Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with that. Lyles fits way better next to Poeltl, both on offense and defense. He's also miles better offensively going against opposing benches and he makes energy plays, which is what you want from your subs to get some juice
    Don’t you think Gay fits better with Poetl offensively because of the amount of ball/shots both need? Rudy provides range but also play making it the second unit whilst Liles acts as a spot up shooter and offensive rebounder as starter. I think our offense is more balanced in both units with Gay coming off the bench.

In the other end, Gay is one of the worst defensive players of the roster: slow away from the basket and forgetful and inattentive away from the ball (weak side, screens, transition defense). Liles at least is usually focused and executes well and he’s more agile as well.

Liles did well rebounding as well. Yes he struggled against All-Star PF, but Rudy would do it as well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is not ideal as a starter that is true. But playing in an iso-offense with DeRozan and Aldridge usually results in one of those 3 having the mismatch. They were very efficient doing that last year, whoever had the mismatch got the ball in the post. Playing with Poeltl unleashes Lyles 3-point shooting cause Poeltl plays closer to the rim and Lyles can get open easier cause the bench plays more of a motion offense. Also him and Poeltl are both good offensive rebounders and the bench got more 3-point shooting than the starters. Lyles as a starter is literally the worst starting PF in the NBA.
    As I said starting Gay ain't ideal, but I prefer that. What's concerning to me is that his 3-point shooting has fallen off a cliff recently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching the Memphis game, I still think Lyles is an upgrade over sh!t pile Kyle.. #thankyouGrizz!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes a ty diaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Diaw would’ve been multiple all-star selection if he’s not such a slacker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's solid and Pop doesn't overuse him. If he's struggling with his offense, like he was yesterday, Pop has no problem going with Rudy or sliding DeRozan over to the 4. Some people are too hard on him, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's solid and Pop doesn't overuse him. If he's struggling with his offense, like he was yesterday, Pop has no problem going with Rudy or sliding DeRozan over to the 4. Some people are too hard on him, imo.
    thats because he's not just trey lyles

he is trey "not davis bertans" lyles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Forbes and Beli are gone the next upgrade needs to happen for Lyles and Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Def a homeless mans diaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worst starting PF in the league. Ok player, who you wouldn't mind to have on the team as a bench piece, but not good enough to be starting. Still miles better than Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who doesn't people on this board on 24/7!?! Lyles is playing his role perfectly an getting better an better under Timmy. You can see his confidence growing as we get further and further into the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am not a fan of lyles, but he at least is solid and not the main problem of the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not a fan of lyles, but he at least is solid and not the main problem of the spurs.
    Avg 5pt and 6reb at below avg % without giving any defensive stats. Yes, he is a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avg 5pt and 6reb at below avg % without giving any defensive stats. Yes, he is a problem.
    Name other players from another team that's a non superstar in his situation putting up better numbers. I'll wait.... He's playing more consistently than that 100 million dollar player Draymond green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name other players from another team that's a non superstar in his situation putting up better numbers. I'll wait.... He's playing more consistently than that 100 million dollar player Draymond green.
    Name one starting PF who's worse than Trey Lyles. I'll wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name one starting PF who's worse than Trey Lyles. I'll wait
    Draymond green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah a former DPOY and All-Star is worse than Trey Lyles. What kinda drugs do you use?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah a former DPOY and All-Star is worse than Trey Lyles. What kinda drugs do you use?
    Maybe you haven't watched him lately....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zubac
    Zeller
    Baynes
    Dieng
    Mavs have three that are giving more production.
    Morris twins
    Jarrett Allen
    Alex Len

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keyword former, and if you put Lyles on a court with Steph, Klay, and Durant, I bet he’d look like a world beater. It’s amazing how easy it is to score n the NBA when no one is paying any attention to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lyles, and I think he is improving - especially for a new guy to the team. ST is just impatient with him, although I admit I expected a little more progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zubac
    Zeller
    Baynes
    Dieng
    Mavs have three that are giving more production.
    Morris twins
    Jarrett Allen
    Alex Len
    Mutha a I said 1, you named 8 with yo smart ass... lmmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keyword former, and if you put Lyles on a court with Steph, Klay, and Durant, I bet he’d look like a world beater. It’s amazing how easy it is to score n the NBA when no one is paying any attention to you.
    the lack of basketball knowledge on this forum is truly ridiculous. He was in the DPOY race last year, not 10 years ago

I like Lyles, and I think he is improving - especially for a new guy to the team. ST is just impatient with him, although I admit I expected a little more progress.
    I'm not saying he's bad or that I don't like him. I'm simply saying by NBA standards he's the worst starting PF in the league. If you look at the quality other teams got at that position, he should not be in the starting line up.

Thread Information