Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't tank for another Duncan because that's never gonna happen again. But you do need to tank for some talent infusion. The Spurs finding gems late in the draft helped immensely to build around Duncan but we're currently developing role players without a real star to build around. There's already eight teams in the West taking up playoff spots at the moment. Next year, the Warriors will be back with a healthy roster AND a top 3 pick. So that's nine teams ahead of us in the pecking order. What we're doing trying to compete with castoff losers like Dumbar and Softridge isn't leading us anywhere but the treadmill...which is the worst place to be in this league. I don't like tanking but the strategy of rebuilding on the fly went out the window with Kawhi's departure.
    exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    multiple things need to happen. we aren't winning this year and it looks like we probably won't even be in the playoffs. one or (preferably) both of DDR and LMA need to go. we need to run with our youth movement and have them showcase what they bring to the table. then we end up getting whatever draft pick we get and rebuild. pop has got to go too. he's too sentimental

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we had a guy that was pretty good.. A guy you can build a championship team around.. Seemed coachable, played great defense, offensive game coming around like a monster. Team was back in contention.. Seemed too good to be true. Then his leg (Cough) starting hurting, and his Uncle was making phone calls to Cali constantly..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Duncan is a top 5 player of all time. Spurs lucked out when they got him. Very rare a team can tank and then end up with a number 1 pick which results in a top 5 all time great. Lebron was the last top 10 all time great player to be drafted at number 1 and that was 16 years ago.
    It is so rare.. So many guys come in with that hype.. Another one in Zion this year, yet to hit the court.. How many really become legends?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the sentiment that tanking isn’t the answer. You’re not guaranteed to land that next Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Durbeta er uh Durant, or anyone that will alter your franchise. I’m not sold on the Sixers, and they’ve been tanking since 2012
    I agree with the 76ers.. On paper they look like monsters. But still just 8-5..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is a once in a 1000 year player, especially when you consider that star players don't stay in small markets for their entire career.
    I Hope that Giannis does.. Would be great for the league if he wins chips with the Bucks..

Thread Information