Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - An international investigation into the 2014 downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 on Thursday released a series of phone intercepts, including one between a top aide to Russian President Vladimir Putin and pro-Russian rebels accused in the crash.

Calls between officials in Moscow and pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine mostly took place via secure telephones provided by the Russian security service, and intensified ahead of the disaster in the first half of July 2014, the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) said.

"The indications for close ties between leaders of the DPR (Donetsk People’s Republic) and Russian government officials raise questions about their possible involvement in the deployment of the (missile), which brought down flight MH17 on 17 July 2014," the JIT said.

MH17 was shot out of the sky on July 17, 2014, over territory held by pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine as it flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. All 298 on board died.

The Dutch-led team said the intercepts showed two leaders of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), who were charged with murder in June, had been in contact with Vladislav Surkov, a senior Putin aide, and Sergey Aksyonov, a Russian-appointed leader in Russian-annexed Crimea.

In a conversation on July 3, 2014, prosecutors said Surkov indicated reinforcements would be coming from Russia: "On Saturday they are already departing for the south to be combat ready."

There were calls between rebel forces and authorities in Moscow "on a daily basis to discuss administrative, financial and military matters in the DPR". The JIT released a series of phone numbers, asking witnesses to help identify the callers.

Investigators have previously found that the missile that hit the airplane originated from Russia's Kursk military base, not far from the Ukrainian border. In June, the JIT charged three Russians and a Ukrainian with 298 murders.
    https://news.yahoo.com/mh17-investig...131250317.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “But but - can’t we be friends with Russia?”

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah... let's broker deals to sell them 20% of our Uranium.

errrr… wait.

Communism made a resurgence during the previous administration as indicated by the strengthening of both Russia and China. Communism is intrinsically evil. This "revelation" is not surprising to anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia hasn't been Communist for 20 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

errrr… wait.

Communism made a resurgence during the previous administration as indicated by the strengthening of both Russia and China. Communism is intrinsically evil. This "revelation" is not surprising to anyone.
    you think putin is a communist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

errrr… wait.

Russia is "communist"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phenomanul be like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia hasn't been Communist for 20 years.
    And yet Russia has a "dictator"-like leader, and China has a true "dictator".

The point being that everybody knows that Russia is not on the "up and up". They are an evil administration even if the term Communist is not officially in their le. They operate in very similar ways, with an iron rod of absolute power.

Sometimes you all are so dense, your petty rebuttals miss the point altogether.

Let me simplify even if it means I have to condescend.

Putin's regime is evil. Democrats sold 20% of America's Uranium to Putin's Russia. No leftist-leaning politician in the US challenged the Obama administration's Russia policy. They were lauded for mending bridges, for avoiding "Reganism". At the conclusion of the 2016 US Presidential Election however, the narrative necessitated that Russia be viewed as evil anew. That's why it's absurd to act surprised that MH17 was deliberately shot down. They've always been the same Russia. Same threat in different packaging.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The point being that everybody knows that Russia is not on the "up and up". They are an evil administration even if the term Communist is not officially in their le. They operate in very similar ways, with an iron rod of absolute power.

Putin's regime is evil. Democrats sold 20% of America's Uranium to Putin's Russia. No leftist-leaning politician in the US challenged the Obama administration's Russia policy. They were lauded for mending bridges, for avoiding "Reganism". At the conclusion of the 2016 US Presidential Election however, the narrative necessitated that Russia be viewed as evil anew. That's why it's absurd to act surprised that MH17 was deliberately shot down. They've always been the same Russia. Same threat in different packaging.
    You keep saying Democrats sold 20% of US uranium to Russia.

Exactly how do you think that works?

I'm pretty sure you have no idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your rebuttal point was almost exclusively about communism

errrr… wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your rebuttal point was almost exclusively about communism
    Not necessarily. I'm connecting two points. That Putin's government is evil and that the revelation that his administration is connected to a crime shouldn't be surprising to ANYONE. The deliberate downing of a passenger plane only reveals that they honestly don't care about ethics. The connecting point was that the last US administration let them build up massive power without so much as a deterrent. They were enablers, going so far as to do the unthinkable - sell them rights to our Uranium, knowingly compromising America's national security interests in the process. The fact that I mentioned communism was merely an afterthought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. I'm connecting two points. That Putin's government is evil and that the revelation that his administration is connected to a crime shouldn't be surprising to ANYONE. The deliberate downing of a passenger plane only reveals that they honestly don't care about ethics. The connecting point was that the last US administration let them build up massive power without so much as a deterrent. They were enablers, going so far as to do the unthinkable - sell them rights to our Uranium, knowingly compromising America's national security interests in the process. The fact that I mentioned communism was merely an afterthought.
    you still havent explained the uranium stuff at all, despite being asked about it more than once

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should ask him about demons in Mexico tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “But but - can’t we be friends with Russia?”

Symbolic reset
    On 6 March 2009 in Geneva, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton presented Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov with a red button with the English word "reset" and the Roman alphabet transliteration of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet word перегрузка ("peregruzka".) It was intended that this would be the Russian word for "reset" but actually was the word for "overload".[1] (The correct translation would be перезагрузка ["perezagruzka"].)

way to kick your own ass

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Symbolic reset
    On 6 March 2009 in Geneva, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton presented Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov with a red button with the English word "reset" and the Roman alphabet transliteration of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet word перегрузка ("peregruzka".) It was intended that this would be the Russian word for "reset" but actually was the word for "overload".[1] (The correct translation would be перезагрузка ["perezagruzka"].)

way to kick your own ass

Russia invaded Crimea years after the USA tried to “reset” relations dumb

essentially destroying the goodwill they might have earned

your hero actually cheers russian aggression

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By sending them actual weapons with which to defend themselves? The last administration sent them blankets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a point, Spurs Homer.

Obama overruled Biden and the foreign service consensus by not sending Javelin missiles to Ukraine. He didn't want to escalate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By sending them actual weapons with which to defend themselves? The last administration sent them blankets.
    #1) ukraine had to STOP COOPERATING with the Mueller investigation in order to get those weapons...

and

#2) there was a caveat - ukraine could not use those weapons against - wait for it -
    ...here it comes....

yup - RUSSIA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Communism made a resurgence during the previous administration as indicated by the strengthening of both Russia and China. Communism is intrinsically evil.
    Goddamn, you Bible humpers are all ING STUPID

Godless communism?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a point, Spurs Homer.

Obama overruled Biden and the foreign service consensus by not sending Javelin missiles to Ukraine. He didn't want to escalate.

aside from those two reasons stated right after your post...

#3 - Ukraine had to allow Konstantin Kilimnik - who was wanted by the Mueller investigators - to slip across the border into -
    wait for it.... you guessed it - RUSSIA!

That was revealed in one of the hearing transcripts - so we might get some more info on that in the public hearings...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1) ukraine had to STOP COOPERATING with the Mueller investigation in order to get those weapons...

and

#2) there was a caveat - ukraine could not use those weapons against - wait for it -
    ...here it comes....

yup - RUSSIA
    See... now you're just making stuff up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See... now you're just making stuff up.
    its in one of the hearing transcripts -

stay tuned for more to be unearthed

Believe.
    My Team