Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    I get that they want to shut this down and make sure nobody ever dares do it again, but a lifetime ban seems crazy for this. A calendar year suspension seems appropriate tbh.

He's lucky the helmet just grazed Rudolph's head. If it lands cleanly on the hard part, you can easily knock someone out and damage their brain doing that .
    But it didn't just graze it. The angle where the Rudolph is directly between Myles and the camera shows the strike and his head definitely bends. Lucky it didn't hit the temple part or other softer part of his skull. Regardless, Rudolph just had a blow out concussion like a month ago, didn't he? This could have definitely ed that some more.

Goodell is a jellyfish, this we know. He and the owners will act strictly according to the market. With the trend among moms and pops with kids and others nationwide to getting away from concussionball, pretty sure they will have to make some *statement* and make the end of the season ban stick. They will reevalute what public perception and ticket and ad sales are at that time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get that they want to shut this down and make sure nobody ever dares do it again, but a lifetime ban seems crazy for this. A calendar year suspension seems appropriate tbh.
    IDK...there aren't many employers who would let you come back if you brought a football helmet to work and hit someone in the head with it.

Post Count
    IDK...there aren't many employers who would let you come back if you brought a football helmet to work and hit someone in the head with it.
    Michael Irvin did it and only got a $12,000 fine.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Michael Irvin did it and only got a $12,000 fine.
    So that's one.

Post Count
    The only one that matters here.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    There needs to be some sort of a repeat offender angle for a lifetime ban to be considered imo. The fact that Garrett has had a clean track record prior to this means a calendar year is probably appropriate imo.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Browns will cut him today to start with. Then they will just go from there.
    Sadly no. They signed Kareem Hunt when nobody else wanted him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But it didn't just graze it. The angle where the Rudolph is directly between Myles and the camera shows the strike and his head definitely bends. Lucky it didn't hit the temple part or other softer part of his skull. Regardless, Rudolph just had a blow out concussion like a month ago, didn't he? This could have definitely ed that some more.

Goodell is a jellyfish, this we know. He and the owners will act strictly according to the market. With the trend among moms and pops with kids and others nationwide to getting away from concussionball, pretty sure they will have to make some *statement* and make the end of the season ban stick. They will reevalute what public perception and ticket and ad sales are at that time.
    The thing is, the NFLPA won't be there to help out Garrett this time (as it was player-on-player violence, not player vs. refs or player vs. league stuff, off-field suspension stuff) so if they took his side that would be a bad look because Rudolph is also a fellow player, a quarterback no less.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Yeah, no. Pouncey was stomping a dude in the head. "Context" is why he gets to come back this year at all.

It's not "justified" to retaliate like that. The idea that linemen should get into fights to protect their QB has been stupid since the league started doing it for them.
    Yeah, no. He took one kick that probably didn't even land when Garrett had his helmet on. C'mon, he just watched his quarterback literally get assaulted. The usual "pushing and shoving" doesn't suffice. If I was a lineman, I would've done the same thing. I think throwing punches after a situation like that would be the normal reaction

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    He'll be suspended for the rest of the year, as he should be, and he'll be reinstated by Week 5 of 2020 (10 games) at the latest, imo. Garrett didn't have a bad reputation going into this. Over time the hot takes will cool down and the people screaming about it on social media will get the dopamine rush out of their system.

FWIW I thought Warren Sapp destroying Chad Clifton was worse, and Albert Haynesworth stomping Andre Gurode in the head was a lot worse, IMO.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Assault charges should be filed for that.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rudolph instigated it tbh. He seems like a stupid prick too, if you watch him play he's annoying as and his throws injure his own players he's that stupid. I bet he talked mad that started this whole thing. But the punishment for Garrett was appropriate. But Rudolph needed some punishment as well for fighting.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    https://sports.theonion.com/nfl-resc...oot-1839896771

NFL Rescinds Myles Garrett Suspension After Review Footage Clearly Shows Mason Rudolph’s Punchable ing Face

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he does have a punchable face like a preppy 8th grade spring dance king/student council president.

This one is good too:

https://sports.theonion.com/lions-sw...-tr-1839755991

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "If you're not coaching it, you're allowing it to happen, and when I watch the Cleveland Browns, I see a lot of stuff being allowed to happen, whether it's clown shoes, visors, whatever it may be," Haley told SiriusXM. "Myles Garrett hitting the quarterback low, hitting the quarterback in the head, it's happening too much."

Browns are so desperate they allow the prisoners to run the asylum

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    10 game ban seems appropriate. The fact that it was a stand alone game plays a huge part in it too bc the NFL took a huge media hit.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Black privilege

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    (one week later)

"oh by the way I just remembered after talking to my lawyer! he called me a ni**er"

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Justice for Jussie and Myles

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    playing the nigger card because you can't control your inner Shaka Zulu

Veteran
    Post Count
    Didn't Rudolph recently release a statement he is forgiving and forgetting?

Rudolph not getting punished, while that Browns linemen got suspended a game is an egregious example of privilege. Rudolph started this entire thing by severely overreacting due to frustration after an embarrassing performance.

Garrett shouldn't receive more than 6 games, based on precedence. There have been worse incidents with less punishment, even ignoring off-field .

The outrage about this is pathetic, btw. All these pussies on twitter losing their minds over a fight where the instigator lost.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rudolph not getting punished, while that Browns linemen got suspended a game is an egregious example of privilege. Rudolph started this entire thing by severely overreacting due to frustration after an embarrassing performance.

Garrett shouldn't receive more than 6 games, based on precedence. There have been worse incidents with less punishment, even ignoring off-field .

The outrage about this is pathetic, btw. All these pussies on twitter losing their minds over a fight where the instigator lost.
    If the racial slurs aren't proven true, he should get a full season

Thread Information