Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is still a god awful defender. Nearly the worst in the league. This team isn't good enough to have a player like Forbes playing as anything more than a 10th man.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SequSpur, you think he's adequately sized to compete on defense as a starter?
    Nobody plays defense anymore, whoever scores the most, wins.... Meanwhile, I guess Dejounte's 2ppg is ideal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody plays defense anymore, whoever scores the most, wins.... Meanwhile, I guess Dejounte's 2ppg is ideal?
    They both score about 10 points a game in equal minutes.

When Murray rebounds, assists, steals at 3Xs the rate of your Bryn Forms, and defends at 8Xs it's a no brainer.

Are you dating Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with teams attacking Forbes is that the whole team has to cover for him. Anybody that attacks him sucks in the other defenders and teams get open looks.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with teams attacking Forbes is that the whole team has to cover for him. Anybody that attacks him sucks in the other defenders and teams get open looks.
    This. He is the weakest link

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    … and Walt Lemon had 25 points, 8 AST, and 8 RB tonight with only 2 TO. I like White and Murry, but damn I miss having a PG. Even if Lemon is only bench material, I have to think that he would improve this squad at a min-contract price.

Tonight Lemon had 20 points, 10 assists, and 3 steals. I know he was "only" 2-3 from 3P, not 6-9 like Forbes. But wouldn't it be nice to have a real PG on the roster to keep offense flowing from time to time? For a min contract?

Put him on the floor with Poeltl, and they would PnR opposing second units to death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryns time is up. White/murray need to start from here on out,unless pop is actually trying to tank which we know he isnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryns time is up. White/murray need to start from here on out,unless pop is actually trying to tank which we know he isnt

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White and Murray are the future. At least part of the future. Bryn sure as isn't. Or if he is, the future is screwed.

I agree. Time to move on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes is the future we're screwed, i agree but a White/Murray backcourt is a bright future? Still screwed imo, tbh. We need real talent for a bright future meaning championship contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes is the future we're screwed, i agree but a White/Murray backcourt is a bright future? Still screwed imo, tbh. We need real talent for a bright future meaning championship contention.
    possibly, Walker / White / Murray getting all minutes on pg/sg can be really compe ive against any backcourt (defensively would be the best in the league, no doubt), but to be sure, it would be necessary to test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    possibly, Walker / White / Murray getting all minutes on pg/sg can be really compe ive against any backcourt (defensively would be the best in the league, no doubt), but to be sure, it would be necessary to test.
    "I tested it for 10 minutes, it just didn't work out. Patty, Bryn get in there"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn could be a net positive bench player where his shooting would give needed energy and his defensive limitations wouldn’t be as critical against other 2nd string players. He can’t continue to start based on his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn could be a net positive bench player where his shooting would give needed energy and his defensive limitations wouldn’t be as critical against other 2nd string players. He can’t continue to start based on his defense.
    A person might think Forbes could do better against bench players, but then recall how he's been obliterated by guys like Yogi Ferrell. Forbes can't defend any player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A person might think Forbes could do better against bench players, but then recall how he's been obliterated by guys like Yogi Ferrell. Forbes can't defend any player in the NBA.
    Who the f was an is the driving force behind recruiting, giving time, advancing to starter and now this beyond re of maintaining him as starter?

CIA Senile acting alone on this or was and is Drunkford in on it? Of course he was. But to what extent. And now, Drunkford in on Forbes?
    Timmy Duncan condones this or is Duncs just collecting a paycheck and touring around the country again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On that note - How the did Toronto have the audacity to request Leonard AND Green in a trade...and how the did the Spurs agree to it? When you're trading for a superstar like Leonard, the best player in the league, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING. You don't get another starter-caliber player along with him, I'm sorry. I don't care if you throw in a draft pick and Poeltl. All three of your pieces combined are still less valuable than Leonard.
    It also doesn't help that Green seems to have thrived after leaving the Spurs' system... His 3pt% went way up. It's hard not to think Green sometimes felt smothered by Pop, who routinely yelled at him in a way he never has at Forbes, DeRozan, or Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Weatherspoon is a BIG upgrade from bryn even in his Proto Austin Spurs State.

Better Athlete, beter defensive tools. You have a 6'3" (thats pushing it) Engine that could guy with T Rex arms vs a Poor Mans Marcus Smart but a 6'4.25" with a 6'9-10" wingspan 40" vertical, 3.09 sprint and 3.15 Shuttle.

He has a better 3pt % than Luka thus far

All the metrics are there.
    Weatherspoon is a George Hill kind of player. I said the same even before the season. We just gotta hope Forbes and Flopovich are out soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes sucks. Called it from day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes sucks. Called it from day 1.
    He doesn't, though - he's being put in a position to fail. He's the kind of bench player you put on the floor for quick offense, a serious chucker that, when on, provides a big and quick scoring advantage (he's obviously not hitting 6 threes in a row every game like the last one, but that's a good outlook of what he brings to the table). His defense is absolute thrash, but he wouldn't be nearly as abused if he were going against opposing benches instead of being forced to defend star SGs (and every opponent position's stars really, since teams obviously force switches until they go through him like an open door).

Pop is horribly misusing the roster he's been given this season. Not only preventing the best defensive pairing in the team, but playing one of the worst defenders in the NBA in his place - that's a recipe for failure. I think Forbes would be good to retain, in a vacuum and having assumed his properly reduced role and thus salary; but him staying will mean Pop still overplays him, so I'm hoping another team throws big money at him. I do see him having a Bertans kind of season after he leaves...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that flagrant suspension worthy... I think so but i have a bias.. haha it's an inconvenient truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to acknowledge forbes even exists ,tbh. Atleast until he removes his head from his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The loaded magazine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't, though - he's being put in a position to fail. He's the kind of bench player you put on the floor for quick offense, a serious chucker that, when on, provides a big and quick scoring advantage (he's obviously not hitting 6 threes in a row every game like the last one, but that's a good outlook of what he brings to the table). His defense is absolute thrash, but he wouldn't be nearly as abused if he were going against opposing benches instead of being forced to defend star SGs (and every opponent position's stars really, since teams obviously force switches until they go through him like an open door).

Pop is horribly misusing the roster he's been given this season. Not only preventing the best defensive pairing in the team, but playing one of the worst defenders in the NBA in his place - that's a recipe for failure. I think Forbes would be good to retain, in a vacuum and having assumed his properly reduced role and thus salary; but him staying will mean Pop still overplays him, so I'm hoping another team throws big money at him. I do see him having a Bertans kind of season after he leaves...
    He is being put in position to fail by starting but no way he has a Bertans kind of season if he ever leaves. Bertans is more physically gifted, obviously but he's also more skilled and more athletic. I think it's more likely we see Forbes turn out like Gary Neal did once he left the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wtf theres zero chance forbes ever has a season like Bertans does
    That's EXACTLY the point I was making.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a worse version of Gary Neal

Thread Information