My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, watching how cohesive these 2019-20 Celtics are, how they play bigger than the sum of their parts, and how different the same three or four players look wearing green from how they looked in red, white, and blue this summer, it occurs to me that coaching was probably the biggest deficiency that led to Team USA’s record-setting poor performance. I think Gregg Popovich is in decline, and this probably should be his last year coaching in the NBA. Sadly, he’s probably going to end with a whimper, being the coach of the first USA Olympic basketball team not to medal next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could also credit coach Pop for those Celtic players making a leap this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could also credit coach Pop for those Celtic players making a leap this year
    Exactly. The Celtics looked disjointed all of last year, too. Either Kyrie leaving fixed everything or the Celtics learned a bit playing for Pop.

It was probably Kyrie leaving () but, still, it's not like the Celtics were great then struggled at the World cup and then were great again. They were a disjointed mess in step one, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics looked pretty good in the playoffs two years ago after Kancer Kyrie got hurt. So this isn’t so much a jump as a return to the status quo ante for them.

I brushed off the World Cup debacle to lack of talent (“If you can’t win with Mason Plumlee, then who can you win with?”), but now I don’t know. I see with my own eyes the unbalanced roster and ill-fitting lineups. I see “pets” not being held accountable while young players get blown up publicly. I see the creativity and resourcefulness of the past yielding to stubbornness and intransigence.

I mean, you knew the Spurs were doomed to mediocrity for a while after #2 pulled his B.S., but I at least expected them to look plucky in the process. These guys look like they’re totally lost and have just quit on Pop.

I see all the changes typical in people’s behavior when they hit that age, whether it’s 70, 75, or whenever it hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics looked pretty good in the playoffs two years ago after Kancer Kyrie got hurt. So this isn’t so much a jump as a return to the status quo ante for them.

I brushed off the World Cup debacle to lack of talent (“If you can’t win with Mason Plumlee, then who can you win with?”), but now I don’t know. I see with my own eyes the unbalanced roster and ill-fitting lineups. I see “pets” not being held accountable while young players get blown up publicly. I see the creativity and resourcefulness of the past yielding to stubbornness and intransigence.

I mean, you knew the Spurs were doomed to mediocrity for a while after #2 pulled his B.S., but I at least expected them to look plucky in the process. These guys look like they’re totally lost and have just quit on Pop.

I see all the changes typical in people’s behavior when they hit that age, whether it’s 70, 75, or whenever it hits.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The Celtics looked disjointed all of last year, too. Either Kyrie leaving fixed everything or the Celtics learned a bit playing for Pop.

It was probably Kyrie leaving () but, still, it's not like the Celtics were great then struggled at the World cup and then were great again. They were a disjointed mess in step one, tbh.

Forgot the blue font tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The international compe ion was better than this sh** NBA compe ion, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably didn't realize how good they had it with Stevens.

I'm sure when training camp started, they were probably reminded what a modern NBA system looks like and how different it must be to have the best players actually be in the rotation

But yeah Kyrie the Cancer leaving probably helped too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving Pop credit for the Celtics looking good when his own team is one of the worst in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving Pop credit for the Celtics looking good when his own team is one of the worst in the league.
    These people are hilarious.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The delusion goes deep with the sniffers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop is toxic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And when they kicked the out of us as well lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah.

Weak take by OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Celtics have started off the past few years as fool's gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, watching how cohesive these 2019-20 Celtics are, how they play bigger than the sum of their parts, and how different the same three or four players look wearing green from how they looked in red, white, and blue this summer, it occurs to me that coaching was probably the biggest deficiency that led to Team USA’s record-setting poor performance. I think Gregg Popovich is in decline, and this probably should be his last year coaching in the NBA. Sadly, he’s probably going to end with a whimper, being the coach of the first USA Olympic basketball team not to medal next year.
    sup Koolaid man

Thread Information