Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/trey-lyles...sant-surprise/

Lyles has exceeded expectations already and should continue to improve as the season wears on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm feeling this dude. He's not gonna do anything sexy, but he does come to play. I wanted Rudy to start over him at 1st, nut we need Rudy's scoring off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see any compe ive fire from him in any of the open runs I was watching this offseason so i'm definitely pleasantly surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is playing for his NBA career. I think that fact finally hit him. And for his production, we got him at a bargain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how he’s responded to the challenge (Europe or China could’ve been his next stint if it didn’t pan out). He was heavily recruited in high school at PF, but forced to play small forward with Kentucky already had multiple bigs. I think it allowed Trey to get even better with ballhandling and drive to the basket. I surely hope it continous, maybe we don’t need to trade for Aaron Gordon. I like what I’m seeing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no team in the NBA would start him, but of course Pop does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is playing for his NBA career. I think that fact finally hit him. And for his production, we got him at a bargain
    He may be playing for his NBA career, but he is showing no desperation or panic or fear of failure. He is playing very smoothly. I expect he will continue to improve as the season wears on and he gains more experience and comfort in the Spurs' system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no team in the NBA would start him, but of course Pop does
    No one would have before, but he's kicking ass, and I'll bet 20+ teams would start him NOW. He's the prototypical modern day stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the article.

I’m definitely surprised by Lyles play and very impressed by his rebounding. Like you said he’s leading the team in rebounding at 8 per game and is doing it in only 20 minutes of play and has 4 double digit rebound games. LA is averaging 32 min and hasn’t recorded a single double digit rebounding game this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he’s the bright spot, you know the team sucks lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one would have before, but he's kicking ass, and I'll bet 20+ teams would start him NOW. He's the prototypical modern day stretch 4.

yeah he's kicking ass scoring 4.6 points per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s shooting better and has adapted to fit in and do what’s required but his defensive numbers are boosted by rebounding. Any skilled big owns him tbh. Still much better than he looked early on when he didn’t want to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as i saw that video of him praising Tim, i had a good feeling spurs could develop his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep he has been a good addition. It may get ugly at times when he guards good offensive PFs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he's kicking ass scoring 4.6 points per game
    A little come back to earth moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF - I don't think he'd start for 2/3 of the league.

He's been a pleasant surprise in that he hasn't been completely horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, PJ Tucker, Gallinari, Marcus Morris, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Siakam, Giannis, Kawhi, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Sabonis, Taurean Prince, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker, Kevin Love, Markkanen, Saric, Horford, Kleber, Jaren Jackson, Draymond Green, Rui Hachimura, Covington, Millsap, Bjelica

That's 26 starting PFs who are better than him. And he's not really better than Meyers Leonard or Royce O'Neal either. So the only team besides the Spurs that would start him are the Portland Trail Blazers cause they are about to start Melo. He's one of the 2 worst starting PFs in the NBA and that doesn't even include bench players who are better than him, but somehow Spurs fans are in love with below average role players

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not jumping on this bandwagon, as stated above he might be the worst starting PF in the league. Only reason he starts for us is because he moves slightly faster then Rudy Gay on defense and that’s not saying much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol looking good on arguably the worst team in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked pretty calm in the clutch tonight. Good sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's proven useful but still not worthy of being a starter on most playoff teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Lyles, I wish I could say the same for a lot of our other players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seems to be able to jump well at the right moment to snag the rebound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Gordon, PJ Tucker, Gallinari, Marcus Morris, Hayward, Anthony Davis, Siakam, Giannis, Kawhi, Blake Griffin, Al Horford, Sabonis, Taurean Prince, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker, Kevin Love, Markkanen, Saric, Horford, Kleber, Jaren Jackson, Draymond Green, Rui Hachimura, Covington, Millsap, Bjelica

That's 26 starting PFs who are better than him. And he's not really better than Meyers Leonard or Royce O'Neal either. So the only team besides the Spurs that would start him are the Portland Trail Blazers cause they are about to start Melo. He's one of the 2 worst starting PFs in the NBA and that doesn't even include bench players who are better than him, but somehow Spurs fans are in love with below average role players
    word

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be deep on the bench for any other team(especially a playoff team), but for the Spurs he starts...

Thread Information