Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, I mean I know he is trying to win, but how else can you generate any interest in the market if you don't showcase the product?
    Still with the CIA Pop take, I see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah playing athletic players who can throw down crazy dunks and jump out the gym definitely shouldn't play if you are trying to fill seats. Play the unathletic white guy instead
    Your speaking to the board, most fans at the games don't know half the roster at this point. The fans know LMA, DDR, Gay, Ferrari(a spurs champion).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't agree with the rocks aspect. Pop is showcasing the talent on the block, plain and simple. They will get offers and unload when the price is right, period.
    so what you are saying is that Pop tries to fill the seats in the arena, but at the same time showcases players who he wants to trade, which results into losses and those players looking worse than they actually are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your speaking to the board, most fans at the games don't know half the roster at this point. The fans know LMA, DDR, Gay, Ferrari(a spurs champion).
    so that's why there are Lonnie chants at every game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re talking nose bleed fans. The suits want people in the lower bowl. The place is always half empty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re talking nose bleed fans. The suits want people in the lower bowl. The place is always half empty.
    I don't know, I sat at retirement in ATT suite, most in there didn't give a and clearly didn't know who was on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so what you are saying is that Pop tries to fill the seats in the arena, but at the same time showcases players who he wants to trade, which results into losses and those players looking worse than they actually are?
    GOAT coaching the way he knows how. His records speak for themselves. However, as my OG post points out, it is clear PATFO knows this group is done, and showcasing is part of the hustle. We've been the best for years at the game, I am not going to doubt them now, especially when you accept the fact that this season is a wash.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan as assistant coach was all the evidence I needed to confirm this is pop's last year. There is no way Duncan would've agreed to coach otherwise. That guy doesn't want to coach. He just wants to be around pop for his last season.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan as assistant coach was all the evidence I needed to confirm this is pop's last year. There is no way Duncan would've agreed to coach otherwise. That guy doesn't want to coach. He just wants to be around pop for his last season.
    I don't know that I would go that far, I don't see him as a good bench coach.... I easily see him as a great skills and position coach and being really good at that. Its a different skill and mindset that being an X's an O's head coach and watching the players to gauge flow of game, demeanor, morale, and match-ups. Now I can hardly see a spurs organization that could announce we are hiring Duncan as a coach but not putting him on the Bench and letting the fans remember Duncan. Its a strange position to put a guy in. If his college team was a second tier MAC or Conference USA team I could see him doing that for a few years. There is also a decent chance that he decides he should be the Best at what he is doing gets serious and becomes much more valuable on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he would quit right now tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so that's why there are Lonnie chants at every game?
    there are 2 SaBoys in here? Walker sucks, he worst than Beli and that's why the scrub is on the bench.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that I would go that far, I don't see him as a good bench coach.... I easily see him as a great skills and position coach and being really good at that. Its a different skill and mindset that being an X's an O's head coach and watching the players to gauge flow of game, demeanor, morale, and match-ups. Now I can hardly see a spurs organization that could announce we are hiring Duncan as a coach but not putting him on the Bench and letting the fans remember Duncan. Its a strange position to put a guy in. If his college team was a second tier MAC or Conference USA team I could see him doing that for a few years. There is also a decent chance that he decides he should be the Best at what he is doing gets serious and becomes much more valuable on the bench.
    What I mean is Duncan does not seem like a guy that has any interest in coaching. I think he's doing this because he knows it's pop's last season and wants to be around for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden era ended in 2016 with Duncs retirement.

Kawhi made a valiant effort to keep it going but got Zaza'd.

The stuff since then has been and is brown, not golden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really can't argue with what you said, but the truth is neph really ed this franchise and everything after was managing the fallout. NO franchise would recover from what he did, and yet we are still relevant. I suspect this is the year we purge the vets of any consequence (DDR and LMA), and we move boldly forward. I really wouldn't be shocked to see Pop still manage this team into the tournament. But we shall see.
    Kobe did worse to LA and it took them 6 years and two franchise level players to recover, if they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I mean is Duncan does not seem like a guy that has any interest in coaching. I think he's doing this because he knows it's pop's last season and wants to be around for it.
    I think Pop said to him "Let's off for a season, all the carrot cake you can eat, no pressure to win"

Tim - "In"

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    popovich is holding this team down.........look at how loose they played with him ejected...........demote pop hire becky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    popovich is holding this team down.........look at how loose they played with him ejected...........demote pop hire becky
    The is showing you that Becky is ready for prime time? She wont even take initiative to be the lead coach when Pop is ejected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao the Spurs are "coaching by committee"

BeCkY iS rEaDY tO CoACh! ShEs bEtTeR tHan PoP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other sign/crumb OP shouldn’t have included was the Bill Self “denials” earlier this year.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...urs-head-coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season? I hope this is his last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other sign/crumb OP shouldn’t have included was the Bill Self “denials” earlier this year.

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...urs-head-coach
    I didn't include it, because I don't think it is truly relevant, and I don't believe is in line for the job.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop leaving the NBA the way he came in...the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been watching so I'm not going to pretend to know the team's issues, but Pop can coach for however long he wants, shouldn't be disputed by anybody.

It might look like the coaching version of Kobe's last few years in the league, but that's the respect that should be given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been watching so I'm not going to pretend to know the team's issues, but Pop can coach for however long he wants, shouldn't be disputed by anybody.

It might look like the coaching version of Kobe's last few years in the league, but that's the respect that should be given.
    Why?
    See illustration in thread I made about taking the car keys from Grandpa for everyones own good. Including Grandpa. Ok, now q is at what point in time do you do that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?
    See illustration in thread I made about taking the car keys from Grandpa for everyones own good. Including Grandpa. Ok, now q is at what point in time do you do that?
    It would have to reach consistent bottom-feeder status to even have that conversation IMO.

They made the playoffs last season, we aren't even close to reaching the point where anybody should be asking for Pop to be forced out.

Thread Information