Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 25 days since it happened . . . and, honestly, its hurting. It's a pain deep in the soul that feels like I probably won't ever shake. To be this close to such great potential -- only to see it slip through the fingers nightly -- is devastating. Somehow, it seems to hurt more and more as the season progresses as the realization is setting in regarding what exactly this team is.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life outside of edgelording in front of a mirror, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. This season hurts.

I've tried turning the tv off mid-meltdown to forget about it. But there I am, in the middle of the house, 3am on SpursTalk in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those DeRozan clutch minutes replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have five championships. And going into last season, a trip to the 2nd round would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to 7 games was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would have Dejounte locked up and looking gifted, White breaking out into a real quality player and other youth with actual serious potential to keep this team compe ive for another 10 years? I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, seeing Pau and Mills re-signed sucked. Kawhi forcing his way out was tough to swallow. Signing Beli in free agency was unpleasant. The low-ceiling,no defense rotations aren’t fun. Watching Lonnie rot on the bench isn’t enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this. No Murray and White together? Even when the defense is in a downward spiral? That was the only thing on my wishlist and I feel like the joy is being sucked out of me with every passing moment and missed opportunity.

I've had an extremely busy Fall and Winter looks promising. I ordered some pretty stylish winter turtle necks so I have that to look forward to. Life is great -- never better. But what this team is doing continues to haunt me.

I thought going to the Memphis game to see off Tony Parker would provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. But I caught another L. I guess that is what you get when you have high hopes .. when you think you can learn to love and trust again. For now, at least, the pain of nearly every game outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight vs Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tHe sPuRs nEeD tO mAkE a mOvE nOw i wAnT tO hAvE fUn!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...where you getting your turtle necks at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...where you getting your turtle necks at?
    Baby Gap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tHe sPuRs nEeD tO mAkE a mOvE nOw i wAnT tO hAvE fUn!
    Correlation vs causation. I want to win, winning is fun, making a move that helps the team win then turns into fun for all!

All I am really asking is if you want to compete for the playoffs, which to me trading for DeRozan, bringing in vets in the off season like Rudy/Carroll and not making any significant changes while playing guys like Beli over the youth is a sign that is the case, then go for it. Don’t have to be stupid and ruin your future or anything, but the team is poorly constructed based on their stars games and they need a jolt.

But, I’m in my feelings and this currently hurts. Can we at least get Murray White together for significant minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11/10 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edgelord take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    some spurs cholo/ms 13 fan needs to punch derozan in traffic like that mexican gangbanger from ohio did to myles garrett..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently driving my Ford Edge, on the way to get me beard edged up and listening to Living on the Edge by Aerosmith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently driving my Ford Edge, on the way to get me beard edged up and listening to Living on the Edge by Aerosmith.
    , that's edgy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recording a song called Edge with Lorde next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on the edge of my seat with this thread

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes the le is so good, I almost don't want to read the thread. This was one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expectations are the harbingers of disappointment. Sports are a great reminder of that.
    Enjoy the turtlenecks!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correlation vs causation. I want to win, winning is fun, making a move that helps the team win then turns into fun for all!

All I am really asking is if you want to compete for the playoffs, which to me trading for DeRozan, bringing in vets in the off season like Rudy/Carroll and not making any significant changes while playing guys like Beli over the youth is a sign that is the case, then go for it. Don’t have to be stupid and ruin your future or anything, but the team is poorly constructed based on their stars games and they need a jolt.

But, I’m in my feelings and this currently hurts. Can we at least get Murray White together for significant minutes?
    He's a blind, brainwashed, cult follower. Him and his merry band of idiots think that because of what happened 5-15 years ago, this organization is above reproach.

Not only do they try to spread their gospel by spewing this nonsense, but they actually have the audacity to question the fandom of those who dare question them by wanting to to see logical, simple changes to improve this embarrassing, pathetic situation they've put themselves in.

Apparently this legion of clowns like the status quo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a blind, brainwashed, cult follower. Him and his merry band of idiots think that because of what happened 5-15 years ago, this organization is above reproach.

Not only do they try to spread their gospel by spewing this nonsense, but they actually have the audacity to question the fandom of those who dare question them by wanting to to see logical, simple changes to improve this embarrassing, pathetic situation they've put themselves in.

Apparently this legion of clowns like the status quo.
    Once you've finished shopping at Hot Topic, search my posts and read more closely. You will see that what you typed is incorrect.

Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once you've finished shopping at Hot Topic, search my posts and read more closely. You will see that what you typed is incorrect.

Thanks
    I've seen plenty your posts and read them closely. When there's no readily available spin, there's the occasional micro questioning of your master to attempt to throw those enlightened off the scent, but in the macro sense, it's the same old reciting of his resume anytime his sanity is questioned, which contradicts or undermines the former.

At taking a shot at a thread of mine, only to use it as a poll question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen plenty your posts and read them closely. When there's no readily available spin, there's the occasional micro questioning of your master to attempt to throw those enlightened off the scent, but in the macro sense, it's the same old reciting of his resume anytime his sanity is questioned, which contradicts or undermines the former.

At taking a shot at a thread of mine, only to use it as a poll question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's funny considering it's the an hesis of what I look like . . . but it's not quite as funny as thinking DeRozan's "range starts at 15" (in terms of league hierarchy).

Thread Information