Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Thoughts? I mean you just can't ing do that. I wouldn't be surprised if that's his last game tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A minimum 8-12 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if something longer happened... even a lifetime ban.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    The Browns will cut him today to start with. Then they will just go from there.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    And Deion Sanders trying to blame Rudolph. What a ing got.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm surprised at a lot of the reactions tbh. I think him missing 3-4 games is appropriate but people calling for Mason to press charges and talking about assault is ridiculous.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And Deion Sanders trying to blame Rudolph. What a ing got.
    Well he did start it then got up and ran up on Garrett. What exactly was Mason Rudolph going to do in that situation??? Once the helmet came off he should have just let his teammates handle it. Why get into a fight with no helmet?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Browns will cut him today to start with. Then they will just go from there.
    Eh, can't put anything past Cleveland, but Garret likely isn't going anywhere. He'll be suspended 4-8 games (likely 6) and be back next year. It wasn't good and could have been horrible. But everyone will live and learn.

Also, yes Rudolph was acting like an idiot there. He deserves to be punished, even though Garret will and should get a way worse punishment.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet and also kicked him in the groin. Then continued to escalate the situation without his helmet. It doesn't excuse Garrett's actions, but let's not act like Rudolph was some innocent party here.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For comparison, Kyle Long got 1 game suspension for the exact same thing. It was only a preseason game too

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears offensive guard Kyle Long expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.

"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."

The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton. During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.

Long watched the rest of the scrimmage from the sideline and then stayed behind -- per the team's wishes -- when the Bears traveled to New Jersey the following day for their second preseason game against the New York Giants.

"As a rule of thumb, if you're going to use another piece of equipment, don't do that," Long said. "I mean, honestly somebody could get hurt. That's why I'm saying it's unfortunate. Can't happen, unacceptable. Gotta move forward, have to be able to channel that between the whistles."

Long's brief hiatus ended when he returned to practice on Tuesday.

"As you guys know, this is a league about action, it's not a league about talking about it," Long said. "The thing I need to continue to do is go out on a day-to-day basis and try to prove to the men in this locker room that don't know me very well and who have some questions about my character, and just try to move forward and prove to them the man I am on a daily basis. It was wrong what I did, and in a lapse of judgment, that's where I ended up, and it reflected poorly on the organization, the city, the offensive line room and that was never my intention. Moving forward, I intend to make amends."

Aside from last week's incident, Long, 30, had been enjoying his best training camp in years. The former 2013 first-round pick is finally healthy after battling a slew of serious injuries that limited him to 26 regular-season games from 2016 to 2018. And despite being asked to take a paycut in the offseason, Long is firmly entrenched as the Bears' starting right guard.

"The last time I was in pads every day and practicing every day was my rookie year," Long said. "I haven't done that in a long time. And it feels pretty darn good. I put this camp up with any of them that I've been a part of."

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    He's lucky the helmet just grazed Rudolph's head. If it lands cleanly on the hard part, you can easily knock someone out and damage their brain doing that .

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Indefinite suspension

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Complete BS that Pouncey was suspended for 3 games without pay. These guys in the NFL front office need to look at the context of the situation

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just heard on the radio the league is seriously going to consider a lifetime ban on Garrett.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Complete BS that Pouncey was suspended for 3 games without pay. These guys in the NFL front office need to look at the context of the situation
    Yeah, no. Pouncey was stomping a dude in the head. "Context" is why he gets to come back this year at all.

It's not "justified" to retaliate like that. The idea that linemen should get into fights to protect their QB has been stupid since the league started doing it for them.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Best decision the league has made this year

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Just heard on the radio the league is seriously going to consider a lifetime ban on Garrett.
    Nah. They'd lose that battle in court. He'll be back next season unless he self-destructs way more than he has. His suspension is 6-plus. It's not actually indefinite in the sense that the league hasn't decided his fate yet. He'll have to apply to come back, but if the league actually decides to change the penalty, he'll sue and win/settle just like Ray Rice did.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    if vontaze burfict gets suspended for an entire season for a helmet to helmet hit that should be the minimum for garrett tbh

im frankly more surprised that mason rudolph seems to be getting off scot-free

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    For comparison, Kyle Long got 1 game suspension for the exact same thing. It was only a preseason game too

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears offensive guard Kyle Long expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.

"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."

The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton. During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.

Long watched the rest of the scrimmage from the sideline and then stayed behind -- per the team's wishes -- when the Bears traveled to New Jersey the following day for their second preseason game against the New York Giants.

"As a rule of thumb, if you're going to use another piece of equipment, don't do that," Long said. "I mean, honestly somebody could get hurt. That's why I'm saying it's unfortunate. Can't happen, unacceptable. Gotta move forward, have to be able to channel that between the whistles."

Long's brief hiatus ended when he returned to practice on Tuesday.

"As you guys know, this is a league about action, it's not a league about talking about it," Long said. "The thing I need to continue to do is go out on a day-to-day basis and try to prove to the men in this locker room that don't know me very well and who have some questions about my character, and just try to move forward and prove to them the man I am on a daily basis. It was wrong what I did, and in a lapse of judgment, that's where I ended up, and it reflected poorly on the organization, the city, the offensive line room and that was never my intention. Moving forward, I intend to make amends."

Aside from last week's incident, Long, 30, had been enjoying his best training camp in years. The former 2013 first-round pick is finally healthy after battling a slew of serious injuries that limited him to 26 regular-season games from 2016 to 2018. And despite being asked to take a paycut in the offseason, Long is firmly entrenched as the Bears' starting right guard.

"The last time I was in pads every day and practicing every day was my rookie year," Long said. "I haven't done that in a long time. And it feels pretty darn good. I put this camp up with any of them that I've been a part of."

Scrimmage is not the same as a nationally televised game....you know this.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    if vontaze burfict gets suspended for an entire season for a helmet to helmet hit that should be the minimum for garrett tbh

im frankly more surprised that mason rudolph seems to be getting off scot-free
    Burfict didn't get suspended at all until he did that multiple times. It's not really comparable.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Burfict didn't get suspended at all until he did that multiple times. It's not really comparable.
    regardless, what he did was still in the context of playing football and happened while making tackles during live play

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    regardless, what he did was still in the context of playing football and happened while making tackles during live play
    Not really. Burfict didn't get suspended for hitting a guy during a play. He got suspended for flagrantly disregarding warnings from the league over the course of many years and refusing to stop head-hunting. Being a repeat offender matters, especially when you're as prolific as Vontaze.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Not really. Burfict didn't get suspended for hitting a guy during a play. He got suspended for flagrantly disregarding warnings from the league over the course of many years and refusing to stop head-hunting. Being a repeat offender matters, especially when you're as prolific as Vontaze.
    i didnt say they were clean plays, and they were illegal/penalized hits. it still comes within the context of making a tackle in a play. its like comparing a repeat flagrant fouler in the NBA to a guy that throws a punch well after the whistle

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Didnt do nuthin

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    i didnt say they were clean plays, and they were illegal/penalized hits. it still comes within the context of making a tackle in a play. its like comparing a repeat flagrant fouler in the NBA to a guy that throws a punch well after the whistle
    Man, no. It's like those people bringing Gordon into it. Repeatedly breaking the rules is going to eventually lead to a worse punishment than a first offense for a "worse" act. Burfict repeatedly hurting people for years is why he got the hammer. He just doesn't give a damn about the damage he does. Maybe the like 11th time will be the charm.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    assault with a deadly weapon

The hammer will be heavy.

Thread Information