Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a worse defender than twilight Parker; but Gregg is a genius and we obviously aren't seeing what his mastermind is seeing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's really no need to have both Patty and Forbes on the team. They're the exact same player (undersized SGs whose only NBA skill is shooting). Add in Beli and you've got a y Trio tbh.

Most playoff teams would probably live with having one of those guys on the court for 20-25 mins a game but Pop's got at least one checked-in for the full 48 minutes and many times 2 out of the 3
    They're (Mills, Forbes) not the exact same. There are legit differences in their capabilities and styles. I tend to think playing them so many minutes at the same time is something only Gregg would do. It makes me think why did Jimmer not stick here; but most certainly cos he wasn't willing to be a Pop Pet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On that note - How the did Toronto have the audacity to request Leonard AND Green in a trade...and how the did the Spurs agree to it? When you're trading for a superstar like Leonard, the best player in the league, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING. You don't get another starter-caliber player along with him, I'm sorry. I don't care if you throw in a draft pick and Poeltl. All three of your pieces combined are still less valuable than Leonard.
    This is the most mind boggling part of the trade. We shouldn't have had to get rid of anyone else outside of say Forbes or Gasol. Sending Green was a travesty and completely stupid. You gave them 40% of their starting lineup that won them a championship. And in return lost your 2 best defenders in 1 day. Just plain stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the most mind boggling part of the trade. We shouldn't have had to get rid of anyone else outside of say Forbes or Gasol. Sending Green was a travesty and completely stupid. You gave them 40% of their starting lineup that won them a championship. And in return lost your 2 best defenders in 1 day. Just plain stupid.
    Green was horrible his last couple of years in SA -- his three-point shot was gone. It was more than a slump. Go back and look at what folks here said about Green toward the end.

The Spurs didn't look at losing Green as an additional "price" of the Kawhi trade, they looked at it as a benefit.

Green was standing in the way of multiple young players who figured into the Spurs' future plans.

Green resurrected his career in Toronto -- but it's simply revisionist history to start acting like Green was a big trade piece that the Spurs gave up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like bryn's fire but seeing him up close last night proved he isn't a defender whatsoever. he was lost on every defensive play it was shocking. on one play he literally jumped the gun and ran towards his man as his man blew right past him and he just stood there like wtf. it was sickening... poor bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green was horrible his last couple of years in SA -- his three-point shot was gone. It was more than a slump. Go back and look at what folks here said about Green toward the end.

The Spurs didn't look at losing Green as an additional "price" of the Kawhi trade, they looked at it as a benefit.

Green was standing in the way of multiple young players who figured into the Spurs' future plans.

Green resurrected his career in Toronto -- but it's simply revisionist history to start acting like Green was a big trade piece that the Spurs gave up.
    Just the fact that Green was a starter who could defend made it horrible. I didn't even say he was necessarily a big piece - I just said trading any piece with any value in addition to Leonard was something they shouldn't have had to do. Those young guys he was "standing in the way of" are much smaller and less capable defensively than Green, so they never had as high a ceiling as him. And now here we are, sorely in need of a tall SG who can defend. Gee, if only we had one of those and didn't trade him away.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want another inconvenient truth. If the spurs miss the playoffs . BRYN starting will be a big reason for why. I mean defensivly he the biggest weakness on SLand even abigger liability as help defender.

Still starting. Only pop.

Pop and RC should be protecting their pet so he gets his payday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the fact that Green was a starter who could defend made it horrible. I didn't even say he was necessarily a big piece - I just said trading any piece with any value in addition to Leonard was something they shouldn't have had to do. Those young guys he was "standing in the way of" are much smaller and less capable defensively than Green, so they never had as high a ceiling as him. And now here we are, sorely in need of a tall SG who can defend. Gee, if only we had one of those and didn't trade him away.
    Not exactly true, we could have Bertans as SF and DDR at SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is all Pop thinks Forbes is, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is all Pop thinks Forbes is, tbh.
    But does Bertans have that undrafted underdog pedigree tbh?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walt Lemon had 28 points and 8 AST tonight, and was 3-3 from 3P. Instant improvement for this team, available for a min contract.
    … and Walt Lemon had 25 points, 8 AST, and 8 RB tonight with only 2 TO. I like White and Murry, but damn I miss having a PG. Even if Lemon is only bench material, I have to think that he would improve this squad at a min-contract price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs a playoff team if Pop starts Walker instead of Forbes from here on out?

Hmmm . . . . . .. .. . . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs a playoff team if Pop starts Walker instead of Forbes from here on out?

It’ll just mean that Patty, Forbes and Beli are going to get minutes together off the bench. You know Pop won’t be able to resist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, but I'm gonna hate watching Lonnie freezed out, just standing at the 3 point line while derozan hogs the ball and throws up a vomit induced contested 2 whilst melting down at the refs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that will never happen. And Gay is not a starting PF. He's a good bench player, but he's not a starter. Spurs gotta get rid of one of Forbes/Mills and package some of Lyles/Carroll/Belinelli for a starting PF. The problem is that the ones on the market are in the Mills salary range and you know Pop will never trade Mills cause "culture".

White/Walker/DeRozan/Gallinari/Aldridge

Murray/Forbes/Carroll/Gay/Poeltl

is a playoff team. Problem is the senile coach might need another 60 games to realize this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No. Because we all know Pop will still play Forbes and Beli heavy minutes regardless of who starts. Starting to think no matter what the rotations are this roster as currently constructed is not a playoff team tbh

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Because we all know Pop will still play Forbes and Beli heavy minutes regardless of who starts. Starting to think no matter what the rotations are this roster as currently constructed is not a playoff team tbh
    Disagree even though I get the gist of what you're saying about old man Pop

Lonnies defense alone would be an automatic upgrade. He creates havoc and man on man he can stick. Offensively, I'm expecting more easy transition points which spurs are hardly getting atm from the SL.

Pops forced to play him a certain amount of min as a starter. Off the bench who the fuk knows what hes thinking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did not see this posted in this thread but thought it was decent. One line I saw in it was pop told Bryn his defense would have to improve if he wanted minutes. I guess that went out the window.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/s...dN8_AdNvHojHfs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On that note - How the did Toronto have the audacity to request Leonard AND Green in a trade...and how the did the Spurs agree to it? When you're trading for a superstar like Leonard, the best player in the league, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING. You don't get another starter-caliber player along with him, I'm sorry. I don't care if you throw in a draft pick and Poeltl. All three of your pieces combined are still less valuable than Leonard.
    Nephew's ass had a lot to do with weakening his value. PATFOs goose was cooked on getting fair market value the second his uncle and that er made it clear he was not going to stay anywhere besides LA.

I get where you are going here but let us never start to blame anyone else but the himself who made it all go around.

In fact looking back on it, we all should have known (I did), that he was ing us over the moment he couldn't bring himself to sit with his teammates on the bench.

What a ing of a man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent Forms is his new nickname

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This guy, man.

Compared to how he is playing now, Forbes Forms was actually pretty damn good before this thread was made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his awful inconsistent shooting, it should be Bent Forms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is now shooting 40.0% from the floor and 34.4% on threes. Maybe if Pop doesn't want to admit Forbes' defense is horrendous, he will notice his percentages going in the toilet.

It's a shame, really. Forbes could legitimately be a good player off the bench. Hopefully the Spurs find out before they have to figure out his next contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is now shooting 40.0% from the floor and 34.4% on threes. Maybe if Pop doesn't want to admit Forbes' defense is horrendous, he will notice his percentages going in the toilet.

It's a shame, really. Forbes could legitimately be a good player off the bench. Hopefully the Spurs find out before they have to figure out his next contract.
    So dumb. If Bryn is on the roster, he's starting. The only thing that changes that is if Pop calls it quits in the next week or so.

I wouldn't take that loser back even if he was paying the Spurs 10mil.

Thread Information