Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The commitee challenged the call. The refs could only review “from the gather & afterwards”. The call stands. Yet tomorrow when the 2 minute drill comes out the league will say they missed the initial foul call?

If they call the foul on the defender while Derozan is driving, then there will be no offensive foul call on Derozan.

Like WTF sense is that? That they can’t review before the gather? Which clown is creating this flawed system? Total amateur hour. The league is already becoming a joke with the no physicality and all offense for ratings.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still confused as to how his contact with Whiteside on that play was a foul

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think they called it cos DDR was pulling on whiteside jersey when he came down...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watch the fall, looked like Derozan grabbed his jersey and pulled him down while he fell. It’s still irrelevant though, they review derozan’s drive & call the foul there then that shot attempt mess means nothing.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh. I didn’t see that, but yeah. Should have been a foul before that happened

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you can't say, "I want to challenge THIS particular no-call. You can only challenge something that happens after the ball is gathered? So nothing that happens while a guy is dribbling the ball can be challenged? I don't think they thought this through all the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's re ed. And the call didn't 'stand', it was changed from an offensive foul to a off ball foul, which meant Blazers went to the line. It's one of those most absurd rulings, considering that is a gather during the game. He picked up his dribble. It's a gather. How can lillard get calls the way he did all game but that's not a gather?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a guy is bringing the ball up the court. A defender swings a leg out and intentionally trips him, but the refs totally whiff the call. It can't be challenged successfully, because the ball handler never gathered? Seriously?

Now I think Pop was right to just pretend like it doesn't exist. Horse rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole game was fraudulent. As soon as we went up 9, the whistles started. Let's not forget that Lillard got 6 freethrows from flops and one White didn't even touch him at all. Brothers gottt t he call from Silver that Vegas was gonna lose a lot of money..

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's re ed. And the call didn't 'stand', it was changed from an offensive foul to a off ball foul, which meant Blazers went to the line. It's one of those most absurd rulings, considering that is a gather during the game. He picked up his dribble. It's a gather. How can lillard get calls the way he did all game but that's not a gather?
    Completely agree with this. It really feels like they are trying to get people upset with challenge rule that it is taken out in the off season. The idea that you put in challenge to get calls right and you can't overturn a blatant foul on DDR during the course of the play is outrageous and just betrays the whole notion of replay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans cry to use a coach's challenge, TD uses one in a play where DeRozan was legitimately fouled, not only is the foul ignored, the foul is changed to make it worse than the original call.

Can't make this up, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this lights a fire under this team’s ass.

They need something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this lights a fire under this team’s ass.

They need something.
    there was definitely fire, passion, energy this game in quarters 2 - 4 1/2. Then wheels fell off at the end. It was Fun seeing Lonnie in action and seeing everyone showing some emotion. But with DDR closing games we’ll never get to where we want to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to have some point at which to begin the review, where one act ends and another begins. If you allow review before the gather, can they go back 2 minutes and see every activity? Once the gather happens, then they can see if the call stands. I don't think they should be able to call a foul that wasn't called on the floor, but they should be able to rescind one. I am not up to speed on the new rule though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you can't say, "I want to challenge THIS particular no-call. You can only challenge something that happens after the ball is gathered? So nothing that happens while a guy is dribbling the ball can be challenged? I don't think they thought this through all the way.
    How would that work though? Seems like a way for the coach to stop the game at any given time. There should be a dead ball situation before a challenge can happen.

Thread Information