Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a way worse version of what Pop sees in his head.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon is a George Hill kind of player. I said the same even before the season. We just gotta hope Forbes and Flopovich are out soon

Forbes bulked up, and Spoon is still stronger than him. He can handle contact without coughing the ball up. Forbes is a target on both ends of the floor, because any time he puts the ball on the floor more than once, the defense is coming after him - and he's either got to dump it off to someone, or it's a turnover.

I don't know if Spoon is ready to deliver 3-pointers against NBA defenders, but I would take him in every other facet of the game right now. And he's going to get better - Forbes is done improving. This is it for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes sucks. Called it from day 1.
    I didn't. Forbes has an incredible stroke - good enough that it can't be taught. I thought he would tighten up his handles - he didn't. And I didn't think anybody could be that ing bad on defense. I gave him credit for more on D, just because I didn't have the imagination to think he would be this worthless there.

He doesn't, though - he's being put in a position to fail. He's the kind of bench player you put on the floor for quick offense

He does, though. He's got to be spoon-fed, because the big boys on the block will just take the ball away from him. Over and over. And he's a target on defense. I've watched too may guys coming down the floor, actively looking for Forbes. The Spurs have had way too many games where they just couldn't get a damn stop, and Forbes has been a big part of that. When you can't get a stop, you have to be perfect on offense - and it really helps if you can make more 3's than the other team. That puts the Spurs in a hole, any time Forbes isn't red hot from the arc.

He really does suck. Nice kid and all that, but the experiment is over. We all know what he is now. All the other teams know what he is now. Only Pop doesn't seem to.

If he was on a team with strong defenders, and a Harden-type player that sucks in defenders? Yeah, he would make more 3's. He wouldn't be better - he'd just get more open opportunities. Bertans is actually doing things he never got the chance to do in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes bulked up, and Spoon is still stronger than him. He can handle contact without coughing the ball up. Forbes is a target on both ends of the floor, because any time he puts the ball on the floor more than once, the defense is coming after him - and he's either got to dump it off to someone, or it's a turnover.

I don't know if Spoon is ready to deliver 3-pointers against NBA defenders, but I would take him in every other facet of the game right now. And he's going to get better - Forbes is done improving. This is it for him.
    Spoon was a legit star player on his college team and had big plays in the clutch. He's also a PG so his playmaking skills are way better. Add his physical abilities to that which makes him a better defender than Forbes ever will be. I see him as a combo guard who can come off the bench while being able to make plays on both ends. That's great value for a 2nd round pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    possibly, Walker / White / Murray getting all minutes on pg/sg can be really compe ive against any backcourt (defensively would be the best in the league, no doubt), but to be sure, it would be necessary to test.
    I think Pop is trying to save them from failure because he thinks they are not ready(Walker, Murray that is). I agree that we need to see it and fast in order to know what player to choose in the draft.
    From what i have seen thus far though, granted its a small sample size, i maintain the position that a Murray, White backcourt is not championship material going forward and i would throw Walker into that mix as well. Two injury prone players and another that is also coming of an injury and can't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes sucks. Called it from day 1.
    Spoon was a legit star player on his college team and had big plays in the clutch. He's also a PG so his playmaking skills are way better. Add his physical abilities to that which makes him a better defender than Forbes ever will be. I see him as a combo guard who can come off the bench while being able to make plays on both ends. That's great value for a 2nd round pick

I followed Spoon in college. He's one of the guys I was pulling for the Spurs to draft. I've been sold on him for two years. I said when they drafted him that he could be a Forbes replacement. People screamed, but I still think so. His D is already much better than Forbes', and he's got a of a stroke. And, yeah, much better handles than Forbes ever had.

He's got a brother that I think is probably more talented than Quinn is. He had a little... discipline problem, and I don't know whether he will get his together or not. Talented family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bryn Forbes should not be a starter on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failing on the bench too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new banch mob-mills,forbes and belli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried Lonnie on the road, against the best team in the league and he just didn't work. Bryn get back into your starting spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My (faint) hope is that some GM will see Davis' success after leaving the Spurs as the model, and he will be willing to trade for him, believing he can work a similar turnaround with Bryn that the Wiz worked with Davis. Insert praying dog gif.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried Lonnie on the road, against the best team in the league and he just didn't work. Bryn get back into your starting spot.
    Yeah.. exactly.

I can't recall such a frustrating season. I spend a load of money in some way shape or form on the Spurs. Definitely will have to reconsider after this season. Coach Pop.. you liberal POS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly I see that happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new banch mob-mills,forbes and belli
    the -50 boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Master level troll after one game of Lonnie starting.

popthumbsup.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failed experiment He's the future of the franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This fool is such an embarrassment. It's not even a slump, he just literally cant get his shot off. ing charity case is what he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you call 131 out of 133 games an experiment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you call 131 out of 133 games an experiment?
    An experiment in futility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves the lil fcker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this nba Forbes could still have a little role as a shooter coming from the bench for a limited amount of time as a special unit when you just need 3 points...a role like the one Steve Kerr had in the past (but not in crunch time, because Kerr had some playmaking and defense in him, while Forbes dont). Using him like a starter is and has been just a bad idea. In a word, not enough offensive skills to compensate the lake of intelligence, talent and body that makes him an abysmal defensive player. What makes me think is how an always defensive oriented coach like Pop has not realized this...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25.3 minutes per game wasted....

Thread Information