim are not legitimate. It's natural to ask what sources you think are legitimate. You smugly act like it's some sort of offense to ask you that simple question.

There's no reason to be a smug little , yet there you are.

Smugly ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your pettiness is comical if your schtick weren’t so pathetic. Again, go bark up another tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your pettiness is comical if your schtick weren’t so pathetic. Again, go bark up another tree.
    Just say you're afraid to list your trusted news sources. It's not like your the only one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The aggrieved critics of media bias become sullen and withdrawn when asked to volunteer unbiased sources.

Every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The aggrieved critics of media bias become sullen and withdrawn when asked to volunteer unbiased sources.

Every time.
    Without exception.

Their cowardice is hilarious, especially after coming out so strongly against the sources they don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that there's some value-free perspective from which to report current events is naive. Mature reading involves a good bit of interpolation from the knowable biases of the reporters.

Relying on a single commentator or group of commentators who share your own bias runs the risk of epistemic closure -- which is just a fancy word for echo chamber or media bubble.

And that's ok. It's ok to be so sold out to your own bias that you don't even realize it is one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not the reason. It’s the absurd nature of control. The same biases are inferred at company levels as they are on personal ones. What’s foolish is the notion that anything or anyone outside of absolute truth itself can dictate the veracity of sources. The same biased dynamic plays out with so called "fact checking" sites or services. Their bias can be pointed out time and time again but they won’t change their ways anymore than they can change who they are. I would call out the naivety of believing that such a task can be objectively performed if not for the fact that most of you all honestly believe it and take them at their word. It’s textbook cognitive dissonance. At least I’m not in denial about evaluating motives, and people’s backgrounds when evaluating a source on a case by case basis.

Every single POLITICO article I’ve read is laced with ideological bias. You all don’t see it because you all agree with those biases. But that is the reason I refuse to read their op-eds anymore. Most of you all don’t embrace the concept of absolute truth either - which is ironic because most of you all approach Christians with absolute disdain. Predictably, without exception, every time.

So yeah forgive me if I don’t buy Chump's “this is a discussion board” excuse for the manner in which he demands that his questions be answered. He has a penchant for being combative and argumentative; which wouldn’t be such negative traits if not for the fact that he's never once on these boards admitted to being wrong about anything. His ways fray on people and I don't have to oblige his rude demands.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 11-19-2019 at 03:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that there's some value-free perspective from which to report current events is naive. Mature reading involves a good bit of interpolation from the knowable biases of the reporters.

Relying on a single commentator or group of commentators who share your own bias runs the risk of epistemic closure -- which is just a fancy word for echo chamber or media bubble.

And that's ok. It's ok to be so sold out to your own bias that you don't even realize it is one.
    Read that instrospectively and that's what I've been telling you all. I've long come to terms with the fact that this dynamic is a two-way street. Many of the board's left-leaning ideologues however, fail to admit this truth precisely because of the second dynamic that most of you all don't want to acknowledge - dismissively even. Namely, that the grand majority of news outlets, media companies, and other publications are all ideologically on the 'same team'. So it would seem that you all are unable to see the inherent danger that comes from having all of those sources echo each other. You all chalk it up to conspiracy talk - but the real dynamic is far simpler: those folks want power and they want it absolutely. That's the connective tissue to the NPR article I posted yesterday. Media conglomeration has mainly benefitted your ideological positions and none of your collective flags have even been raised. You all have become far too complacent in saying "see, so and so said this" without so much as batting an eye towards the biases contained in most of the articles that you all cite. You all take them for their word - and opposing viewpoints must be dismissed and ridiculed.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 11-19-2019 at 03:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not the reason. It’s the absurd nature of control. The same biases are inferred at company levels as they are on personal ones. What’s foolish is the notion that anything or anyone outside of absolute truth itself can dictate the veracity of sources. The same biased dynamic plays out with so called "fact checking" sites or services. Their bias can be pointed out time and time again but they won’t change their ways anymore than they can change who they are. I would call out the naivety of believing that such a task can be objectively performed if not for the fact that most of you all honestly believe it and take them at their word. It’s textbook cognitive dissonance. At least I’m not in denial about evaluating motives, and people’s backgrounds when evaluating a source on a case by case basis.

Every single POLITICO article I’ve read is laced with ideological bias. You all don’t see it because you all agree with those biases. But that is the reason I refuse to read their op-eds anymore. Most of you all don’t embrace the concept of absolute truth either - which is ironic because most of you all approach Christians with absolute disdain. Predictably, without exception, every time.

So yeah forgive me if I don’t buy Chump's “this is a discussion board” excuse for the manner in which he demands that his questions be answered. He has a penchant for being combative and argumentative; which wouldn’t be such negative traits if not for the fact that he's never once on these boards admitted to being wrong about anything. His ways fray on people and I don't have to oblige his rude demands.
    I didn't call you a until you demonstrated how much the question scared you.

I said it was a simple question. It remains a simple question. You aren't willing to engage in a discussion you started.

Basically every Trump supporter does it. They want to stay in their safe space bubbles. That's OK. But don't pretend you're doing it out of some high principle.

You're scared.

Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read that instrospectively and that's what I've been telling you all. I've long come to terms with the fact that this dynamic is a two-way street. Many of the board's left-leaning ideologues however, fail to admit this truth precisely because of the second dynamic that most of you all don't want to acknowledge - dismissively even. Namely, that the grand majority of news outlets, media companies, and other publications are all ideologically on the 'same team'. So it would seem that you all are unable to see the inherent danger that comes from having all of those sources echo each other. You all chalk it up to conspiracy talk - but the real dynamic is far simpler: those folks want power and they want it absolutely. That's the connective tissue to the NPR article I posted yesterday. Media conglomeration has mainly benefitted your ideological positions and none of your collective flags have even been raised. You all have become far too complacent in saying "see, so and so said this" without so much as batting an eye towards the biases contained in most of the articles that you all cite. You all take them for their word - and opposing viewpoints must be dismissed and ridiculed.
    Defining bias as *only* one side of the ideological spectrum and imputing malicious will and credulity exclusively to it looks like bias to me. So does excluding Fox and Sinclair from media consolidation.

For myself I doubt truth or virtue -- or any human frailty -- is distributed according to political orientation. Everyone's flawed and biased.You seem to think the side you're on has a monopoly on everything good.

Vive la difference.

Thread Information