Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if pop is trying to compete or working towards the future. Trey Lyles starting makes me think the latter. But he is playing Marco while benching Carroll. I don't think he knows what he is doing. Or he just doesn't care anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very few newcomers to the Spurs really shine right off the bat. But Lyles has looked solid from the beginning and continues to show steady improvement. By the end of the season he will shine. People want to see Lonnie get a lot of minutes to improve yet he has not looked nearly as good as Lyles has looked from the get-go. And people are ready to -can Lyles instead of projecting his improvement. SMH.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't we just sign him for one year? Looks like he'll be a one and done player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to say he's been a nightmare, would be on the conservative side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't we just sign him for one year? Looks like he'll be a one and done player.
    It's a 2 yr contract, but the 2nd year is not guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bar is so low for this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bar is so low for this team
    Sniiffer: He starts for our lottery team, that means 20 other teams will start him today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That San Antonio weed must be ass for you guys to think Lyles is playing great... Dude makes zero impact

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That San Antonio weed must be ass for you guys to think Lyles is playing great... Dude makes zero impact
    I’m in Canada, the weed here is great. And so is Lyles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, PJ Tucker, Gallinari, Marcus Morris, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Siakam, Giannis, Kawhi, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Sabonis, Taurean Prince, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker, Kevin Love, Markkanen, Saric, Horford, Kleber, Jaren Jackson, Draymond Green, Rui Hachimura, Covington, Millsap, Bjelica

That's 26 starting PFs who are better than him. And he's not really better than Meyers Leonard or Royce O'Neal either. So the only team besides the Spurs that would start him are the Portland Trail Blazers cause they are about to start Melo. He's one of the 2 worst starting PFs in the NBA and that doesn't even include bench players who are better than him, but somehow Spurs fans are in love with below average role players
    yeah, he doesn't exactly look like a top 10 PF out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, PJ Tucker, Gallinari, Marcus Morris, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Siakam, Giannis, Kawhi, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Sabonis, Taurean Prince, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker, Kevin Love, Markkanen, Saric, Horford, Kleber, Jaren Jackson, Draymond Green, Rui Hachimura, Covington, Millsap, Bjelica

That's 26 starting PFs who are better than him. And he's not really better than Meyers Leonard or Royce O'Neal either. So the only team besides the Spurs that would start him are the Portland Trail Blazers cause they are about to start Melo. He's one of the 2 worst starting PFs in the NBA and that doesn't even include bench players who are better than him, but somehow Spurs fans are in love with below average role players
    exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This team starts Bryn Forbes, a borderline NBA player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team starts Bryn Forbes, a borderline NBA player
    Murray/Forbes might be the worst back court in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey is averaging half the points this season in the same amount of minutes he has had the past several seasons. This is partly because of his slow start on offense. Its worth noting hes averaging double the rebounds. If his ppg gets back to his average by having more nights like last night, that would be huge for the bench. His 3s and that fast break dunk last night was huge.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pleasantly surprised to see the contribution of Trey lyles, he seems to as Pop used to say.."gotten over himself", the fact he is a bust of a lottery talent. But with some stability he might turn into a solid role player on the right team. What does that say about Metu still languishing at the end of the bench, and occasionally in the Gleague. Has he not improved or simply cant get an opportunity, with guys ahead of him, like Trey, Rudy, and of course LaMarcus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent prospect, would have to develop/improve over at least 2 more years to be legitimately startable (even though this team has started random dudes a lot)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a team where mediocre talent can be serviceable so long as they don't make mistakes.

Lyles is a better talent though than Kyle Anderson. Spurs got a lot of mileage from Anderson despite his lack of talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never got on the Lyles hate bandwagon even when he wasn't hitting threes early in the season. He looks like a solid pro to me. Jack of all trades kind of guy. His stroke looks sweet too, I think he can eventually be a 40%+ three-point shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing better every game despite being moved from starting to DNP CD to the end of the bench to second unit minutes. He rebounds well, he's shooting with confidence, he looks better into the offensive and defensive schemes than some others playing 3rd or 4th season in San Antonio.

Good profesional and good role player. I believe he fits better in the starting line up than Gay, Liles can play decent defense but Rudy can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lulz. This tweet was bad when written and is aging even worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles would be a better player if he had more offensive opportunities, being on the floor with Aldridge limits his impact. Getting rid of Aldridge would be an addition by subtraction, we can get back to team ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't look now, but Lyles is currently averaging 39.1% from three...which would be a career-best for him if he can keep it up.

Obviously not the volume shooter Bertans was, but good to see his stroke coming back to form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be a better defender than Carroll too. The difference between the 2 was super obvious during the Rockets game although I think Carroll would play better if he had a consistent role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing better every game despite being moved from starting to DNP CD to the end of the bench to second unit minutes. He rebounds well, he's shooting with confidence, he looks better into the offensive and defensive schemes than some others playing 3rd or 4th season in San Antonio.

Good profesional and good role player. I believe he fits better in the starting line up than Gay, Liles can play decent defense but Rudy can't.
    well said.

I'm hoping for a Danny Green like resurrection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I disagree with that. Lyles fits way better next to Poeltl, both on offense and defense. He's also miles better offensively going against opposing benches and he makes energy plays, which is what you want from your subs to get some juice

Thread Information