Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Coming out lifeless again only to blow a 15 point lead at home. The pain. The agony. The anguish. This loss hurt bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its crawling in my skin tbh, these wounds they will not heal imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missing the eye-liner, but otherwise pretty accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Hurt Status: 1.6/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll still take this any day over Game 6, 2013 NBA Finals. At least those guys back then played with passion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Hurt Status: 1.6/10
    You would enjoy this team and roster build

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would enjoy this team and roster build
    Complacency at its worst.

Wish Malone was bright enough to play Craig at SF from the start of the series, so the Nuggets beat us in 5.

Then Pop maybe wouldnt have been so optimistic about his flawed team.

Ready to turn this page already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People on ST have wanted the team to begin tanking since 2009. Now suddenly after a couple of losses it’s apparently the end of the world and everyone’s a gutless worm. How are they going to take a 10 year long losing record run that might be coming up?

Might as well end it all today. Where’s kobyz?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 25 days since it happened . . . and, honestly, its hurting. It's a pain deep in the soul that feels like I probably won't ever shake. To be this close to such great potential -- only to see it slip through the fingers nightly -- is devastating. Somehow, it seems to hurt more and more as the season progresses as the realization is setting in regarding what exactly this team is.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life outside of edgelording in front of a mirror, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. This season hurts.

I've tried turning the tv off mid-meltdown to forget about it. But there I am, in the middle of the house, 3am on SpursTalk in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those DeRozan clutch minutes replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have five championships. And going into last season, a trip to the 2nd round would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to 7 games was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would have Dejounte locked up and looking gifted, White breaking out into a real quality player and other youth with actual serious potential to keep this team compe ive for another 10 years? I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, seeing Pau and Mills re-signed sucked. Kawhi forcing his way out was tough to swallow. Signing Beli in free agency was unpleasant. The low-ceiling,no defense rotations aren’t fun. Watching Lonnie rot on the bench isn’t enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this. No Murray and White together? Even when the defense is in a downward spiral? That was the only thing on my wishlist and I feel like the joy is being sucked out of me with every passing moment and missed opportunity.

I've had an extremely busy Fall and Winter looks promising. I ordered some pretty stylish winter turtle necks so I have that to look forward to. Life is great -- never better. But what this team is doing continues to haunt me.

I thought going to the Memphis game to see off Tony Parker would provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. But I caught another L. I guess that is what you get when you have high hopes .. when you think you can learn to love and trust again. For now, at least, the pain of nearly every game outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight vs Portland.
    Mediocrity especially declining is the worst fan position. You should lower your expectations and come to grips that more than likely the franchise will have less success especially consistently when the rest of the old guard is gone. There are no Championships on the horizon or even deep playoff runs. Just occasional small reminders here and there of what use to be. Then it's entirely gone and you rebuild (which usually fails atleast once).

Listen here though. You live in the sports capital of the World. There are tons of sports options. I have roughly 7 major team sports I watch and if one team sucks I just invest time in another. This is supposed to be enjoyment. Time and life is too short to dwell over athletes. Some of the funnest times I had as a fan was discovering a new sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People on ST have wanted the team to begin tanking since 2009. Now suddenly after a couple of losses it’s apparently the end of the world and everyone’s a gutless worm. How are they going to take a 10 year long losing record run that might be coming up?

They kind of have been playing like gutless worms tbh. Finally after people saying it it came true lol. Broken clock etc.

But SA has enough promising youth already that they shouldn’t be some bottom dweller even once Derozan and LMA are gone imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 25 days since it happened . . . and, honestly, its hurting. It's a pain deep in the soul that feels like I probably won't ever shake. To be this close to such great potential -- only to see it slip through the fingers nightly -- is devastating. Somehow, it seems to hurt more and more as the season progresses as the realization is setting in regarding what exactly this team is.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life outside of edgelording in front of a mirror, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. This season hurts.

I've tried turning the tv off mid-meltdown to forget about it. But there I am, in the middle of the house, 3am on SpursTalk in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those DeRozan clutch minutes replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have five championships. And going into last season, a trip to the 2nd round would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to 7 games was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would have Dejounte locked up and looking gifted, White breaking out into a real quality player and other youth with actual serious potential to keep this team compe ive for another 10 years? I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, seeing Pau and Mills re-signed sucked. Kawhi forcing his way out was tough to swallow. Signing Beli in free agency was unpleasant. The low-ceiling,no defense rotations aren’t fun. Watching Lonnie rot on the bench isn’t enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this. No Murray and White together? Even when the defense is in a downward spiral? That was the only thing on my wishlist and I feel like the joy is being sucked out of me with every passing moment and missed opportunity.

I've had an extremely busy Fall and Winter looks promising. I ordered some pretty stylish winter turtle necks so I have that to look forward to. Life is great -- never better. But what this team is doing continues to haunt me.

I thought going to the Memphis game to see off Tony Parker would provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. But I caught another L. I guess that is what you get when you have high hopes .. when you think you can learn to love and trust again. For now, at least, the pain of nearly every game outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight vs Portland.
    brilliant

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can remember when EMO IT 21 started posting here. He'd repeatedly cry and play the post count smack card because no one respected his takes like he thought they should.
    you guise don't liek me cuz mah post count

I faced up, took two power dribbles right, spun back left, pump faked and dunked right on his head with authority, Duncan on Gasol style circa '12.

You had to know the fat boy was just around the corner. When he saw his master in a "squabble", he couldn't resist waddling in here, slovenly as ever, tongue firmly entrenched in his master's ass, resorting to his pathetic, played out 80s schoolyard tactics.

Now all that's left is Chump, Dex and coachmac and it'll be like old times . . .

This isn't then, when they had a legendary core with some gas still left in the tank. This team doesn't have that, doesn't fit and is completely out of touch with the modern NBA. All we're asking for is sensible moves. The team could easily be better with them. If not and they really go in the tank, that's fine too.

Losing is fine as long as it's being done right, so that the organization puts themselves in the best possible position for the future. The we're being subjected to right now isn't fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what I said.
    How can it not be what you said? I just copy and pasted your own words

You called Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers ... and it's not like you did it one time in the heat of battle. You did it repeatedly over the course of about eight years -- and it's all do ented in that one thread. You should be embarrassed.

Why do you even follow the Spurs, tbh? If you were miserable during The Golden Years, there will literally never be a time when you're not miserable. Unless you enjoy being miserable, I don't understand it.

But every positive the media thinks about this franchise from the majority of this decade, could easily be viewed through a different lens if not for that.
    Trying to deflect blame to the media for calling Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers.

At thinking All-NBA automatically = top 15.
    That's some impressively poor comprehension, even for someone who thought Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers.

After a season in which DeRozan got named to the second team All-NBA, which would indicate that he's a top ten player in the league, I said his range starts at 15. Saying that wasn't a compliment, it's saying that his placement on the All-NBA second team was erroneously high. Again, if that's the worst thing you got on me, that's pretty impressive, tbh

I faced up, took two power dribbles right, spun back left, pump faked and dunked right on his head with authority, Duncan on Gasol style circa '12.
    Trying to desperately backpedal and pretend you rooted for Duncan after claiming Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers repeatedly over as span of eight years. It's too late. You were rooting for Gasol back in 2012. Admit it.

Now all that's left is Chump, Dex and coachmac and it'll be like old times . . .

Which old times you talking about? The old times where you said Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i told u months ago that spurs will suck and not even make PO. Majority of u were laughing at me and saying that spurs are contender, that murray will be great and MIP, that pop is great and im crazy saying he should retire etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You called Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers ... and it's not like you did it one time in the heat of battle. You did it repeatedly over the course of about eight years -- and it's all do ented in that one thread. You should be embarrassed.

Why do you even follow the Spurs, tbh? If you were miserable during The Golden Years, there will literally never be a time when you're not miserable. Unless you enjoy being miserable, I don't understand it.

Trying to deflect blame to the media for calling Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers.

That's some impressively poor comprehension, even for someone who thought Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers.

After a season in which DeRozan got named to the second team All-NBA, which would indicate that he's a top ten player in the league, I said his range starts at 15. Saying that wasn't a compliment, it's saying that his placement on the All-NBA second team was erroneously high. Again, if that's the worst thing you got on me, that's pretty impressive, tbh

Trying to desperately backpedal and pretend you rooted for Duncan after claiming Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers repeatedly over as span of eight years. It's too late. You were rooting for Gasol back in 2012. Admit it.

Which old times you talking about? The old times where you said Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard were gutless worms and mentally fragile losers?
    Nah, you're intentionally being obtuse, twisting my words and acting like a brat because I branded you a brainwashed cult member and have repeatedly exposed you over the years both for being arrogant and not nearly as knowledgeable as you like to pretend to your worshippers.

Now you're repeating a line that you think is sure to get your worshippers and others to fall in line to distract from those facts.

You absolutely tried to pretend All-NBA = top 15 and are now bizarely doubling down on it while simultaneously arguing otherwise. It doesn't indicate that he was a top 10 player and the fact that you think it does speaks to what I was saying. (DeAndre) Jordan, Noah, Dragic, Lee, etc. in recent memory have all made All-NBA, some of which 1st team. Were they top 5-10 players too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, you're intentionally being obtuse, twisting my words
    ? They are your words.

Alright, let's make this simple. Answer this one question: Are Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers? I'm not asking about the media interpretation or however you try to spin your emotional outbursts over the years. I'm asking you straight up. Simple question.

I branded you a brainwashed cult member and have repeatedly exposed you over the years both for being arrogant and not nearly as knowledgeable as you like to pretend to your worshippers.
    I realize the occult is a hot topic at Hot Topic but please try to at least vary your insults. The flow chart of who is in a cult and who is being worshipped by which cult is getting confusing, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? They are your words.

Alright, let's make this simple. Answer this one question: Are Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers? I'm not asking about the media interpretation or however you try to spin your emotional outbursts over the years. I'm asking you straight up. Simple question.

I realize the occult is a hot topic at Hot Topic but please try to at least vary your insults. The flow chart of who is in a cult and who is being worshipped by which cult is getting confusing, tbh.
    I didn't say the Ibaka injury determined their "legacy". I just said, if not for that, they very well might have lost and had they, the organization wouldn't be thought of the same way. That fortune paved the way for 5, which has obscured their playoff track record.

You already told me various times that I thought they were . . . are you going to keep plagiarizing me?

Nah, it's simple. Maybe you're just getting senile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp: direct question - what do you think would happen to the Spurs chances of making the playoffs if they traded Derozan? Let’s assume it won’t be for a Kawhi like player, but either a strong role player (let’s say Danny Green type) + pick or even the Aaron Gordon for Derozan swap.

Would their playoff hopes take a big hit? Would they improve? Or not much of a difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say the Ibaka injury determined their "legacy". I just said, if not for that, they very well might have lost and had they, the organization wouldn't be thought of the same way. That fortune paved the way for 5, which has obscured their playoff track record.

You already told me various times that I thought they were . . . are you going to keep plagiarizing me?

Nah, it's simple. Maybe you're just getting senile.
    Way to answer the question.

Let's try it again. You can answer with one word, if you so choose.

Are Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard gutless worms and mentally fragile losers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp: direct question - what do you think would happen to the Spurs chances of making the playoffs if they traded Derozan? Let’s assume it won’t be for a Kawhi like player, but either a strong role player (let’s say Danny Green type) + pick or even the Aaron Gordon for Derozan swap.

Would their playoff hopes take a big hit? Would they improve? Or not much of a difference?
    I didn't say the DeRozan injury determined their "legacy". I just said, if not for that, the cult you worship, is worshipping you, at Hot Topic they told me, they very well might have lost and had they, my wrist scars never heal, the organization wouldn't ...

Seriously though, DeRozan for Gordon ... I'd say chances stay the same to slightly increase assuming Gordon is played at PF and not SF and White eats up some of the minutes DeRozan leaves behind.

DeRozan for Danny Green? Decrease just because there'd be a very real chance the team couldn't generate enough points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well
    Mess with the bull
    You get the horn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say the DeRozan injury determined their "legacy". I just said, if not for that, the cult you worship, is worshipping you, at Hot Topic they told me, they very well might have lost and had they, my wrist scars never heal, the organization wouldn't ...

Seriously though, DeRozan for Gordon ... I'd say chances stay the same to slightly increase assuming Gordon is played at PF and not SF and White eats up some of the minutes DeRozan leaves behind.

DeRozan for Danny Green? Decrease just because there'd be a very real chance the team couldn't generate enough points.
    Was that first part for me?

But on the Danny Green part - didn’t mean him, but someone like him who is maybe more in their prime. You don’t think the defensive gains + spacing would be worth it?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like 96/97 again. That sums up how I'm feeling. That year they had and excuse with injuries. This year the roster that was built and coach not being able to utilise them is the reason. It's become a joke tbh

Oh and Nique the human highlight reel was much more fun to watch than the Da choker.
    Last edited by Slippy; 11-18-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Thread Information